Gun or Guitar? Desisions,decisons!

KATMAN

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ye thats sad poppy,

Poppy..Personally ive a small square in ma front garden and if i caught a junky burglar in ma hoose
then id have tied his arms around his back and have tied his legs aroond the back oh his neck

and leave him like such in ma front square sitting like a dork

(Like on Yon Laurel/Hardy movie remember where they both were tied up :)

Well like that and waiting for the police arriving
He'd have felt like {censored} :lol:

But seriously sad about the old guy..Also similar story happened here with a farmer and some Burglar burgled his house and he ran away and wouldnt stop the farmer shot him..was jailed for a time cant remember how long ..but didnt kill the burglar ..there was a big outcry about such..this was in England somewhere a think..and now i am guessing the mans out of prison i think ?

The outcry was why cant someone have the right to protect their property.

• Members

Tart,who knows what would have happened if my son-in-law was not armed? A few months back a local elderly man was killed by burglars lookng to feed their drug habit.

Exactly. An invader, must be treated as a threat to life. To do otherwise is to gamble the safety of yourself and your family.

• Members

Threatening anyone with a firearm is a VERY BAD IDEA, unless you ARE FULLY PREPARED to use it.

My personal take on it is that if I'm alarmed enough to have a gun out, the time for negotiation is over. Someone is gonna get shot.

BTW, if and when you do shoot someone, there are many repercussions from the act, well beyond any legal ones. You have to live with yourself afterwards... the keyword being you live tho.

• Members

Poppy:

I'm so glad that your family is safe. I believe that if someone breaks into a person's house they should be considered a threat and should be dealt with as a threat. Your son-in-law did well, and he used his weapon properly. He didn't lose his head and start shooting. He should very much be commended for his actions.

If the children were in any way a witness to what happened, you may want to watch them closely for awhile. This type of thing affects children deeply; they simply don't understand. Sometimes you won't see it right away, but later they may become withdrawn or begin acting-out, releasing their feelings any way they can. Extra love is called for, reassuring them that they are safe. But above all, listen to them. :thu::wave:

• Members
Threatening anyone with a firearm is a VERY BAD IDEA, unless you ARE FULLY PREPARED to use it.

BTW, if and when you do shoot someone, there are many repercussions from the act, well beyond any legal ones. You have to live with yourself afterwards... the keyword being you live tho.

Well said! :thu:

• Members

My personal take on it is that if I'm alarmed enough to have a gun out, the time for negotiation is over. Someone is gonna get shot.

I think my son-in -law handled the situation just right. I think a lot of people in that situation would shoot out of nervousness . He ended the threat without anyone getting hurt or subjecting my grandsons to more fear than need be. I'm proud of him.

• Members
Poppy:

I'm so glad that your family is safe. I believe that if someone breaks into a person's house they should be considered a threat and should be dealt with as a threat. Your son-in-law did well, and he used his weapon properly. He didn't lose his head and start shooting. He should very much be commended for his actions.

If the children were in any way a witness to what happened, you may want to watch them closely for awhile. This type of thing affects children deeply; they simply don't understand. Sometimes you won't see it right away, but later they may become withdrawn or begin acting-out, releasing their feelings any way they can. Extra love is called for, reassuring them that they are safe. But above all, listen to them.
:thu::wave:

Thanks. I've got a close watch on the kids.

• Members

I think my son-in-law handled the situation just right.
I think a lot of people in that situation would shoot out of nervousness .
He ended the threat without anyone getting hurt or subjecting my grandsons to more fear than need be. I'm proud of him.

It certainly is better for everyone concerned that things turned out the way they did. Your family was fortunate that the perpetrator opted to flee instead of wielding a weapon of his own. It sounds like your son-in-law kept a cool head in a high-pressure situation. That's vital.

Anyone who did shoot out of nervousness in such as situation as you described could not be faulted tho. The consequences of hesitation or indecision in a potential kill-or-be-killed situation like that can be very high.

• Members
Do I have to go thru the whole thread to find out what he chose, gun or guitar? Is this one of those threads that got outta hand from someone offended by guns, or someone offended by guitars..

Do you really care? :idk:

Threads get outta hand around here all the time.

• Members

Do you really care?
:idk:

Threads get outta hand around here all the time

No poop, Porthos. And if you equate my being curious with caring, then yes, yes, yes!

But pretty civil thread you guys, and it involves guns. Impressive, yes indeedy.

What injures more kids annually, pools or guns?

Waitasec, this has to be a trick question...

• Members

There are, quite literally, thousands of these stories. None are publicized as they put an armed citizenry in a positive light. I am very thankful that everyone is OK, and that your son-in-law had the foresight to ensure that he possessed a last measure of defense.

I would imagine that there are very few people here familiar with any NRA publications. There are regular articles in their monthly magazines reporting on crimes foiled by armed citizens.

• Members
Do I have to go thru the whole thread to find out what he chose, gun or guitar? Is this one of those threads that got outta hand from someone offended by guns, or someone offended by guitars..

By God, Neal is right! :idea:

After all this discussion on and off the subject, I wanna know if KATMAN bought the gun or the guitar!

• Members

I'm with the brown rice/tofu dudes on this. Get the guitar, if it's one or the other.

If the .40 is SA/DA, it takes a lot of range time to get comfy with. The .40 is a bit large for household use (overpenetration), and a bit agressive (You chose this round because it was LETHAL, didn't you?) for social use. Unless you are in law enforcement or serious private security, I'd stick with .38 spl+P or 9mm.

Uncle Boxo is not a nut, but he has been in two situations where having a handgun and being willing to use it has saved his life, and those of loved ones. Those of you that do not want or need a gun, God bless you, and I pray that you never do. My life, my place is differant than yours. Please do not limit my options for survival on the basis of YOUR needs.

Police response here is 45 to 90 minutes, if at all. Ermmm... heres where we hide the silver... should I make some coffee while you rape my wife and daughter? Good! Kona blend it is. So... What do you guys do when you're not like... home invading? A nechanic! I've got this old Nova... Hey, watch it... y'know the wife's a little sensitive about (transmission ended. Incomplete)

• Members

I am beginning to think some of you USA guys are living on fantasy island

What with watching to much Cowboy films and that :lol:

C'mon lads get with it what do you want a gun for to play Cowboy and

Indians with ? we done such when kids here but with keps :lol:

you guys are talking real bullets...this is a no-brainer its a Guitar anytime

Guitars are for trying or for playing music..music is to enjoy..guns are not for enjoying unless you are some sycho..get real ;) sycho as in the guy in

fretfiends avatar..i can tell that person is a sycho.. he loves violence.

• Members
I am beginning to think some of you USA guys are living on fantasy island

What with watching to much Cowboy films and that
:lol:

C'mon lads get with it what do you want a gun for to play Cowboy and

Indians with ? we done such when kids here but with keps
:lol:

you guys are talking real bullets...this is a no-brainer its a Guitar anytime

Guitars are for trying or for playing music..music is to enjoy..guns are not for enjoying unless you are some sycho..get real
;)
sycho as in the guy in

fretfiends avatar..i can tell that person is a sycho.. he loves violence.

Sigh. T, I know you're just :poke: poking the tiger, but ... You don't have to kill things to enjoy guns. Real guns and real bullets are enjoyable, and very useful, as discussed elsewhere in this thread. And I'm not living a fantasy, either.

I'm not a psycho, or a sicko. Just a little different, maybe ... :wave:

Think insomnia is kicked, and I'm going back to bed. Cheers.

Archived