Who's the best player on this forum, seriously?

thefuryone

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Shoot,
You guys that mentioned me... Remove the wax from your ears...lol

There are so many good to great players I can't even begin to mention them all. I can personally say though that Scott Jones is a GUITAR HERO of MINE.

Gary

• Members
Originally posted by Frets99

This is still about folks we've actually heard!

Wanted to throw a nod to chris lenk, Dew Knot Hump, Jimmy James, Mystix, Abrasion, Gopher666, Peavey Impact, Bgmacaw.

I haven't heard everybody here but there's lot's of talent.. Dynostrat, Stratopedia, Liamis fun.

I will be listening to the folks who post on this thread as well!!

wow :) i got a mention. thanks frets. you are one of my favourite players on here, along with metalheaduk, cant get enough that guy, his tone and playing is just always so untouchablel. amazing stuff.

maybe we should form a new supergroup, like cream, only better :D and with about 50 guitarists :wave:

much love to all tho, 99.9% of the stuff posted on here is seriously good stuff, its very rare that we hear something that you cant appreciate as good music.

Liam :thu:

• Members

I'm not the best...and never will be as I started playing too late in life.

But: I do think I've made as much progress as ANYONE since the summer when I began my playing career.

I can now hold my own in *any* guitar or bass section of Guitar Center playing a little blues thingy I've cooked up! It's not much, I admit, but it's a good start! :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Frets99

Brian Krashpad..... how could I have left him out!!! If for nothing more than monster guitar stage attitude!!!

Haha, these threads are not really about attitude, they're about chops and speed.

The thing I do is not really about those things, I couldn't play like that if you put a gun to my head.

But I can't sing opera either, so no biggie.

BK

• Members

I don't know if he's technically the "best" player here, but certainly my favorite to find a clip from is my man Frets99.. I'd much rather listen to some of his tastey blues than some intricate, perfect technician that runs perfect endless scales that have absolutely nothing to say. I wish Frets and I lived close to each other, he'd be awesome to jam with. He just oozes music.

• Members

WOW!:eek: :eek:

I am so moved that people have mentioned me in here...thank you guys so much.

But I would like to make a big shout out to all the guys who have posted in the jams thread. It takes balls to do it, and I think every one of you guys has got what it takes. None of this is a competition, and I can honestly say that listening to your takes, what ever level you percieve yourself to be at, is instructive , enjoyable, and inspiring, and makes me WANT to play more.

There are many many people on this board whom I respect, and a huge amount of knowledge that can be drawn upon, and that in itself is great.

But the fact that we have someone as dedicated as frets to giving his time to all, and oirganising the jams, and listening to everyones takes doesn't just do him credit as a guitarist, but as a person.

And, please everyone, post your clips.

Perseverance is part of the game here...play, play some more, and then play again. Listen to everything musical. it doesn't matter what sort of music you love, keeping an open mind will always help push you forward.

And finally, most important of all -ENJOY your playing.

And remember, it doesn't matter who you are there is ALWAYS somebody somewhere who is better!:thu:

Rock on, guys!

• Members
Originally posted by Jkater

For versatility : Burgess and Scott Jones. And they happen to be very nice people too.

Whoa another list! :D

I'm flattered and can't believe anyone's gonna mention my name in the same sentence with Scott's. Just so you know, he'll play circles around me. I've had the honor of actually seeing him do it. He didn't even have to try hard AND, this is when his injury was at it's worst. That guy's note selection is just off the scale!

And you're right, he's equally as great a guy as he's a player. Myself, I'm kind of a prick. I keep telling people that but they don't believe me. It's true I tell ya! ;)

• Members
Originally posted by prodrigu

Burgress and Prages are very good players too !

Once more, I'm very flattered. Thanks! :D

...oh and here's my funny Prages story:

Another thread another day and the topic had turned to bands trainwrecking onstage. So Prages breaks out a clip of his band "trainwrecking". Turns out his band trainwrecking sounded better than many bands on their best night! You gotta love that about the guy! ;)

• Members

This thread is going to remind me to check out the clips from the players mentioned. Always interested in finding new stuff.
That said, Scott Jones is scary good. I made a compilation CD of sorts of clips from his Web site and it's in heavy rotation in my car and house. Great, great player.
Sorry to hear that he's had some health issues; how's he doing now?

• Members

Definitely have to give the nod to Scott Jones. Also Ed DeGenaro, Red Ant (Anton). Those two guys are masters as well. Lots of other mentionables on here too. EG and GJ are full of talented musicians at all ages and experience levels. Represented well.:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by thefuryone

So I'm going down Frets' putfile page, looking for clips of the Squier HH I just bought, and I'm thinking, this guy could easily be a recorded blues artist.

So it got me to wonder, who else on this board is actually that good? Sense of rythm, phrasing, all that stuff.

Clips?

i consider myself pretty good but not "Best"

Originally posted by One-armed Alec

Frets - I tried to listen to some of your media on:

http://www.putfile.com/frets99

When I selected the individual files, I got a screen with a component missing - red cross at the top left, etc...

Do I have to download a particular codec or something?

(it's late at night for me, and my brain is full of beer)

Cheers.

For the browser your using, you'll probably need the lates windows media codecs!

Bunch of crazy stuff here too!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=510737

Archived