go ahead bitches, take your shots

jjpistols

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, "northern fairies" just isn't a phrase one hears banded about too often. Some folks just don't get self-deprecating or alter-ego humour
;)

Yorkshire, Lancashire, Merseyside, Tyneside?

Yorkshire! Eee Bah Gum etc...

Now in terms of 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun' I'm a bit warey of posting it as a piece of guitar playing (knowing some people would critique it!) - once again, it's a joke recording, this time with a backing track though. The solo is a meh, but it was a fairly quickly done recording...(Yes, I'm covering my ass!)

I do wonder why I'm doing this...http://rapidshare.com/files/19615021/Goat_Slammer_-_Girls_Just_Wanna_Have_Fun.mp3.html

• Members

Inspiration comes in various forms.
LOL...

Keep doing what you're doing...

I was joking on the Frankie Goes to Hollywood thing.

If you redo them, you'll never convince anyone you're not a faggot.

Just my Yankee take on things.

• Members
I think anyone who posts clips in a public forum is a brave soul -- I've seen some amazing players get ripped on, and some not very good overall players hit a spot of pure inspired genius and end up playing way past their skill level (also called MAGIC)
:D

I never slag anyone's playing, I try to be supportive and appreciative of it

anyway, I said I didn't like a pedal and apparently that opened the door to attack the clips I've posted here - by those who haven't, no less

of course, they aren't posting in this thread, are they?

hopefully I can check out all of the clips that are being posted - I've heard some of you, but not all - I'm sure there is something for me to learn from in each clip, as well

Anyone slagging jj's playing is a {censored}ing tool IMHO. I posted video clips of my now-defunct blues band a few months ago, and jj's advice was spot {censored}ing on. The presentation needed work, and we worked on it, and people started to listen better because there was this cool interaction going on within the band while we were on stage.

We were just getting good when the chick singer left us for teh big money. Then the bass player freaked out and got himself thrown out of the band. Then he deleted all our clips from his myspace page, the little turdbag.

Anyway, jj's music ain't what I usually listen to, but it's got balls galore, and balls galore is enough. :mad:

• Members

Inspiration comes in various forms.

LOL...

Keep doing what you're doing...

I was joking on the Frankie Goes to Hollywood thing.

If you redo them, you'll never convince anyone you're not a faggot.

Just my Yankee take on things.

Boy, you do *one* cover of a Cindy Lauper song and you're deemed a faggot. I mean, come on! this is the 21st century! One who is safe in his sexuality should be able to do as many camp covers as he pleases!

RELAXXX! DON'T DO ITTTT, TAKE YOUR TIME AND GET THROUGHHH IT!

• Members

uh, when you wanna come?

Uh, Ok,,,,

you seem a little testy on the subject of me saying you sounded like a faggot.

Don't take things so personally.

And do an Ozzy or Motorhead cover or something with some hair on it's balls, will ya?

I can direct you towards many "Manly" tunes that may be better suited towards hiding your inner woman.

But I'm glad you're pleased.

How about a screaming Dr. Who theme-song cover? That might be cool.

• Members

uh, when you wanna come?

Damn straight! (or is that bent?!?)

Hey, I'm not testy at all - I was joking along with you - I found it hilarious!

Ozzy aint my bag I'm afraid, and I have all the manly tunes a boy like me could need, I am after all, a Kate Bush fan.

Dr. Who eh...it's possible I suppose. Maybe some Sensational Alex Harvey band is in order (If you aint heard Midnight Moses, you aint lived...or something).

• Members

It's not a competition now, is it?

I thought we was all just chillin' - lettin' it all hang loose?

as long as there are arogant, or envious, or insecure people, music will be a competition. that's why i stay away from cunts like those. I hate either when people try to be better than me, or when they get jealous (and you can see it in their faces and their actions when they are...it drives me nuts). If someone's better than me, but their not all arogant and are humble about it, i dig that. not sayin' im good or anything though.

• Members
I think anyone who posts clips in a public forum is a brave soul -- I've seen some amazing players get ripped on, and some not very good overall players hit a spot of pure inspired genius and end up playing way past their skill level (also called MAGIC)
:D

I never slag anyone's playing, I try to be supportive and appreciative of it

anyway, I said I didn't like a pedal and apparently that opened the door to attack the clips I've posted here - by those who haven't, no less

of course, they aren't posting in this thread, are they?

hopefully I can check out all of the clips that are being posted - I've heard some of you, but not all - I'm sure there is something for me to learn from in each clip, as well

Well hey hey hey check this out tell me what you think:D
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=wisewendell

• Members
since all you twats that have never posted clips of yourselves playing feel the need to slag my playing, here's your own {censored}in thread - I know you won't post clips, so just throw out some names, ok?

all you kids who think calling someone a "faggot" is a sign of superiority, here's your chance to pretend you're somebody

go ahead, don't be scared

:freak:

Too long, didn't read.
;)

JK!
My stuff is in the sig. I'm just an old geezer having fun.

• Members

Ah well, WTF???

here goes a little Soul Asylum - Runaway Train on the Neck pup of my LP Studio...
:thu:

this will show we aren't all pro's, and i have no shame
:eek::D

http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=23745

Damn, Danny! you've come a long way -- smooth changes, good time, and more confident sounding

good job, dude :) - that the new acoustic?

oops - the LP :o

Archived