What's going on.

The Eristic

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Couldn't you have just moved the thread to GJ like you do the rest of your unwanted threads?:poke:

Seriously, banning JJ was a low point for this forum:freak::evil:

Take a look in the mirror and wipe that egg off your face, FOO.:cop:

• Members

The problem was with how JJ tittled the thread,once you got into it it was clear that it wasnt derogitory:thu:

Exactly and it was turning into a celebration of our favorite jewish guitarist (which there are many). Some people I guess don't understand the JJ way and his humor and actually thought he was being derogatory -- the title was even tongue in cheek (considering the stupid thread titles we always see). I saw it as JJ mocking those dumb thread titles when I first saw it. Whatever, unban him and let's get back to our normal business. I rarely venture outside of a few threads these days here and JJ threads are ones that I do enjoy. That thread gave me the opportunity to give props to Scott Ian of Anthrax, he never gets any props around here!

• Members

The way I read his thread about that thread was that JJ himself is Jewish. Was there a misunderstanding that the original thread was anti-Semitic?

I was under the same impression. I suppose in this day and age it's easy for people to get spooked by certain subject matter, especially when corporate image etc. is tied up in the forum. I'm sure they'll realise eventually that JJ didn't mean any harm.

• Members

I'm just very comforted to know that the origin of all this was not anti-semitic and that anti-semitism or anti-any-other-kind-of-prejudice (except in regard to make and models of guitars) is not welcomed or condoned here. If that's the message that comes out of all of this, all of this ends with a resoundingly positive note.

• Members

I'm just very comforted to know that the origin of all this was not anti-semitic and that anti-semitism or anti-any-other-kind-of-prejudice (except in regard to make and models of guitars) is not welcomed or condoned here. If that's the message that comes out of all of this, all of this ends with a resoundingly positive note.

'course it wasn't, CSM is half Jewish and the whole JJ thing only happened because JJ was upset at CSM being banned.

• Members

'course it wasn't, CSM is half Jewish and the whole JJ thing only happened because JJ was upset at CSM being banned.

I'm one of the many people who came upon the scene of the crime after most of the victims had left and the accident scene had been cordoned off. All of us who weren't here to see any of it transpire are just doing our best to interview the people who did see it, to put it all together from the clues that are offered us.

I'll just go on record, again, that I'm very pleased that it was decency and humanity that prevailed here.

No more from me.

• Members

When the forum itself becomes the most important topic of the forum, I tend to lose interest. I immensely enjoy CSM's knowledge and experience and JJ's wit (such as it is). Neither, however, make or break this forum for me. While I wish them both a speedy return from time-out, I plan to continue to use HCEG as a resource and outlet for advice, information, and entertainment. The internet-as-soapbox thing got old for me about five years ago.

• Members

When the forum itself becomes the most important topic of the forum, I tend to lose interest. I immensely enjoy CSM's knowledge and experience and JJ's wit (such as it is). Neither, however, make or break this forum for me. While I wish them both a speedy return from time-out, I plan to continue to use HCEG as a resource and outlet for advice, information, and entertainment. The internet-as-soapbox thing got old for me about five years ago.

+1: my sentiments exactly.

• Members

+2

• Members

+1.

Perhaps this forum has become more about user personalities than about the guitars? IMHO I think some HC users simply want friends more than guitars or guitar information.

• Members

The problem was with how JJ tittled the thread,once you got into it it was clear that it wasnt derogitory:thu:

Wow. I missed all the action but do you mean to say that jj was banned for calling a Jewish person a Jew and that it's against the TOS to do so?

EDIT: I saw the thread title but didn't venture inside. Am I going to be banned for using the term?

• Members

I've no idea what happened, but it's hard to imagine csm or Ratae doing anything harmful, considering they both played primary roles in the stratogirl thread - one of the all time high points of this forum.

And as for JJ - "Vell, JJ's just zis guy, you know?"

zaphod718.jpg

• Members

Wow. I missed all the action but do you mean to say that jj was banned for calling a Jewish person a Jew and that it's against the TOS to do so?

EDIT: I saw the thread title but didn't venture inside. Am I going to be banned for using the term?

no, the use of jj is fine

• Members
this kinda explains it, some of the guys in GJ are trying to figure this out, it's kinda like the mAp war...hello EG forum
:wave:

not quite

the title of the thread was "Your favorite J** guitarist" and wasn't meant to be derogatory or a personal attack (if I understand correctly).

• Members

shame. I enjoy both of their posts. Sometimes JJ is a bit rough, but it's the asshole in him that I often enjoy. CSM is a goddamn treasure of HCEG and we're privlidged to have contribute to the community the way he does. I hope they both return soon.

That being said, I'm confident Frets and the other mods will do the right thing.

• Members

I like Ritae and CSM. They are adding value to these pages.

However, I think the best course of action regarding JJ is to PermaBan that dick. He's been an ass to LOTS of newb's (and people he THINKS are noobs)...

Now it seems he's a racist bigot too. We don't need those kinds of people here.

Once someone shows their true colors...take a picture (you'll remember it better that way).

• Members

However, I think the best course of action regarding JJ is to PermaBan that dick. He's been an ass to LOTS of newb's (and people he THINKS are noobs)...

Once someone shows their true colors...take a picture (you'll remember it better that way).

no offense, but you just don't understand JJ's sense of humor

• Members

He was being racist?

I remember he kinda trolled one of my first posts here, but I got the humor... I quasi-trolled a couple of his posts, and he seemed to have always gotten it.

I like JJ Pistols. Eh's a cool guy and eh doesn't afraid of anything.

Also, he's the reason I got a flying V.

• Members

You couldn't be farther off the mark. You need to know the facts before you start shooting blindly.

JJ would give anyone the shirt off his back.

Now if we could just get him to wash the damn thing first...

Archived