Priorities! (Just venting)

Ricochet

• Members

On another acoustic guitar discussion forum, I was reprimanded for 'swearing' (used 'WTF' in the title of my message). In the rather unfriendly note I was sent regarding this, I was instructed '...not to swear in any manor in this forum.'

Apparently, poor spelling is ok, just not anything that is suggestive of swearing. facepalm.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
On another acoustic guitar discussion forum, I was reprimanded for 'swearing' (used 'WTF' in the title of my message). In the rather unfriendly note I was sent regarding this, I was instructed '...not to swear in any manor in this forum.'

Apparently, poor spelling is ok, just not anything that is suggestive of swearing. facepalm.gif
Let me guess. AGF. No. maybe not. They'd just ban you.

• Members

I got chewed out over at AGF for speaking disrespectfully about another forum member. He's one of the corksniffers who expounds endlessly about his 'high-end' guitars and equipment and how he only buys 'top-grade' stuff, and how he only drives a supercharged Jag, and how he only listens to his music on reference-grade speakers, and all that {censored}. I wish now that I had finished what I had to say about him. mad.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by kiowa1

View Post

I got chewed out over at AGF for speaking disrespectfully about another forum member. He's one of the corksniffers who expounds endlessly about his 'high-end' guitars and equipment and how he only buys 'top-grade' stuff, and how he only drives a supercharged Jag, and how he only listens to his music on reference-grade speakers, and all that {censored}. I wish now that I had finished what I had to say about him. mad.gif

Jack, I just figure it's their lie, they can tell it as big as they want. Buncha holy-rollin', cork-sniffin', fancy-pants mama's boys.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
Damn, I feel a hell of a lot better now!
"Edited for consumption on AGF, that would appear as;
D***, I feel a h*** of a lot better now!

And the number 1 rule is, "be nice". wave.gif It appears that guys who are looking to buy their first P/A,,,,, for not more than $300.,,, need to be placated. That's supposed to translate to 'being nice"? WTF. facepalm.gificon_lol.gif

• Members

Yup, rules about language and personal attacks notwithstanding AGF isn't about the free exchange of ideas. I've seen threads pulled, shifted over to subforums with less activity, posts edited or even deleted by mods, etc. Hell, it costs money to earn the ability to even post a "want to buy" thread in the marketplace.

When I'm over there I try to be polite but it's not a relaxed environment at all so I watch what I post. You really have to walk on eggshells.

Archived