Gun or Guitar? Desisions,decisons!

KATMAN

• Members
Sigh. T, I know you're just :poke: poking the tiger, but ... You don't have to kill things to enjoy guns. Real guns and real bullets are enjoyable, and very useful, as discussed elsewhere in this thread. And I'm not living a fantasy, either.

I'm not a psycho, or a sicko. Just a little different, maybe ...
:wave:

Think insomnia is kicked, and I'm going back to bed. Cheers.

:lol: you nearly fell for it :lol: But ye i do understand about the liking for practice shooting etc but whats the practice shooting for in the end ..killing poor defensive animals ?

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
:lol:
you nearly fell for it
:lol:
But ye i do understand about the liking for practice shooting etc but whats the practice shooting for in the end ..killing poor defensive animals ?

No, its to be able to shoot yourself in the ass

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2010/08/31/1595783/hiker-accidentally-shoots-himself.html

(there was another report in our paper lately about a local gang banger who stuck his glock in the waistband of his pants and shot himself in the nuts, but I couldn't find that one. And my wife, who works in our legal system had a young lady packing a loaded chambered 45 for her day in court a few days ago....)

• Members
No, its to be able to shoot yourself in the ass

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2010/08/31/1595783/hiker-accidentally-shoots-himself.html

(there was another report in our paper lately about a local gang banger who stuck his glock in the waistband of his pants and shot himself in the nuts, but I couldn't find that one. And my wife, who works in our legal system had a young lady packing a loaded chambered 45 for her day in court a few days ago....)

:lol:..Gd one..You also carry a gun ?

• Members

Didn't mean to stir up conflict. For the record,I have two handguns,a single action Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 magnum,and a double action Smith & Wesson .38 special,two shotguns,both pumps,one 12 gauge,and a 20 gauge and a .22LR rifle.I love to shoot guns,either hunting or plinking.

Had some tough thoughts about this,and not a good weekend,I'm going to have to delay both. Lost a phone,breathing machine messed up,dog went to the vet,it's down to strings and ammo. Hunting season coming up,need some .44 ammo! And guitars needs strings,and picks.

For inquring minds, this is what I chose to do. ^

• Members

I think defenseless creatures are the way to go, if you're going to eat them. But it's much easier to get your protein from a nail-gun to the head of a cow, shrink wrapped in Styrofoam, than from tracking a mountain goat up a, well.. mountain.

But then, there is the fun factor.....

• Members
I think defenseless creatures are the way to go, if you're going to eat them. But it's much easier to get your protein from a nail-gun to the head of a cow, shrink wrapped in Styrofoam, than from tracking a mountain goat up a, well.. mountain.

But then, there is the fun factor.....

Give the prey animal a sporting chance. Hunt grizzly bear with a slingshot. :thu:

• Members
Give the prey animal a sporting chance. Hunt grizzly bear with a slingshot.
:thu:

Or, better yet, with a knife. Now that's sport. Go out and kill a mountain goat or grizzly bear with a knife and then, while they're putting you back together at the hospital, you'll really have something to talk about. But bringing a defenseless animal down with a high-powered rifle; that's not sport, that's just killing. Only my opinion. ;)

• Members
Or cows. Every Mc-eating SOB should have to kill, gut and clean a cow at least once in their Mc-lives.

We mainly gutted steers back on the farm when I was young. Cleaned, cut and hung the meat. Gutted many of them, but I still enjoy a Big Mac every so often. :thu:

• Members
Or, better yet, with a knife. Now that's sport. Go out and kill a mountain goat or grizzly bear with a knife and then, while they're putting you back together at the hospital, you'll really have something to talk about. But bringing a defenseless animal down with a high-powered rifle; that's not sport, that's just killing. Only my opinion.
;)

Guess you haven`t done much hunting..except maybe sheep "down on the farm" lol..

• Members
Really? I'm as liberal as they come, and I see no danger of any government ban on handguns, shotguns, or rifles. If we were talking about a machine gun or an assault rifle, perhaps. But this country is nowhere even close to banning guns used for personal defense, hunting, or target practice.

Are there some liberals who would like to ban guns? Sure, but they're not the majority, I think, even in the liberal camp. There are conservatives who form militias and talk about succeeding from the US. Should we worry about
that
next time a republican gets elected?

So, everybody relax, we're not coming for your guns!
:wave:

My problem isn't with the presence of guns, it's with the presence of people that act like the possession of assault rifles is as unalienable a right as the freedom of speech. US Conservative gun culture is quite frightening to us foreigners.

It's the kind of attitude, that reveres and worships the Gun as a bringer of freedom, or that regards threads like this as perfectly sociable, that leads to people being overconfident, and people who perhaps shouldn't own guns owning them. Of course you can say the same thing about cars to an extent, and that's why we have penalty points etc.

I would never ban all guns, but sometimes I feel like we should ban reactionary idiots.

• Members

I've been sitting here reading all of these comments and I've given all of them some thought. Here's my thought.

I made the decision, years ago, to quit thinking about how things OUGHT to be, but, instead, to look at how things REALLY ARE.

I'm well aware of the high level of crime in my country. I hear about home invasions and people getting killed on an almost daily basis. That's the situation that exists and I don't see how I can change it. So, I accept it.

I own four guitars and two loaded handguns. If someone tries to break into my home, that person is not going to have to worry about the possibility of me playing my guitar at him. With any luck at all, he'll never have to worry about ANYTHING......ever again!!

• Members

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!

Funny but true. I live on the edge of a public housing project, not in a major city, but lots of crime none the less. I have a 12 gauge right by my bed, a handgun in the living room and a big mean-ass German Shepard that watches things when I`m gone. Makes me sleep better at night.

• Members
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!

They only care about getting their big fat pensions when the time comes

Some should not get anything.. this i mean the bent cops..but some are sent to pastures new to carry on where they left off once found out to have lied on oath etc..these are the ones im against..and if an appeal against such a bad cop happens then its the case in which another force ..looks into it

this in the UK is all wrong and these matters should be looked into by an individual source
not by the police looking into any wrongdoings by the police as it always shall end up sweeped under the carpet..

Instance a Scottish cop sent to London etc after being a "PIG" in my opinion that type should have been thrown out instead of collecting a big fat pension
with not an ounce of humanity in his body..

As for the straight cops .. we need them but as u say above
when sec's count, the cops are only mins away .. rings true. :thu:

Archived