Missing Forumites

kujozilla

• Members
No, it hasn't, and that's why I get confused about the (infrequent) posts lamenting the disappearance of the older cats.

Wait. Maybe it's because they like the
:freak:
show. That's probably it. Bastards.

I was beginning to get worried there for a minute. My memory is sometimes kind of shakey, but I seem to remember some heavy firefights that the mods had to finally just lock down. Maybe they have been more recent than I was imagining.... :idk:

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OK, you win the "best name" contest. That sounds like a name from a novel or a movie. Are you a tribe member?

Earlier in the year, I though it would be neat to join this forum and sit around talking guitars with you guys. I love my guitars, they're a way of expression for me. I didn't come here, however, for people to make fun of my name, my heritage, or for them to question who I am. My standing with the Kiowa tribe and council, put bluntly, is none of your concern. I'm sorry, Michael, but that's the way I feel. I've noticed, as of late, discussion of guitars is lacking. But rather we choose to tear each other apart with personal barbs and accusations. I bought into it too, and I apologize. That's not the type of person I usually am, nor do I want to be. A group divided against itself cannot survive. And this forum is no exception. Maybe it's me who is in the wrong place. I still want to talk about guitars. Peace to all.

• Members

Forumites I miss:

Old Guitar Player

Stackabones

Totamus

Guitarist21

rjoxyz

eor

OhioArrow

Daklander

Babablowfish

Jasmine Tea

and more I can't think of right now...

and what the hell happened to Big Al D. Him I am worried about...he totally went MIA on the VOM this month.

• Members
No, it hasn't, and that's why I get confused about the (infrequent) posts lamenting the disappearance of the older cats.

Wait. Maybe it's because they like the
:freak:
show. That's probably it. Bastards.

Well, I've only been around since '07. Does that make me old or a bastard? Ya know, I was once thought a bastard except that when I grew up, my parentage became more than obvious.

Enjoy the freak show? Once in awhile, especially when there's a testosterone storm going on. Quite an entertaining bunch we have here. :D Keeps things from getting too boring or....

worse......

much worse.........

all prissy-{censored} like another git forum or two that I could mention. :eek:

We are, after all, a community (albeit an online/Internet/Web one) full of diversity and life. We have our differences, usually manage to resolve them on our own, and for the most part, we stick together when the chips are down.

Now can't we all play nicely? If there's an ongoing feud that simply can't be resolved, how about taking it to the more private realm of PM or a "anything goes" forum like PP?

There, you can duke it out to your heart's content, no holds barred, no Queensbury Rules. May the best kid be left standing when the sandbox is empty.

• Members

Forumites I miss:

Old Guitar Player

Stackabones

Totamus

Guitarist21

rjoxyz

eor

OhioArrow

Daklander

Babablowfish

Jasmine Tea

and more I can't think of right now...

and what the hell happened to Big Al D. Him I am worried about...he totally went MIA on the VOM this month.

Yep. I miss each one of them as well. And I too am wondering about Big Al...my spidey sense says he is just taking a break from the madness.

• Members

Earlier in the year, I though it would be neat to join this forum and sit around talking guitars with you guys. I love my guitars, they're a way of expression for me. I didn't come here, however, for people to make fun of my name, my heritage, or for them to question who I am. My standing with the Kiowa tribe and council, put bluntly, is none of your concern. I'm sorry, Michael, but that's the way I feel. I've noticed, as of late, discussion of guitars is lacking. But rather we choose to tear each other apart with personal barbs and accusations. I bought into it too, and I apologize. That's not the type of person I usually am, nor do I want to be. A group divided against itself cannot survive. And this forum is no exception. Maybe it's me who is in the wrong place. I still want to talk about guitars. Peace to all.

Whoops. Jack, you misread me here, completely. Which may be my fault. I never doubted that was your actual name, and honestly do believe it is the coolest name here. I'm sorry for the confusion.

And I actually am curious about the tribe thing. We have some people around the university here who are Lakota, and some others who have lineage that ties them to tribes but are not official members.

• Members

Kiowa, in Neal's defense, there are similarities in your posting styles. Just sayin'.

Nobody's mentioned missing Mikey and it sure won't be me. Anyways, even tho' we butted heads a coupla times, I enjoyed seeing Gary Palmer post.

• Members

Kiowa, in Neal's defense, there are similarities in your posting styles. Just sayin'.

Nobody's mentioned missing Mikey and it sure won't be me. Anyways, even tho' we butted heads a coupla times, I enjoyed seeing Gary Palmer post.

Gary was/is a knowledgeable luthier and I miss him. I also miss Bjorn Fiord (Dylan). Both contributed much to this forum.

• Members

Yep. I miss each one of them as well. And I too am wondering about Big Al...my spidey sense says he is just taking a break from the madness.

