Overall best cheap brand

DarkHorseJ27

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've never owned a Xavier or Turser, but I have had an Agile, I have a SX now, and I've had a couple of MIK Squiers. Hands down the Squiers were better quality. I ended up sending he Agile back, and I'm thinking I should have sent the SX back too. The Tursers I've played in stores have seemed very good. I have GFS pickups in several of my guitars, so I know the electronics in Xaviers are a step above most imports.

• Members
Non chinese squiers.

Anything that's not chinese is better. I've one Japan Squier and an Indonesian Squier Deluxe Series Satin Trans Strat HH. Long name but a good guitar. I think that that one plays and feels bettter that my Fender. But that's personal choice mind you.:thu:

• Members

I'd say Squire cuz first off unlike the Agiles, SX, and Xaviere's you can go try them out and find the one that feels right. Secondly Squire makes so many variations of their gutiars and some are just flat out kool as all hell...

I am a try before I buy type too so I went with Squire from the list.

• Members

Anything that's not chinese is better. I've one Japan Squier and an Indonesian Squier Deluxe Series Satin Trans Strat HH. Long name but a good guitar. I think that that one plays and feels bettter that my Fender. But that's personal choice mind you.
:thu:

I have a Cherryburst Chinese Squire Strat that has tone to die for. I've replaced the neck with a Warmoth that I got for a great deal on ebay. Nothing was wrong with the stock Squire neck. I was just going for a chunky neck at a good price and won it.

Some good things do come from China.

Epiphone set neck Les Paul Jrs also come to mind as a good quality guitar MIC.

• Members

I'd say none of the ones you listed. Picks ESP LTD for best ultra low priced guitars (Gettable for under $300 via internet stores). Epiphone is also very good foir the set neck ones, not into their bolt on guitars. Jay Turser is also ok for budget guitars in my experience.

Archived