Ceramic single coil pickups?

niceguy

• Members

Not trying to be rude but I highly doubt you would say anything you made sounded bad. Would be a pretty bad business move call your own stuff shitty. They may be great but let's be honest.

I've tested several of the BG-Pups, including the S90, and they all sound great.

Bryan makes some great pups :thu:

• Members

It definitely depends on the maker. The P-90 in my cheesy "Les Paul Melody Maker" has a distinctively ceramic howl to it. Most pickups where they simply replace an Alnico with a ceramic magnet have that weird quality to it. Kinda bright and harsh but not totally unuseable. However, the Bardens in my Tele are made with ceramic magnets too and sound incredible.

• Members

Uh-0h.

HCEC forumite admits to overreaction on boards?

WORLD TO END TODAY!

But seriously, kudos. We all do it but few cowboy up and admit to it. :thu:

Sorry about the irrational post folks, but eventually it comes down to personal preference. I hate ceramics, but I agree that it doesn't make them shit.

• 12 years later...
  • Members
On 8/20/2007 at 2:54 PM, Norcal_GIT_r said:

Not trying to be rude but I highly doubt you would say anything you made sounded bad. Would be a pretty bad business move call your own stuff {censored}ty. They may be great but let's be honest.

I'll be honest, every pickup I sell I make. If they sounded like crap I wouldnt bother making them or selling them.

Theres quite a few people on this forum who have bought them and every single person is loving them!!!

Are you still making pups? Price for a set of singles that would fit my 2015 Classic Vibe 60s? I play atmospheric blues. 

Archived