Gripe of the day about MF's "Customer Service"

GAS Man

• Members

Sweetwater is very good and they will haggle on prices. Try that with MF without some kind of price match, and being ready to back it up with several sources, signed in blood, etc. Then they will still argue that they can't match the price half the time.

I ordered a Les Paul Standard Faded a few months ago from Sweetwater. Listed at $1599 both places and Sweetwater knocked it down to $1399 shipped (over the phone haggling, no price match involved) and it arrived the next day.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
this weekend GAS got the better of me and I ordered the Gibson GOW Les Paul Studio w BFG electronics from AMS. I already have my tracking number today.

Thanks AMS!

Man you are a guitar whore! LOL. Enjoy it, I bet it is going to be sweet. GLad to hear you got your tracking number so quickly. I had to laugh; last week MF informed me via email they were finally sending out my pedal, and gave me a tracking number with links for UPS and FedEx. It arrived on Saturday, via USPS. :freak: Nice pedal though. I will order from Sweetwater or AMS next time to be sure. :thu:

• Members

Here's something funny...

I found 1/4 of my July 18th order on my front porch this evening. My account on MF says it's being packed. My credit card hasn't been charged. I never got an email saying the order (or partial order) had been shipped. I'm still waiting on the other 3/4 of my order. And the bill attached to the package is higher than the total price of the order because of the $85 coupon that I used.

FP

• Members

This past Saturday (August 11th) I ordered an Epiphone 335 Hardshell Case from Same Day Music.... so it should have shipped out today (August 13th).

But it hasn't shipped. It still says my order is in the "approval stage".

They have a guarantee..... if it doesn't ship the same day they pay you $100.

However.... there are exceptions to this:

Exceptions

In extremely unusual emergency circumstances beyond our control, we reserve the right to suspend the Guaranteed Same Day or $100 Cash Back policy. These circumstances may include, but are not limited to, the following examples:

* Warehouse, call center, or web operations lose power or telecom connectivity.

* Warehouse, call center, or web operations lose capability due to adverse weather (blizzard), safety threat, or other factors.

So when do we pay the $100 cash back?

When we tell you Guaranteed Same Day shipment applies to an item and we are unable to ship it due to rare but possible mistakes in the common operation of our business. Examples include:

* Our mainframe indicates we have the product in stock but we cannot find it in our enormous warehouse that day.

* Your order is valid but our credit department fails to review it in time for our warehouse to ship your package that day.

* Your order is confirmed by email but our mainframe does not show a record of the order (for some reason other than an unusual emergency circumstance affecting many orders, as mentioned in the exceptions).

I hope my order doesn't fall into the category of "exception". :cry:

• Members
Here's something funny...

I found 1/4 of my July 18th order on my front porch this evening. My account on MF says it's being packed. My credit card hasn't been charged. I never got an email saying the order (or partial order) had been shipped. I'm still waiting on the other 3/4 of my order. And the bill attached to the package is higher than the total price of the order because of the $85 coupon that I used.

FP

I called them about that. Apparently the coupon doesn't show up on the receipts, but your credit card bill should be correct :freak: I really don't trust this new system they have. Watch your credit card statement when you get it.

• Members

Ordered some stuff 2 or 3 weeks ago, and it was ALL in stock when I placed the order. What do I get yesterday? A backorder notice. GRRRRR!!!!! Come on! This is pathetic!

I got one of them too, after seeing everything in stock when I placed the order (and today, too).

Thankfully, it was on the half of the order I cared less about. The part that I really wanted to get fast (a hardshell case) came reasonably quickly.

I think there's just some kind of cluster{censored} going on over there. The whole Bain capital takeover probably isn't helping.

Thank God I didn't order something I actually NEEDED.

• Members

Well...... my Epiphone 335 case I ordered from Same Day Music will be here tomorrow. :thu: (according to tracking info).

It's too bad. There's a guitar I really, really want... but only Musician's Friend has it. And I might order it....... but I don't expect it untill December or January given all these horror stories I've been hearing.

This warehouse move of theirs must really be turning into a comple cluster----!!

By the way....... here's the guitar I really want:

419313.jpg

419312.jpg

• Members
Ordered some stuff 2 or 3 weeks ago, and it was ALL in stock when I placed the order. What do I get yesterday? A backorder notice. GRRRRR!!!!! Come on! This is pathetic!

You're part of a special club now. :cool:

• Members

I ordered the MP studio tube preamp very early on the 7th. I was surprised to receive the ship confirmation very late on the 8th. It arrived yesterday. The box was very smooshed. They coulda packed it much better. Review later.

