OT What name are you called in day to day life?

kujozilla

• Members

Either "Will" (in most situations) or "Wild Will" by a select group of friends and family members. :wave:

A couple of Hispanic acquaintances call me "Colorado". :idk: I kinda like that but when anyone else calls me that (after hearing my one buddy) it sounds forced.

• Members

The kids call me "Dad", the grandkids all call me "Opa", my friends all call me "John" and my wife calls me "Mr. Waters" when we're out somewhere and she's ready to leave! Oh, wait a minute; I still have a couple of old high school buddies that call me "Jazzbo" or "Pancho" on occasion. I don't even remember how that got started. There was also a bar where I played music for a couple of years where I was known as "Fat Wally".....even had a hat with that name on it. I've been called a few other things too, but I think that just about covers it.

• Members

Both my parents used their middle names and for that reason so do I. People who don't know me call me James or, if they're trying to be friendly, Jim. Folks who actually know me call me Dave since my middle name is David. My wife either calls me Dave or Dear. My daughter either calls me Dad or something unprintable depending on her mood. (Ahh, the joys of raising a teenager.) My senior year in college, a friend gave me the nickname Mallet Head and it stuck for the entire academic year.

• Members

Both my parents used their middle names and for that reason so do I. People who don't know me call me James or, if they're trying to be friendly, Jim. Folks who actually know me call me Dave since my middle name is David. My wife either calls me Dave or Dear. My daughter either calls me Dad or something unprintable depending on her mood. (Ahh, the joys of raising a teenager.) My senior year in college, a friend gave me the nickname Mallet Head and it stuck for the entire academic year.

I hope you were a vibraphone major.

Archived