From "Mrs. Masterbuilt": News About Masterbuilt (posting in the right forum..)

masterbuilt

• Members

I never thought I'd refer to myself as "Mrs. Masterbuilt." ;)

And I also forgot that my husband told me to post in the Acoustic Guitar forum. (I mistakenly put this post in the Open Jam forum. Yah. Sorry 'bout that..)

I promised Mickey (aka "masterbuilt") that I'd let you all know that he didn't fall off the edge of the world but indeed is absent from his computer because he's in the hospital.

It's been a long week, but to summarize: Mickey was admitted on Friday, Dec. 3 for rectal bleeding. He had a colonoscopy on Monday. A tumor was found. Tests ensued

• Members

Mickey has always been a dear online friend to me, very supportive of both my music and of me personally when I went through a terrible time in my life.

My thoughts and prayers and all the good mojo I can muster are with Mickey, you, and your family.

• Members

I arrived home from the hospital.

Here is the Reader's Digest Condenced Version...

Rectal Bleeding, scared to death, visit to hospital ER, Prep for colonoscopy, discovered problem, biopsy, bone-scan, cat-scan, lymphatic biopsy, chest Xrays.

The noma has turned out to be a polyp in the midst of a conversion to a "cancer". Luckily, all the tests came back clear. Bones are good, blood is good. Brain is good.

The tumor was halfway between a polyp and colon cancer. Since it was still in the conversion process, it has not migrated or grown larger in size. My follow-up visits will be scheduled in order to keep close tabs on my health.

Thanks to all for your prayers, well-wishes, and mojo.

Mrs Masterbuilt (aka Pippin on the uke forums) appreciates all your encouragement and love. It really helped her through this whole situation.

Mickey

Archived