• Members
I called them and bugged them again today. I got some sweet young thing on the phone. I could tell she wanted to help but she was clueless. She eventually said my order now had a tracking number, but UPS doesn't recognize it and it still shows "being packed" on the website. I doubt it's left the building, it's probably just a weird anomaly in their system, but at least it adds some drama to my wait.

Well here I am 24 hours later. The tracking number she gave me was obviously bogus. UPS does not recognize it. The MF site still says, "being packed".

Before the GC/MF buy out of Music 123, they went through some similar problems with shipping due to a warehouse move, BUT they sent out a coupon offering like 10% off your next order to make up for any inconvenience you might have suffered. And actually, my order from them had shipped promptly.

But I bet we won't get dick from MF. {censored}, you can't even get an answer. :mad:

• Members
Man you are a guitar whore! LOL. Enjoy it, I bet it is going to be sweet. GLad to hear you got your tracking number so quickly.

Yes, I am and I need therapy. :D

I've been trying to swear off GAS to get my credit debt down and focus on more worthy household projects, like some failed window seals, but I couldn't pass up the Studio BFG cuz I'm a :freak:

But dang, part of me is just as excited to see that Epi Silverburst Custom show up.. Damned MF Exclusives! :mad:

But even though MF kicked it out the door first thing Monday, it's got to come from NJ to WA so I don't get to see it til next Monday. Maybe I should have chipped in for some postage to get it sooner. :idea:

• Members

By the way,

I think according to MF, 8/15 is the last day you can receive a $20 credit on your orders over $200 to be applied against your future purchases over $200 if you order again around the beginning of September.

Well I could try and snag the dual pickup Melody Maker for $380, but I'd have to ask myself, "Do you feel lucky, well do ya punk?"

You probably wouldn't get the credit until it ships, so you could miss the opportunity to use the credit.

And for only $20, :rolleyes::p

I don't think I feel that optimistic.

They should really be tossing some major cookies for the customers to be suffering this {censored}.

• Members
Well here I am 24 hours later. The tracking number she gave me was obviously bogus. UPS does not recognize it. The MF site still says, "being packed".

Before the GC/MF buy out of Music 123, they went through some similar problems with shipping due to a warehouse move, BUT they sent out a coupon offering like 10% off your next order to make up for any inconvenience you might have suffered. And actually, my order from them had shipped promptly.

But I bet we won't get dick from MF. {censored}, you can't even get an answer.
:mad:

I doubt they'd send out coupons to everyone either, but they did knock $120 off my order to shut me up...

Bitch loud and often, you never know what can happen.

Mine should be here tomorrow (after 4 weeks and 4 days):

Originally a blem BFG that I didn't really want, but they were having an extra 10% off blems, so it was only $742 at the time.

Knock off the other $120 and they sold/lost the blem, so I get a new one for $622.

Not a bad deal, but I'm still done dealing with them. They've screwed up way to many things over the years and their customer service is absolutely worthless....

• Members

Well, I just called and bugged them again.

This time they said they hope to ship all July orders by the end of this week and this time they did offer me a cookie. An itty bitty cookie. $30 off my next order. That's only about 4% off my order total, but I might just use it to pick up a dual pickup Melody Maker. Since I get stuck with WA sales tax, it will still cost me $382.

They've got to love suckers like me.

Let me feel the love. :love::love:

:freak:

• Members

This time they said they hope to ship all July orders by the end of this week and this time they did offer me a cookie. An itty bitty cookie. $30 off my next order. That's only about 4% off my order total, but I might just use it to pick up a dual pickup Melody Maker. Since I get stuck with WA sales tax, it will still cost me $382.

Let me feel the love.
:love:

That's good news; I ordered some pedals back in July and I've been wondering if I was ever going to see them.

• Members

Yeah I'm done too with MF. Cancelled a backorder
for a EPI Firebird Worn Cherry that was placed in May.
Got the same guitar from stock and same price from Same Day Music
on line. The service was excellent and the guitar was packed way
better than ones I got from MF.

Same Day has a paragraph on the back of the packing slip
explaining their desire to provide outstanding service.

• Members

Let me feel the love.

I feel the love :love::cool:

• Members

I say we all forward this thread to not only MF, but also to the major guitar magazines. Voting with your wallet helps, but expand that to many consumers and look out.

Not a bad idea except for 2 things:

1. MF/M123 don't care

2. The magazines aren't going to do anything to piss off an advertiser

• Members

Not a bad idea except for 2 things:

1. MF/M123 don't care

2. The magazines aren't going to do anything to piss off an advertiser

Both true, but a massive influx of emails and complaints do have an effect with a bit of time. Plus an attitude of they simply don't care/don't want to piss of people is far too common these days. I'm sure everyone here can spend 3 minutes typing together an email with a copy of this link, their name, and why they will no longer support XXX company. When we can't do that anymore we're well and truly {censored}ed.

Archived