Is my Larrivee opening?

Misha

• Members

My Larrivee sounds better than ever! Maybe it is because it opened since it is a couple of years old, now, (or maybe it is because of spring/weather change? Probably a bit of both...)

It's a nice feeling!! It makes me want to play more! :)

And, it's not because of new strings. They're not finished but not new either. :p

• Members

My Larrivee sounds better than ever! Maybe it is because it opened since it is a couple of years old, now, (or maybe it is because of spring/weather change? Probably a bit of both...)

It's a nice feeling!! It makes me want to play more!
:)

And, it's not because of new strings. They're not finished but not new either.
:p

I'm sure it is....mine sounds better every time I pick it up.....love that guitar

• Members

It's spring fever. Have you been leaving it out of its case more? I've found that that helps a guitar's tone and that putting it in its case for extended periods causes it to sound duller.

It could all be in my head too though. :freak:

• Members

just restrung mine a couple of days ago. Got it maybe 5 years ago.... just love it to death. I keep trying to buy a Martin, but as in case of Larrivie, it just sounded better.

Hot season coming on fyi. it is 10 a.m. and 88 degrees with 63% humidity. This climate turns guitars to wet cardboard.

• Members

It's spring fever. Have you been leaving it out of its case more? I've found that that helps a guitar's tone and that putting it in its case for extended periods causes it to sound duller.

It could all be in my head too though.

Spring fever is there for sure, and spring too!! :)

I'm always leaving my Larrivee in my Tric Case, mostly because of my cats. They like to play it too when they can... :freak:

• Members

My guess is changing weather. I'm not using a humidifier right now as the local (St. Louis) humidity is well within the comfort range for both guitars. Still using lotion for dry skin though.

It feels more responsive and sounds very good. It's true that the snow is melting - enfin - and that the temperature is now above 0

• Members

i bet it has -for me it seems 2 years is the magic , and 3 years for Adi tops !

The more you play them the faster they open up .

I rarely keep my guitars for long. With the Larrivee, it's different. I like it too much! It should be a good thing when it ages!

• Members

Hi Misha,

Sometimes my guitars sound better than other times. Usually, it is when the humidity in our flat is around 45-50%. When it gets to 55-60ish, they start to sound dull.

Yes! My guitars always sound better dry. At times it can be a pretty significant difference.

Also, it wouldn't surprise me at all if this is in part a matter of the guitar actually opening up. Most of my guitars seem to do this a little faster, but I think Larris tend to be built somewhat tougher than the average git, and may therefore take a little more time to open up. A couple years makes sense, based on my experience with my bygone D-60.

• Members

That happens to me too. Right about this time of year I love getting my acoustic out because something just sounds better.

It's still a bit cold to play outside, but I can't wait! Right now, it's ~ 7 - 8

• Members

just restrung mine a couple of days ago. Got it maybe 5 years ago.... just love it to death. I keep trying to buy a Martin, but as in case of Larrivie, it just sounded better.

Hot season coming on fyi. it is 10 a.m. and 88 degrees with 63% humidity. This climate turns guitars to wet cardboard.

Wow! Really hot already! I hope 88

• Members

Yes! My guitars always sound better dry. At times it can be a pretty significant difference.

Also, it wouldn't surprise me at all if this is in part a matter of the guitar actually opening up. Most of my guitars seem to do this a little faster, but I think Larris tend to be built somewhat tougher than the average git, and may therefore take a little more time to open up. A couple years makes sense, based on my experience with my bygone D-60.

Let save the Larri for the science... I mean, my own science (cause I don't want to part with it!)

Archived