Who's the best player on this forum, seriously?

thefuryone

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For me, a terrific guitarist who is more than just a guitar player but also a great human being is bound to get my vote. If you have not yet checked out Scott jones' website, I'd say have a look. He's a wonderful artist (his drawings are fabulous) and he shares also about himself and his beliefs and values. Great stuff. On top of all that, he gets the palm as probably the best guitarist on this forum (Wish he'd come more often, though).

Gretshguy is also a very good guitarist that I enjoy listening to.

As to favorite ones, I'll add Burgess, Doveman and Frets.

• Members

Wow, I guess that I really missed out on listening to a lot of guys here play. I just started doing the jams and it is a blast listening to everyone else's interpretations and ways of expressing themselves.

I have gotten over my anal retentive paranoia a little bit and am able to post in those threads (mistakes and all), but I will tell you that Frets99 and MHUK make it tough to share my stuff sometimes. I haven't heard everyone's stuff, but those two just have so much range and great phrasing that I always enjoy listening to them until I go back and listen to mine. :D Luckily I am not expecting to ever do anything with music as a career, it is just fun and I can let loose here.

Music isn't a competition so it is tough to judge one over another, but on a personal note those two guys always catch my ear and have something cool in there. Hell I am not even talking about how well they play, just the tastiness of what they play; I rarely hear them really miss a note...they both have the skills. It is what they choose to play that impresses the heck out of me. And they both seem to have vary different styles which always makes it a blast to check out the HCEG jam of the week.

• Members
So I'm going down Frets' putfile page, looking for clips of the Squier HH I just bought, and I'm thinking, this guy could easily be a recorded blues artist.

So it got me to wonder, who else on this board is actually that good? Sense of rythm, phrasing, all that stuff.

Clips?

It sure as hell ain't me :)

• 6 months later...
  • Members

its fun to get into "Who Is THe Best" discussions when we are talking about stars.
But it is a little uncomfortable when you are doing it among your friends.
Yes, Frets is a great player, but I prefer the question, who else in this forum are great players also, as opposed to who is the BEST.
It is subjective and stands to do no good.

• Members
its fun to get into "Who Is THe Best" discussions when we are talking about stars.

But it is a little uncomfortable when you are doing it among your friends.

Yes, Frets is a great player, but I prefer the question, who else in this forum are great players also, as opposed to who is the BEST.

It is subjective and stands to do no good.

That's all fine and good until you've heard Scott Jones and then you realize he's the man. ;)

We don't hear from Scott that much anymore though... :(

Archived