BigAl going AWOL on the VOM scares me. VOM is above and apart from the usual madness around here, so his absence scares me. I hope he's okay. Anybody hear from him at all aside from the public forum?

• Members

I have been through some smokers myself, often from the sideline, sometimes stuck, even trapped, dead square in the middle. But mostly lurking, reading and munching on popcorn. I have to say that everyone needs to go back and read a couple of these recent threads through from beginning to end. In truth, they're really pretty tame (jmho!) and don't compare to some of the blood baths we've seen over the years. Usually they go away, sometimes they don't. Nevertheless, it is....what it is.

The humorous part is when a guy posts, "F*** You A$$hole" then gets mad when somebody responds to it.

• Members

Got one more observation: Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. Please!

We make a lot of comments about the place being very slow. Very little posting. No new stuff and no excitement. In the past couple of days. the HCAG has not been slow. There seems to have been a decent upswing in post count. A lot of new opinions and the place has certainly not been boring. What do the rest of you A$$holes think?...... Just joking Neal! :D

• Members

We make a lot of comments about the place being very slow. Very little posting. No new stuff and no excitement. In the past couple of days. the HCAG has not been slow. There seems to have been a decent upswing in post count. A lot of new opinions and the place has certainly not been boring.
What do the rest of you A$$holes think?......
Just joking Neal!
:D

I think we're just having one of our cycles. Old ones come, old ones go. Noobs come and they go. Some hang around to eventually become old ones. Some of us are so old we're moldy-oldies.

And let's face it - having an a-hole or two in our midst keeps things lively, if not always civilized. ;)

• Members
Not that anyone hasn't noticed but the problem seems to be the old members themselves. They show up and the place goes straight to Dodge City. They have this penchant for frontier justice and every time they come into town nothing good comes of it. So, may I suggest you old bastids all vamoose, takes your differences back to the bad lands and leave these townsfolk be. Probably best.

128838046925303527.jpg

• Members
That's a good question, Terry. I wish I had a good answer for you. Back in the day, different tribes inter-married. Morningstar was originally an Arapaho name. If he is of the Kiowa Nation, it's a good chance that I am. My mother's sister takes care of our genealogy. I'll give her a call and get back to you. Does Morgan live on the reservation in Oklahoma or is he a breakaway like me? Second question: is he registered? If so, I can also check with the Tribe Council.
:thu:

First question...he lived in Oklahoma as a young man, which is how we met, at a inter-tribal pow-wow (I'n Cherokee, of the Winter Wolf family, on my grandfather's side), but he moved down here to Texas about 1985, where we caught up w/ one another again and started gigging together. About 1995 or so, he went up to Nebraska to take care of some familial obligations and kinda disappeared.

Second question...Not sure. Does the BIA recognize only certain Kiowa Clans, like they do the 5 Civilized Nations (Cherokee, Seminole, Muskogee/Creek, Choctaw and Chickasaw)? Some of my family have cards, some do not.

• Members

We make a lot of comments about the place being very slow. Very little posting. No new stuff and no excitement. In the past couple of days. the HCAG has not been slow. There seems to have been a decent upswing in post count. A lot of new opinions and the place has certainly not been boring.
Just joking Neal!

I've noticed the same thing a$$hole, I mean RT1. :) People stop to see the wreck and hang around to talk to the locals.

• Members

Just joking Neal!

Yeah funny how a few negative threads can get things livened up again.

• Members

He does look like he means business, indeed!
:eekphil:

Indeed. Looks like a Himalayan. They can be rather temperamental. This I know because I get to groom the never-ending hair mats off my M-I-L's two Himalayan kitties. Fierce little boogers, those two - I've got some nice scars to prove it!

• Members

Whoops. Jack, you misread me here, completely. Which may be my fault. I never doubted that was your actual name, and honestly do believe it is the coolest name here. I'm sorry for the confusion.

And I actually am curious about the tribe thing. We have some people around the university here who are Lakota, and some others who have lineage that ties them to tribes but are not official members.

No problem, and yes I am registered with the tribe. If they want to register, the first things they will have to do is define their lineage through genealogy or the Bureau of Indian Affairs, and then talk to the councils of their respective tribes about registration. Tell them good luck, it's tough work, but do-able. Thanks, Michael.

• Members

Second question...Not sure. Does the BIA recognize only certain Kiowa Clans, like they do the 5 Civilized Nations (Cherokee, Seminole, Muskogee/Creek, Choctaw and Chickasaw)? Some of my family have cards, some do not.

You're just full of good questions, aren't you. I'm not really sure how the BIA classifies the various sub-tribes and clans. I really think your best bet would be to contact the BIA directly. You can reach them at (202) 208-5116, or the secretary at (202) 208-7163. On their website, they also have a document library that you can browse. They may very well be of some help to you in finding Morgan. I wish I could do more to help you, partner, but rather than me taking a poke at it, I think you ought to get the right information from the horse's mouth. Good luck to you.

Archived