Gripe of the day about MF's "Customer Service"

GAS Man

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm still waiting on the par64 cans I ordered at the end of june. I spent my $100 dollar coupon the last week of july. I knew that the tuners would be back ordered and I just got them yesterday. Today I got an email telling me that the rest of the coupon order, a pearloid Strat pickguard and a book, is now on back order.

What a cluster {censored} this is.

• Members

Guitar order held hostage

day 24

But I added more stupidity to my life:

I placed another order on 8/15. :freak:

Since they gave me a whole $30 for my inconvenience! or 4% off my order total, I decided to blow that credit by ordering the worn white Melody Maker.

So next problem.

They didn't apply the $30 credit to my new order :mad:, even though the woman that gave it to me answered me that it would just be there in my account.

It was then explained to me just yesterday that "You had to phone in the order to use the credit. :rolleyes:

Well after some discussion and being on interminable hold, they finally said they will credit my card back after they ship. :confused:

And I said, "I also get the additional $20 off my next $200 order for having placed my order before 8/15 per the catalog offer right?"

She said "no". You had to phone in your order to get that credit. I explained to her that the catalog said nothing about phone in versus online orders. So they said they'd fix that for me too. So I can play the game again in September if I feel lucky and foolish enough.

Let the games continue!

So far, no winners, only draws.

She did say though that they have one customer who places orders every day. :eek: and that some of his orders are going out the same day and one of his is still pending since June. I think that was supposed to make me think that what goes out these days and what doesn't get shipped is hard to predict.

I think I'll give MF the Guitar 1 Award of Excellence! :D

• Members

Now it's been a month since I placed my last order.

But, it's being packed though!

It's been two months since I placed an order that I received because I canceled three orders and bought them somewhere else.

The only reason I placed the last order was because of the $85 coupon.

Geeezzz! Come on!

FP

• Members

I cancelled my order on Friday. I'll probably go back to them but not until they get their act together. Same Day Music is getting my business until then.

Unfortunately there are some products that I can only get at MF.

• Members

Hi to all, this is my first post on the forum.

I have placed an order on music123 of an cheap acoustic Jasmine guitar the 7/19 and still hasn't shipped yet. I call the customer service and they said they have no idea of when it'll be shipped. Just checked the reviews on bizrate and is just a mess of complains.

• Members
Hi to all, this is my first post on the forum.

I have placed an order on music123 of an cheap acoustic Jasmine guitar the 7/19 and still hasn't shipped yet. I call the customer service and they said they have no idea of when it'll be shipped. Just checked the reviews on bizrate and is just a mess of complains.

It's nice to see the company basically telling their employees to say, "I don't know" to customer calls. That's top notch service! :thu:

• Members
It's nice to see the company basically telling their employees to say, "I don't know" to customer calls. That's top notch service!
:thu:

Yep, that's basically it.

But I've also had them telling me, "it will probably ship 8/3"

"we expect all July orders to be shipped out by 8/17"

I prefer the "I don't know". It might be lame, but it's honest.

I'll have to give them another harassment call tomorrow, since it's been a week since my last one. Maybe I can get another 30 bucks. :rolleyes:

I would think a 10% discount would be more appropriate than the 4% cookie they've tossed me so far.

Archived