Dinner Tonight...

aeon

• Members

Thai green curry in coconut milk with bamboo shoots, thai basil, onion, peas, tofu, and red chili oil, all mixed in a bowl with some rice, then some fishcakes with a spicy lemongrass batter and a dipping sauce of red cider vinegar, honey, cucumber, and ground peanut, and to drink, 750ml of Duvel Belgian ale.

Yes, life *is* good. :D

I hope your dinner is good to you,

Ian

• Members

I had frozen pizza. We pretty much finished off all the leftovers from the turkey I cooked up a last Sunday.

Coffee breakfast, Taco Johns for lunch, frozen pizza for dinner. Yup. I ate well today. I wonder if my blood is still flowing or if it has stopped up entirely and I just don't know it yet.:rolleyes:

• Members

Tonight's menu Chez Blackpig:

Salad of lettuce spring onion cucumber and tomatoes

Roast fillet of beef with red wine gravy turnips and both mashed and roast potatoes

Prunes soaked in brandy with cream

A bottle or two of something nice

The keyboard on my laptop is knackered and cant type commas or full stops Forgive the Joycean lack of punctuation:rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by blackpig

Tonight's menu Chez Blackpig:

Salad of lettuce spring onion cucumber and tomatoes

Roast fillet of beef with red wine gravy turnips and both mashed and roast potatoes

Prunes soaked in brandy with cream

A bottle or two of something nice

sounds lovely!! ;)

cheers,

Ian

• Members

Originally posted by kevinnem

I

am doing a 4 hours, smoked ham, on the bbq, sstill working on the sause to go with it, .. never was so good with sauses. But its really loking good. its snowed last week, so I am getting all the BBQ I can in before the white hits.

Kev.

quck up date, .. so far I have a basting sause, .. red wine honey, VERY small amout of mustard (I don't relaly like the stuff) some cranberry jusic and paprika

• Members

Ian, that sounds like one of my favorite meals!

So this is a bit atypical for me. But it sure is good. Last night, we had an Oktoberfest party in my backyard.

Sausages. They have specific German names, but I can't remember what they are. And beer. Franziskaner was my favorite. But I also had Kostritzer Oktoberfest, Paulaner Original Munich, Spaten Oktoberfest, Spaten, and then I don't really remember so well after that...

And someone made homemade pretzels. Very good. And sauerkraut. And streudel.

• Members

Originally posted by UstadKhanAli

Ian, that sounds like one of my favorite meals!

So this is a bit atypical for me. But it sure is good. Last night, we had an Oktoberfest party in my backyard.

Sausages. They have specific German names, but I can't remember what they are. And beer. Franziskaner was my favorite. But I also had Kostritzer Oktoberfest, Paulaner Original Munich, Spaten Oktoberfest, Spaten, and then I don't really remember so well after that...

And someone made homemade pretzels. Very good. And sauerkraut. And streudel.

Good stuff Maynard.

Really Ken, that's some good eating and drinking stuff. :thu:

• Members

I believe wifey is going to do up some burritos with left over pork roast from night before last.

Last night was brats on the barby with a nice green salad and cornbread.

For breakfast this morning, diced one of the remainers up & sauteedit with green onions and scrambled it all up in eggs, rolled in a flour tortilla with grated mozzerella. Coffee.

• Members

last night I had a leg of lamb that had been boned, opened out flat, studded with rosemary and impregnated with slivers of garlic.

Slow roasted for three hours and served with roasted potatoes and pumpkin - (yes we roast or mash pumpkin as a vegetable in aussieland - rarely use it in pies.) and minted peas and gravy made from pan drippings.

served with a Margaret River dry white wine. :)

cheers

john

• Members

Originally posted by daklander

Good stuff Maynard.

Really Ken, that's some good eating and drinking stuff.
:thu:

It was very good.

I forgot to mention that we also had these Kaiser Rolls that were freshly made. So the next day, we made sausage sandwiches with the gourmet German mustard and the sauerkraut. So good.

But today, at least for lunch, I'm back to eating burritos with tons of veggies!!! Yummmmmmmmm!!!

• Members

I'm boring. Sorry folks.

Tonight's probably going to be a whole wheat (organic no less) tortilla. I'll cover one half circle with red beans (cooked, rinsed), exactly one bean deep. Drop some shredded cheese, such as montery jack and cheddar, or maybe chihuaha cheese on top of the beans.

Nuke for 30 seconds. Fold in half. Nuke for another 30 seconds.

Eat.

Oh yeah- take it out of the microwave first. Then eat.

I might have some soup too, depending on what I can scare up.

blackpig:

I'll loan you a couple:

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

.......................................................................................

• Members

For those that have never had it I want to say the gravlax was the best thing I have ever tasted.

If you come across a nice fillet of salmon I recomend it,simple salt,sugar cure seasoned with dill.It is god's food,I can't describe the texture without getting xxx.

The curry sounds good ,may do an Indian chicken curry tomorow.

• Members

The day after the curry I had a rare and juicy ribeye, haricot vert, and au gratin potatoes (made with some unknown but subtly delicious cheese) for dinner, alongside a mix of Belgian ales (including a Westvleteren), Belgian geuze, Irish single-malt whisky and some Laphroaig. ;)

The next night's dinner was a mix of tabouleh, baba ganoush, dill and garlic hummouses, flatbread, lentil soup, some aloo gobi mutter, and a slice of a lovely uttapam.

Yep, life *is* good. :D

may your dinner be an epicurean delight,

Ian

• Members

You guys eat pretty well. We tend to scramble for whatever is quick and easy.

There are some areas of my lifestyle that need work and eating right is one of them, but I don't seem to be willing to make a lifestyle change.

Maybe after my first bypass surgery. (not trying to be funny)

• Members

Originally posted by kevinnem

quck up date, .. so far I have a basting sause, .. red wine honey, VERY small amout of mustard (I don't relaly like the stuff) some cranberry jusic and paprika

I have a Canadian cookbook,....

I allways thought it was a misprint because of the wierd language,..now I know it's just Canadian ;)

• Members

Some good meals there folks. I especially liked the sound of John and Aeon's recipes. Yummy.

Here was mine.

Garlic Mexican chicken over polenta.

-Simmered chicken in cilantro and garlic and water.

-Shredded said chicken.

-Then poored the garlic and water from pan into a blender with Tomato sauce and chilis from my garden. Roasted another bulb of garlic and threw that in.

-Added Cumin

-Blended until smooth.

-Put in a sauce pan with shredded chicken and cooked through.

In the meantime, I made polenta ( fried corn meal). Pour the mixture over the polenta and yummy.

• Moderators

Last night...

Salmon Steaks with Red Wine Butter

Mashed Potatoes with Goat Cheese

Baby Greens with Cranberries and Peppitas and a Blue Cheese Vinegarette.

I read this thread at work yesterday and got real hungry. Have any of you ever gone to the Epicurious site. They have a fantastic search gui for their recipes, which by the way, includes Gormet magazine's.

You can select certain ingredients before you search. Yesterday I took Salmon out of the freezer before work. I knew I had some nice wine in, so I punched them in and... PRESTO! Check it out...

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/find/advanced/

Archived