Who's the best player on this forum, seriously?

thefuryone

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Jet Bycraft

On this recording I used my Sustainer equipped Fernandes Vortex Flying V through a Teese RMC-3, FoxRox CC-2, ZIM and TZF. For amplification I used my Marshall TSL-122 with a Rocktron Intellifex in the loop. I hope that you enjoy the solo. Let me know you what think!

Rockin'! Sounds like something I would do, check it out.^^^^^^

• Members
Originally posted by Alchemist

First person I thought of when I read this is Pete. I'm a huge Rush fan, and his vibe really does it for me. I think Frets is awesome as well. I also really enjoy Gary/Riffy's style too.

i thought for sure you were going to say that it was you. i thought of it before i even read the first reply. because you always say that. but you didn't this time.:cry:

• Members
Originally posted by Jet Bycraft

On this recording I used my Sustainer equipped Fernandes Vortex Flying V through a Teese RMC-3, FoxRox CC-2, ZIM and TZF. For amplification I used my Marshall TSL-122 with a Rocktron Intellifex in the loop. I hope that you enjoy the solo. Let me know you what think!

http://minorcrisis.net/files/JetSolo.mp3

Gawdamn. This makes me want a sustainer reeeaaaaally bad. Thanks for the major GAS attack, jerk. :(

Haha, jk of course. In all seriousness, that {censored}ing rawked dude. Sounds like Jimi meets Eddie. Consider my ass humbled. :eek:

• Members

Originally posted by thefuryone

So I'm going down Frets' putfile page, looking for clips of the Squier HH I just bought, and I'm thinking, this guy could easily be a recorded blues artist.

So it got me to wonder, who else on this board is actually that good? Sense of rythm, phrasing, all that stuff.

Clips?

You're serious with this question?

You want forum members to - let me phrase this right - proclaim some OTHER forum members as the "best" guitar player?

I'm just checking - I've had way too many beers tonight.

This is still about folks we've actually heard!

Wanted to throw a nod to chris lenk, Dew Knot Hump, Jimmy James, Mystix, Abrasion, Gopher666, Peavey Impact, Bgmacaw.

I haven't heard everybody here but there's lot's of talent.. Dynostrat, Stratopedia, Liamis fun.

I will be listening to the folks who post on this thread as well!!

• Members

I can't keep track of them all, but there are some really great players on HC. I make no claims to being one of them, though I'm not awful by any means. I'm comfortable with referring to myself as "OK".

Someday I'll have a means of posting clips. I really want to participate in the jam threads (which are a GREAT idea, BTW). Listening to those things just inspires me to work at my playing.

• Members

I've heard many great clips here so with great trepidation I'll supply a link to one of my own.

This is our cover band's version of the Dan's "Peg". It's much more up tempo than the original but hey we like steely dan and maybe folks will dance to it.

I think it's good as a Vox Tonleab SE reference...but I never did learn that solo correctly. I just opened this account (thanks to frets99 sig). Hope this link works. It's a fairly big file so it might take a while to load. Got to go do some work now but I'll stop in later to see how it went.

http://media.putfile.com/Peg-62

• Members

Someone on one of the other forums wanted more info about the clip using the tonelab. Here's the chain.

Hamer Daytona strat clone with Joe Barden's -> Tonlab SE -> Rocktron Velocity 120 -> 1x12 cab with a celestion clone. The vox patch uses the blackface model. I forget what virtual overdrive is on that patch.

• Members
Originally posted by Mac_C

Ricco SKYNTERP Pollan. Unfortunately we banned him.
:D

However, he does claim to still post here under a different name. Show yourself Ricco!

360??

Ricco was...interesting to say the least. I wonder if he got the Motley Crue gig?
I'm still waiting for "Parts Farm" on the big screen.

• Members
Originally posted by RudeMood

I haven't heard clips from some of the guys mentioned in this thread.

The only person I can think of who hasn't been mentioned already is Atrox. I bought a CD of his band BML from him. It's good stuff.
:thu:

True !

I watched his videos and his band is awesome :)

• Members
Originally posted by Frets99

Wanted to throw a nod to chris lenk, Dew Knot Hump, Jimmy James, Mystix, Abrasion, Gopher666,
Peavey Impact
, Bgmacaw.

I got an honorable mention!! Yayy! :D

You are the man, Frets. You truly do inspire me, not only with your excellent taste and technique, but also with your open attitude. Not many people like you out there, buddy.

• Members

Do I get to take

"Suckage" and divide it by my age to get "less suckage per year" or

Do I have to take

"Suckage" and multiply it by my age to get a "Multitude of Suckageness"

??

I'm not sure what the formula is that maybe started rolling with GuitarKid's interjection of age.

Instead of IQ which is intelligence age divided by actual age,

I guess the SQ "Suckage Quotient" must be your how much you suck at your age divided by how much you should suck for your age. (with a higher number being "less suckage") (And of course an SQ of 100 would mean "you suck exactly as much as you should for your age" OR!!! It could be years of playing).

I'd guess my "SQ" is probably at about an 80. That would put me above "deficient / impaired / retarded (under 70)" but under where I'd like to be.

Or maybe there's an analytical machine where I could simply input:

"Can play "Classical Gas" but can't play "Eruption" and that would give me a score :D

I'm sorry, I know this is not about ourselves but who we know here who is great, but I haven't heard many clips here. But yes, I've heard some tasty chops posted by Frets. ;)

Archived