Gripe of the day about MF's "Customer Service"

GAS Man

• Members

I work in the public sector (I know "boooo - boooo") but even in a business where we basically provide cash to needy people, we attend workshops on "Customer Service".

The only merit to my thread is that I've learned and believe one thing is paramount to good customer service

"Under Promise but Over Deliver"

It's pretty simple and you'll find that no matter what business you're in, it usually works. Don't promise something will be done sooner than what might happen, but then try to make it happen sooner than you promised.

So when I placed an order on July 24th and there was a message there cautioning me that "orders placed today will not ship until on or before August 3rd, I was not unhappy because they told me up front they were going to be slow due to their warehouse move. And I'm an understanding type of guy, right?

But when the didn't ship on or before August 3rd, 6th or 7th, that meant that they still OVER PROMISED and UNDER DELIVERED.

And when I called on August 3rd for a status report and was told that it might still go out that day or the next day (gee I didn't know they ship on Saturdays :freak:) that was just one more "OVER PROMISE".

And when they didn't answer my "order status" e-mail I sent them yesterday, that was just one more Under Deliver.

Plus, they never follow their, "orders received by 00:00 will most likely be shipped the same day" pledge. And when I ask them why they didn't ship the same day as promised, they always give me some line about waiting for bank payment. Isn't that odd? The Chinese restaurant next to my office can get a payment confirmation in under 20 seconds! :mad:

Anyway, that's just my vent for today and remember folks.

"Under Promise but Over Deliver" and the world will be a happy place. :love:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've pretty much given up on Musicians Friend and AMS as well as Guitar Center. I usually can get just as good a deal at other stores, my favorite is Guitar Center in San Jose, also Starving Musician is pretty good and will ship nation wide. Another favorite of mine is McKenzie River Music in Eugene.

• Members

Here's my two cents: never expect anything and you'll always be pleasantly surprised...especially when shopping on the internet
:thu:

You can't operate by this mantra. It's not possible.

To wit: "You're pregnant? It's mine? Heck I didn't expect that; how'd it happen?"

• Members

.......when I ask them why they didn't ship the same day as promised, they always give me some line about waiting for bank payment. Isn't that odd? The Chinese restaurant next to my office can get a payment confirmation in under 20 seconds!
:mad:

That's because the Chinese restaurant outsources to Americans :thu:

• Members

I hear ya. I guess I didn't realize when I ordered one in stock pedal on July 17, that would be this long to receive my order, weird because I ordered something else (3pedals) and they came in 3 days. So they can get some things out, but not all things. Plus I did get one generic email stating that my order might be processed in another 10 business days, meaning about August 15. I've sent them 2 emails, no one replied either. Now, I understand there may be shipping delays, but a delay of 1 month almost, on an item that is in stock, is totally inexcusable. I would cancel my order but I used that stupid coupon on it. I really don't know how they can stay in business. I'll keep looking at their catalogs, but will order from anywhere else. Usually locally now if at all possible. {censored} you MF!!:mad::mad:

• Members

I've been getting great prices and fast delivery from MF. I even got a $100 coupon that I was happy to spend. I knew up front that there were going to be delays and back orders. Moving warehouse facilities with an inventory like MF has must be a monumental task.

• Members

the warehouse move was a total cluster {censored} on their part. Ihavent bought from them for weeks...wont either til I hear that thay are back to shiping fast

I like sweetwater and american musical anyway...

+1 on the American Musical. I mean they have their drawbacks. They don't dicker worth a damn, and have a string of reasons why they won't price match, but they do get it out the door the same day. :thu: Unfortunately my last two purchases from them were a little bit biffed. But A+ on prompt shipping.

My other ongoing problem with MF, I didn't even go into. But I bought a BC Rich gigbag from M123 before the buy out. After waiting months for them to get it in (I did know it was on backorder) they finally shipped me a bass gigbag instead of an electric guitar gigbag. :freak: Since then I've been trying to get them to take it back. I've called them at least 10 times on this one issue and it's still not resolved. They keep sending me to people's voice boxes who don't call me back and they've also told me to just call back later. They sure didn't handle that buy out transition very well at all. Meanwhile, I'm stuck with a cardboard box big enough for a full size keyboard and a gigbag large enough for two electric guitars and a opossum. That order dates back to last February. :freak:

• Members

I dunno.

Years ago they used to be warehoused in Medford OR. That was great for me cuz I used to get delivery in WA state in 2 days. Shipping time for me now is about 4-5 days from Kansas City.

I have an Aunt and Uncle showing up around August 22nd. With my luck my guitar will show up then and I'll have to try to explain in vein why I need one more friggin guitar. :o

:D

• Members

+1 on the American Musical. I mean they have their drawbacks. They don't dicker worth a damn, and have a string of reasons why they won't price match, but they do get it out the door the same day.
:thu:
Unfortunately my last two purchases from them were a little bit biffed. But A+ on prompt shipping.

My other ongoing problem with MF, I didn't even go into. But I bought a BC Rich gigbag from M123 before the buy out. After waiting months for them to get it in (I did know it was on backorder) they finally shipped me a bass gigbag instead of an electric guitar gigbag.
:freak:
Since then I've been trying to get them to take it back. I've called them at least 10 times on this one issue and it's still not resolved. They keep sending me to people's voice boxes who don't call me back and they've also told me to just call back later. They sure didn't handle that buy out transition very well at all. Meanwhile, I'm stuck with a cardboard box big enough for a full size keyboard and a gigbag large enough for two electric guitars and a opossum. That order dates back to last February.
:freak:

will it fit a Flying V guitar?

• Members

I hear ya. I guess I didn't realize when I ordered one in stock pedal on July 17, that would be this long to receive my order, weird because I ordered something else (3pedals) and they came in 3 days. So they can get some things out, but not all things. Plus I did get one generic email stating that my order might be processed in another 10 business days, meaning about August 15. I've sent them 2 emails, no one replied either. Now, I understand there may be shipping delays, but a delay of 1 month almost, on an item that is in stock, is totally inexcusable. I would cancel my order but I used that stupid coupon on it. I really don't know how they can stay in business. I'll keep looking at their catalogs, but will order from anywhere else. Usually locally now if at all possible. {censored} you MF!!

Unless they changed the coupon policy you should get that credited back to you if you do a return... although you might still have to wait for the next thing you order.

• Members

I'm still waiting for a guitar I ordered on July 14 'to be picked'.

I was told 'next week' on July 19th.

I was told 'I don't know' the next week.

I was told '3-5 days' the next week.

I was told '5-7 days' the next day.

Finally I was told this week that they have no idea where the guitars are or when they will ship and that they shouldn't have been telling me things that aren't true all along (NO {censored}????).

On the upside, I'm getting a new model for the blem price and getting $120 off... I just might not see it for several more weeks and it's almost been 4 weeks as it is...

• Members

And if anyone is wondering where their order is, this is the latest 'explanation':

'What's so difficult about shipping your order? The same challenge that we have shipping everyone else's... - they're either in our old warehouse, on a truck being moved to our new warehouse, on a shipping dock in a shipping container unaccessible to our shipping staff, etc.'

This on an order placed on July 14th, which at the time mentioned possible 24-48 hour shipping delays.

So for almost 4 weeks, my order has either been sitting in the old warehouse, on a truck, or 'unaccessible', or maybe some combination of all three. For almost 4 weeks... And with no end in sight. They still have no idea when to even guess it might ship, said it could be a few more weeks.

I don't care what excuses they make, there is no excuse for the way this move was executed.

Archived