Gun or Guitar? Desisions,decisons!

KATMAN

• Members

I'm torn bewteen buying another used gun or a guitar,around $350. I want a semi auto .40 caliber,but I also want a new non electric drednaght too. I don't have a semi auto,but then again I don't have a non electric dred either.

Oh,the pain! Decsions,decsions,decisions!

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, I can not foresee a time when the Government would prevent you from buying a guitar. I would get the handgun while the getting is good. I have a Glock 23 (.40S&W) and it is a great pistol. Get a conversion barrel and you can go 9mm or .357sig.

• Members

I say get the guitar. You can't take a gun on stage and wow a crowd (in a positive fashion). Besides, if you have an intruder you can always whack him in the head with your guitar :idea:

I'm no hippie, I just have more fun playing guitar than shooting guns. I'm gonna take a "shot" in the dark and say you prolly own other guns that you can use for protection, so it's not like you'll be caught naked should you need to use one :idk:

• Members

Get the gun, prices are fairly favorable, and they will surely rebound over the next few years, as the economy recovers. I'd look for a Glock or S&W M&P. Also, if we get some further hints of gun control legislation, prices will skyrocket.

• Members

Well, I can not foresee a time when the Government would prevent you from buying a guitar. I would get the handgun while the getting is good. I have a Glock 23 (.40S&W) and it is a great pistol. Get a conversion barrel and you can go 9mm or .357sig.

Really? I'm as liberal as they come, and I see no danger of any government ban on handguns, shotguns, or rifles. If we were talking about a machine gun or an assault rifle, perhaps. But this country is nowhere even close to banning guns used for personal defense, hunting, or target practice.

Are there some liberals who would like to ban guns? Sure, but they're not the majority, I think, even in the liberal camp. There are conservatives who form militias and talk about succeeding from the US. Should we worry about that next time a republican gets elected?

So, everybody relax, we're not coming for your guns! :wave:

• Members

If it were me, I'd get the gun. The guitar can wait. In fact, I'm looking for a .40 myself, as soon as I turn a couple of my other guns which are at a local store on consignment. I'll probably go with another CZ though. I LOVE those things!

• Members

Why would anyone want a gun?

Not judging, just amazed at how matter of fact it all sounds.

Man, them things can hurt.

Now Ive written this some meth addict will probably break in.

So we can destroy the government, if necessary.

• Members

Really? I'm as liberal as they come, and I see no danger of any government ban on handguns, shotguns, or rifles. If we were talking about a machine gun or an assault rifle, perhaps. But this country is nowhere even close to banning guns used for personal defense, hunting, or target practice.

Are there some liberals who would like to ban guns? Sure, but they're not the majority, I think, even in the liberal camp. There are conservatives who form militias and talk about succeeding from the US. Should we worry about
that
next time a republican gets elected?

So, everybody relax, we're not coming for your guns!
:wave:

LOL... really? Try that in Chicago. See how long it takes you (if you can even get one). They've ALREADY seceded from the U.S. :poke:

Buy the gun, then use it to steal the guitar of your dreams! :thu:

• Members

Why would anyone want a gun?

Not judging, just amazed at how matter of fact it all sounds.

Man, them things can hurt.

Now Ive written this some meth addict will probably break in.

My favorite gun quote:

Texas Ranger Charlie Miller was minding his own business when a concerned citizen came up to him, noted the hammer back on the big 1911 dangling from the Ranger's belt, and asked, "Isn't that dangerous?" Charlie replied, "I wouldn't carry the son-of-a-bitch if it wasn't dangerous."

• Members

Do guns scare you that much?

{censored} yeah, was in this place where they went hunting a fair bit, this chap walks in with a 12 bore that wasnt broken, I dived out that door, all that devastation with one small movement.

Mind you I could do the same driving one day.

I guess it says more about my lack of control, I dont even feel safe holding a hammer for long periods.

• Members

LOL... really? Try that in Chicago. See how long it takes you (if you can even get one).

Yes, probably true--living in the NYC metro area I too find that gun laws are too strict. On the other hand, making guns easily available in inner cities doesn't seem like a good idea, so I suppose too strict is better than too lax. Chicago is the murder capital of the US these days. And, by the way, I'm not sure why a little inconvenience (to keep guns out of the wrong hands) is treated by some folks as if guns are denied. You have to go through some red tape, sure, and that's annoying, but it's less annoying than having some crazy go postal with a gun he/she probably wouldn't have had if an adequate background check had been done.

They've ALREADY
seceded
from the U.S. :poke:

I have no idea what this means. :confused: Why is Chicago not part of the US?

• Members

Yes, probably true--living in the NYC metro area I too find that gun laws are too strict. On the other hand,
making guns easily available in inner cities doesn't seem like a good idea
, so I suppose too strict is better than too lax. Chicago is the murder capital of the US these days. And, by the way, I'm not sure why a little inconvenience (
to keep guns out of the wrong hands
) is treated by some folks as if guns are denied. You have to go through some red tape, sure, and that's annoying, but it's less annoying than having some crazy go postal with
a gun he/she probably wouldn't have had if an adequate background check had been done

I have no idea what this means.
:confused:
Why is Chicago not part of the US?

You are insane. This is the only possible explanation for these comments. :thu:

Archived