WTF are these things called?

Whalebot

• Members

Ivory tower? I stand by comment earlier in the thread no need to ignore it. As I mentioned I don't have the mind reading ability you do so when people post a comment I can only go by what is posted not by the hidden meaning and the post you found so offense did not look to me meant to be.

Five pages later saying that his whole reason for posting here is to educate me on how a guitar works I found pompous. And so I told him. I didn't view it as a thrown insult, like say calling someone an asshole, more as a observation.

That's great.

Your opinions are appreciated and will be noted.

I hope you accomplished your goal today.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why are you wasting your time justifying yourself to me?

You may be a competent luthier, but I don't respect you as a human being.

You are a hot head and a bully.

Did I justify myself? lol That must've been a side effect of my attempting to bully you into a Budda like state of submission. :facepalm: I honestly don't care what you think of me, but continue casting insults in my direction and I'll fire them right back at you matey. :thu:

You cast doubt on my position concerning AGF and I replied. It's very simple really. :lol:

• Members

Five pages later saying that his whole reason for posting here is to educate me on how a guitar works I found pompous. And so I told him. I didn't view it as a thrown insult, like say calling someone an asshole, more as a observation.

So you found the word "pompous" an objective observation rather than an insult?

That means when you call somebody pompous, you don't expect them to find it offensive?

Objective observations can offend. And that's pretty much what this thread is all about. Observations. Offense. Defense. Alliances. Grudges. Entertainment.

It's a very weird abstraction of our world, but it still has vestigial social rules associated with it. Rules that used to make sense when we had to beat each other up in order to mate with the most attractive female. :)

• Members

Did I justify myself? lol That must've been a side effect of my attempting to bully you into a Budda like state of submission.
:facepalm:
I honestly don't care what you think of me, but continue casting insults in my direction and I'll fire them right back at you matey.
:thu:

You cast doubt on my position concerning AGF and I replied. It's very simple really.
:lol:

You're doing it again. :facepalm:

• Members

So you found the word "pompous" an objective observation rather than an insult?

That means when you call somebody pompous, you don't expect them to find it offensive?

Objective observations can offend. And that's pretty much what this thread is all about. Observations. Offense. Defense. Alliances. Grudges. Entertainment.

It's a very weird abstraction of our world, but it still has vestigial social rules associated with it. Rules that used to make sense when we had to beat each other up in order to mate with the most attractive female.
:)

It's all a matter of perspective.

;)

• Members

It's ye olde worlde Saxon invaders who deserve the blame on the swear word score.
:)

I stand corrected, and heartily thank the Saxon invaders.

Somehow, when provoked, politely calling someone "poo-poo head" or "penis-weed" just doesn't have quite the impact I would hope to achieve.

• Members

Did I justify myself? lol That must've been a side effect of my attempting to bully you into a Budda like state of submission.
:facepalm:
I honestly don't care what you think of me, but continue casting insults in my direction and I'll fire them right back at you matey.
:thu:

You cast doubt on my position concerning AGF and I replied. It's very simple really.
:lol:

Hud, don't cast your doubt on Gary's position. At least get a room.

Archived