What was your obsession before guitars?

GAS Man

• Members

Originally posted by GAS Man

I guess for me it was guns.

And not rich enough to hoard cars.

There ya go. Thats me. I started collecting guns between my dad and I we have a decent collection. I am really into WWII guns. I have a M1 Garand and am saving for a M1903A4 Springfield sniper. I want to get a Thompson and a BAR but its probably unlikey. Even if I get a Class III weapons permit (which wouldn't be too difficult for me to get) the average price of a M1927 Thompson is in the $8,000-14,000 range. BARs go for a lot more. $20,000 price range. So, when it comes to getting one of those there is a company making new replicas that are semi auto for a quarter the cost. So, I think that will be the road I go down.

And I always wanted to collect cars. I had a 500hp Chevy El Camino that got stolen, now I have a 450hp Buick Grand National and I always want more. lol. My girlfriend wants a convertable '69 GTO. I've always wanted to own a old Chevy Panel Truck, an old Ford Bronco, an old Camaro etc but I don't think I will unless I win the lotto.

Right now my focus is on collecting guitars.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by zbg8000

Ya know come to think of it my hobby was fishing. I used to fish a lot as a kid with my dad, then I didn't fish at all in highschool or college when I was starting to learn guitar, but now I fish all the time again

yep it was fishing for me before guitars....i probally spent $500 in the year of so i was really into fishing......

Now i don't give a crap about fishing.....

THen i started guitar....at 12

• Members
Originally posted by bcjames

:wave:
I live near you (Northampton).

........ then you'll understand why I didn't post a picture of Northampton in all it's glory when that "where are you from?" thread came out a few weeks ago! San Diego, Toronto, Melbourne, Abington Square?
:thu:

• Members

Restoring muscle cars. I am a Mopar guy, had a 72 340 Cuda, a 71 RT Changer in Plum Crazy Purple with a 440 4-barrel, and a 73 Chrylser Imperial. Talk about an expensive hobby! Sold them all through the years (last was the Changer about 5 years ago). Still kick myself for selling the Cuda, I loved that car!

I used to run a website called musclecar.net that got about 3 million viewers a year in the early days of the Web. Closed that down in 1998. I could be making a good living on advertising if I still had it up and running today! Just lost interest in the hobby after my daghter was born.

• Members

I usta have a problem with street racing, but a coupple close calls, and a court apperance later, figure that, problem solved, now I keep it all on the track.
and i absolutely cannot wait till spring when I get to campaing my eclipse, AND my shops RX-7 that we finaly got driving over the weekend, but it dose need a new brake master cylinder.

but new coilovers, rear sway bar end links, and shes gonna BEAST this season.

also, alcoholic, womanizer, and during the day?

good ole, all american varsity baseball/football jock.

• Members

For the longest time is was drawing. I'm a little out of practice now, but for the last couple of weeks I've been into amateur architecture design.

Here's a drawing I did after I got into guitars. Not one of my best, but somewhat relevant.

badbot.jpg

I've also been into video, animation, and motorcycles. Once upon a time I collected comic books too.

• Members
Originally posted by curseoftruth

Restoring muscle cars. I am a Mopar guy, had a 72 340 Cuda, a 71 RT Changer in Plum Crazy Purple with a 440 4-barrel, and a 73 Chrylser Imperial. Talk about an expensive hobby! Sold them all through the years (last was the Changer about 5 years ago). Still kick myself for selling the Cuda, I loved that car!

I used to run a website called musclecar.net that got about 3 million viewers a year in the early days of the Web. Closed that down in 1998. I could be making a good living on advertising if I still had it up and running today! Just lost interest in the hobby after my daghter was born.

I had a 72 Cuda when I was 21 and it was only 2 years old at the time.....I couldn't afford the gas, it got all the way up to 50 cents per gallon. I traded the car in on a Datsun Pickup....I think there was a thread about decisions you have regretted....Maybe I should have posted this reply there :( :(

• Members

Originally posted by GAS Man

Excluding women (or the opposite sex) (or same sex if that's your thing) as a given,

I guess for me it was guns.

Never got a license to kill and where I live the entire county is all fenced off. So much for that hobby. Guitars seemed more beneficial.

And not rich enough to hoard cars.

What was yours?

probably video games.

i used to sit and play them non-stop.....now i barely touch my PS2!

• Members
Originally posted by u6crash

For the longest time is was drawing. I'm a little out of practice now, but for the last couple of weeks I've been into amateur architecture design.

Here's a drawing I did after I got into guitars. Not one of my best, but somewhat relevant.

badbot.jpg

I've also been into video, animation, and motorcycles. Once upon a time I collected comic books too.

THATS REALLY GOOD!!!!

• Members

music in general was big for me. I had wanted to sing in a rock band ever since my mom put on the Scorpions in the car when I was little :evil: but then my voice changed, so I was like "oh I guess I'll play guitar instead."

I was also fairly big into swimming, but that was just a summer thing, and I had soccer in the fall.

Archived