What's going on.

The Eristic

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

well i'm glad i missed it, but half way though frets speech i thought he was going to tell us we were going to bomb Iran, cuz it felt like one of those "bush" talks, you know where he starts out all calm, then tells us we are going to start with shock and awe, and it'll all be over in about a week.:freak::lol:

• Members

ouch.. Regrettable, but we are all ultimately responsible for our own actions.. I wish none of this had ever happened, but, IMHO, what was done overnight was a good thing. When people you've had on ignore for over 3 weeks insist on harassing and stalking every thread you make or participate in, there really isn't much left to do but but call the cops on em.. I know a lot of people liked the ones that are gone, but I've gotten several PMs from people expressing support for what was done to them.. Those people don't want to speak up in public cuz they know the collective HCEG "clique" wants to shoot me right about now.. I've never cared what people think of me, so I don't mind speaking my mind on it. Both of them earned what they got. I can't ban anyone. All I can do is let someone else look at the problem and decide what's correct. They did, and now those 2 are on a vacation. Hopefully when they come back, everything will be fine. I'm keeping them on ignore, and hopefully they'll do the same in return.. I don't expect that will occur, but you can hope.. Anyway, that's my first, last and only comment on all this.. Peace y'all..

• Members
ouch.. Regrettable, but we are all ultimately responsible for our own actions.. I wish none of this had ever happened, but, IMHO, what was done overnight was a good thing. When people you've had on ignore for over 3 weeks insist on harassing and stalking every thread you make or participate in, there really isn't much left to do but but call the cops on em.. I know a lot of people liked the ones that are gone, but I've gotten several PMs from people expressing support for what was done to them.. Those people don't want to speak up in public cuz they know the collective HCEG "clique" wants to shoot me right about now.. I've never cared what people think of me, so I don't mind speaking my mind on it. Both of them earned what they got. I can't ban anyone. All I can do is let someone else look at the problem and decide what's correct. They did, and now those 2 are on a vacation. Hopefully when they come back, everything will be fine. I'm keeping them on ignore, and hopefully they'll do the same in return.. I don't expect that will occur, but you can hope.. Anyway, that's my first, last and only comment on all this.. Peace y'all..

You've actually remained VERY civil in this whole matter, I'm Actually surprised to feel like I'm on you're side(not that you Need or want that) but you were being HEAVILY attacked for no real good reason....and I Applaud you for not stooping to the level of a common 6th grader(no offence to 6th graders) :thu:

• Members
You've actually remained VERY civil in this whole matter, I'm Actually surprised to feel like I'm on you're side(not that you Need or want that) but you were being HEAVILY attacked for no real good reason....and I Applaud you for not stooping to the level of a common 6th grader(no offence to 6th graders)
:thu:

In part he was being attacked simply because he wanted to support American jobs by buying American products.

• Members
You've actually remained VERY civil in this whole matter, I'm Actually surprised to feel like I'm on you're side(not that you Need or want that) but you were being HEAVILY attacked for no real good reason....and I Applaud you for not stooping to the level of a common 6th grader(no offence to 6th graders)
:thu:

I honestly tried to ignore them. The only time I had to see their BS was when they asked someone to quote it so that would occur. I do appreciate what you posted, and it IS nice to have someone else on my side..

Morbius, ya think that's what it was? Cuz I didn't want to buy any more imports? If so, that's pathetic..

• Members

Morbius, ya think that's what it was? Cuz I didn't want to buy any more imports? If so, that's pathetic..

I seem to recall that around that time things started to go awry and it just escalated from there. Shame on you for trying to be a patriot and helping out your fellow countrycaveman.

EDIT: I believe it started in one of the threads that Frets began about buying guitars and economics. Remember how that one turned into a turd fling fest?

(This post was not meant to be harmful or discriminatory toward those who enjoy a good turd flinging.)

• Members

Posted by leopardstar:

well i'm glad i missed it, but half way though frets speech i thought he was going to tell us we were going to bomb Iran, cuz it felt like one of those "bush" talks, you know where he starts out all calm, then tells us we are going to start with shock and awe, and it'll all be over in about a week.

Today kinda reminded me of Nixon's Saturday Night Massacre.

• Members

I'm bummed that CSM got banned -- he is usually a cool and level headed poster.

I was going to pour some out for the ol' boy, but since he'll be back in a few days, I think I'll drink it myself and toast his return should he choose to rejoin our (occasionally fractious) fellowship.

Carry on. Carry on.

• Members

Some asshat posted a very poor joke in JJ's pro-CSM thread. That started the downslide in that one. Funny thing is that that dude did not get banned to my knowledge.

Thank you for responding to my question. I am happy to know that neither JJ nor CSM posted such a remark.

Archived