• Members

I say Agile hands down. My AL-2000 plays better than any >$500 Epi LP
copy I've tried. My STV-mn strat copy is better than my MIM and the 2300
jr is very well made and unique because the two p-90's. All were playable
out of the box, came with either graphite or bone nut. (No #^&*%!!! plastic
nut!) The tuners are pretty high ratio and some QC seems to have beeen
implemented in their manufacture.

• Members

I vote for Daisy Rock. Think of them as Schecters with styling that (in some cases) appeals more to women. I have yet to play a Daisy Rock full scale electric that wasn't a terrific value: Good-to-excellent sound, excellent build.

After Daisy Rock, I'd go with Yamaha. Even their most inexpensive stuff is pretty solid (very lowest end acoustics possibly excepted).

• Members

Based on the sheer overwhelming awesomeness of my XV600, I'd give the edge to Xaviere. But I love my Squiers too. I think that Squier is becoming less of "Fender's budget brand" and more "the brand Fender uses for their fun/interesting/funky models." I've currently got major GAS for a Jagmaster, and a small, scary part of me is fascinated by the Badtz Maru bass.

• Members

I have an MIJ Squier, an MIK Squier and an SX. The most comfortable for me (totally subjective) is my MIK Squier Tele. I did a side-by-side with my MIJ Squier Strat and an MIJ Fender Strat and I couldn't find any real degree of difference between the two. I have been told that they were made on the same assembly line in the mid 80's. The SX is nice but not of the same quality. Squier for sure - now I want a Squier Tele Custom II.

• Members

squier has come a LONG way over the years, and some of their $200 and up models are among the best values available - I'm really impressed with the new squier deluxe strat, the daphne blue one - the color is really more of a sonic than daphne and tuning stability can shift a bit here and there, but it's otherwise a VERY good sounding strat and plays really well - in all honesty, they should have just upgraded the bridge, trem block, and tuners a bit and charged $299 instead of $249 for them

I can't speak for some of the other brands in the poll so much, but my personal experience is that a $200-$300 squier gives you way better sound and more guitar for your money than an epi at the same price - aside from the mik epiphones, I have yet to lay hands on an imported epi that could interest me beyond the minute or so I could stand to spend with it

g&l tributes also rank among the best values on the market for a nice solid player, but then they start to get into a little higher price bracket as well - in the $400 price range though, I think g&l tributes put mim standards to shame

• Members

I bought 2 "Stagg" brand teles for $200 and $250. They both begged for the usual upgrades to pickups and hardware, but the finish and work on both was as good or even preferable to the MIM Fenders I picked on in the same store and miles ahead of any Squires. Both 2 piece Alder bodies, fricken sweet maple necks with rolled fingerboards, clean fretwork. One will stay mostly as is, the other will slowly mutate into to Tele deluxe as I find the time.

• Members

You're officially the only opinion based on tested results. Everything else is just a personal preference because you can't know what you don;t know.

I've had dog Squiers.

I really like SX but they are the cheapest of the choices.

With Xaviere in the sub $200 bracket I say they win. They sound better than the others.

I own at least one of each of the poll brands.

• Members

I love OLP's. Great pickups, awesome feeling necks (when you pick out a good one). They look a bit silly, unless you're into that. Looks aside, it's the best sounding and playing guitar I've played for the price.

Their stock pickups are killer:thu:

Archived