Missing Forumites

kujozilla

• Members
I haven't been posting here for a while, but I do read the forum from time to time. It became too unpleasant around here, too many toxic characters, so I took a break. That said, I still wouldn't mind seeing Fretfiend disappear. But I suppose we all will always have our own pet peeves...
:wave:

Hows things? :wave:

Things seem to be much better around here lately, although there aren't many wimmenz around any more. :cry:

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I haven't been posting here for a while, but I do read the forum from time to time. It became too unpleasant around here, too many toxic characters, so I took a break. That said, I still wouldn't mind seeing Fretfiend disappear. But I suppose we all will always have our own pet peeves...

Speaking of toxic.............

• Members

I am back this week after over a year hiatus. I took off when they updated the site and screwed it all up. Been haning around on a backyard chicken site until this week when they upgraded it and (you guessed it) screwed it all up. Talking about speed here, not personal preferences. So I come back and find most of you here, and the forum seems to be moving faster again. Although after reading this short thread it does seem to be a quite a bit more potty mouth.

• Members

Not sure what happened to Stack..Probably the same thing that happened to guys like Little Brother.. he got tired of this forum being about everything BUT acoustic guitars and the music made on them.. It seems to have turned into a beginners forum with the same questions asked over and over again.. What strings/tuners/bridge pins/guitar/strap/etc should I buy? How do I make a G chord?

• Members

Good to see you back on the forum, Tom. I recorded that doc about George Harrison that you worked on - the BBC ran it over Christmas. I haven't had chance to watch it yet - saving it for a rainy day.

• Members

Maybe they met members of the opposite sex...or of the same sex, not that there's anything wrong with that.

But I suspect sex has something to do with it.

I'm positive it did. The boys club and their puerile, immature, and demeaning references to girls in many posts.

But hey, a forum is pretend land. Sometimes the guys pretend they're '70s-'80s rockers and girls are just groupies. Those damn chicks should just get over it and come back and serve those guys!

• Members

I'm positive it did. The boys club and their puerile, immature, and demeaning references to girls in many posts.

But hey, a forum is pretend land. Sometimes the guys pretend they're '70s-'80s rockers and girls are just groupies. Those damn chicks should just get over it and come back and serve those guys!

Ah. Been awhile since we've had some friendly chauvinism on display here. Good call, Neal.

• Members
{censored} you, asshole.

Toxic, toxic, toxic, and from a gentleman who only shows up to throw some condescending remark at someone, or to brag about his job, or to showoff his high-end guitars. You're a pretty negative fellow. And yes, an asshole. Been a pleasure to meet you, Sangemon, you keep talking, I'll be right back. ;)

• Members

Well, Tom, you do insist on being the champion for the underdog. Champions are the first lines of defense and therefore the first to go down. Vultures know that. Champions are always their first course with an occasional general for a late snack.

• Members

Well, Tom, you do insist on being the champion for the underdog. Champions are the first lines of defense and therefore the first to go down. Vultures know that. Champions are always their first course with an occasional general for a late snack.

It's kind of pathetic, really...and I have no idea what I ever did to this dickhead...oh wait...I do...I said something nasty to one of his dickhead friends once...

• Members

It's kind of pathetic, really...and I have no idea what I ever did to this dickhead...oh wait...I do...I said something nasty to one of his dickhead friends once...

Tom, he's reminiscent of Gull12 if you ask me.... good ol' Mikey. He always sucked up to Fretfiend and a few other assholes.

Kiowa, you Mikey's alt? Hmmm......

• Members

Where is Misha? Guess you guys scared her off too.

Well, no, Misha is here and she has not been scared by anybody here...

It's just that it has been a very busy year for me. I'm still in my old apartment but I would like to find a new place and maybe go out of Montreal. It is going to cost more $$$ so I sold most of my guitars - all the electric guits are gone... When I visit the forum it kind of hurts a bit even if I know that I really want to go out of here!

I still have my Larrivee OM-03 and my Cort Earth Custom. I miss a Strat, though...

edit: I'll probably need to get a car, also, paying a rent is money I will never recover... Right now, I don't know what I'll do, exactly. I'm looking at my options.

• Members
Well lessee, could it have been something like, "{censored} you," or maybe "asshole," or maybe "dickhead." ???

Can't win an argument or make a decent point, so you resort to vulgar insults. Speaks volumes about your intelligence.
:lol:

Fretfiend, we could keep this going forever. I saw this thread and stopped in to say hello. I'm not looking to win any arguments with you and making a point with you is kinda like....pointless. So why don't you, and I, and all of your sock puppets just agree to ignore each other. OK? I think everyone else here would probably appreciate it. I'll start...

• Members

FF does sort of point to the facts of this case. A fire fight ensues if both sides use...fire. One thing I won't do is call people names. In some circles that's the way of it and it's acceptable. It's like using their real names in a heated debate is the more demeaning approach. Respect for real names precludes their use because those disagreements are usually amongst friends who deep down still hold respect. In other circles name calling is a calling out, a duel and showing of a total lack of respect. Having been a gypsy all my life I've participated in them all. Hell, in some circles disrespect comes in the form of compliments. Don't compliment a Saudi on a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g he holds dear. Don't do that. Here, disrespect runs often and easily through the ranks. I prefer not to engage like the many here have. Not anymore. Engaging is easy, draws blood and accomplishes nothing. Sitting back and watching is both frustrating and entertaining but mostly the former. So, I make peaceful noises in hope that someone takes the bait. FF doesn't. He entertains himself by crafting answers. Others on both sides do the same but someone, in this case you and Michael Martin, get it off to a fine momentum and the gamers can't help themselves. Anyway, sorry to see your return on such circumstances.

Archived