On this forum posts are becomming way too agressive.

Professor Tom

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That ain't real tube testosterone, that's digitally MODELLED testosterone. And Gary's totally right, of course.

*back into character*

RIGHT! THAT'S IT! OUTSIDE! NOW!

BRING YER MATES IF YOU WANT, I DON'T FAKKIN CARE, I'LL DO THEM AN' ALL --

EDIT: Note to our Amurkan friends -- this has been a staged re-enactment of a classic old-fashioned English pub barney not involving weapons. Now becoming increasingly obsolete.

*picks up pint glasses and launches at random people, ensuring to finish with "Faaak you alllll"*

• Members

He said

"After partaking of a few beverages which may have contained alcoholic substances, he may become slightly inebriated. After this fact, he will often post messages of a nature construed as not being the norm. This could include comments intent to derride comedic or droll value from knowledge either already public or specific to the subject. This is often called "trolling". By his statement, he suggests that this could be a frequent occurance, although the time frame is not specified.

He then draws confidence that his posts, whilst created in this stance, are considered to be humourous and encourage mirth in their respective appreciation.

Clear as mud?

• Members

He said

"After partaking of a few beverages which may have contained alcoholic substances, he may become slightly inebriated. After this fact, he will often post messages of a nature construed as not being the norm. This could include comments intent to derride comedic or droll value from knowledge either already public or specific to the subject. This is often called "trolling". By his statement, he suggests that this could be a frequent occurance, although the time frame is not specified.

He then draws confidence that his posts, whilst created in this stance, are considered to be humourous and encourage mirth in their respective appreciation.

Clear as mud?

this works.

• Members

I haven't noticed the uptick in trashing, but I tend to avoid controversial threads. I do not come in here to fight, so I guess I agree with you.

I've learned to do this the hard way. I always feel like a fool when I am dragged into such things. Like any forums we have our share if misinformed over-generalizations and flaming. If I responded to every idiotic post, I would have to quit my job.

• Members
That ain't real tube testosterone, that's digitally MODELLED testosterone. And Gary's totally right, of course.

*back into character*

EDIT: Note to our Amurkan friends -- this has been a staged re-enactment of a classic old-fashioned English pub barney not involving weapons. Now becoming increasingly obsolete.

'OO are ya!

You WOT!

:thu:

• Members
I was just recently observing that it's been getting a little more civil lately. I guess it's all a matter of perception.

:idk:

+1

I'd say HCEF has become really quite mild mannered recently: Clark Kent to HCAF's Lex Luther. There are other fora I visit where you can cut the hate with a knife sometimes. :(

• Members
+1

I'd say HCEF has become really quite mild mannered recently: Clark Kent to HCAF's Lex Luther. There are other fora I visit where you can cut the hate with a knife sometimes.
:(

A knife?

Sorry, all weapons to be checked at the door. Fist-fights only, please ...

• Members

*back into character*

throw a few "ya wankers!" in there for the aussie version

• Members
yes.

sometimes I come here, read the first thread that grabs my attention and the generell stupidity of the replies forces me to close the browser.

too many ppl with issues here...
:rolleyes:

I agree with you, I shut the thread down when it starts getting silly but what really gets me is the attitude of "I'm right and you're wrong that exists here". I take no pleasure in correcting someone when they have erred but others lap it up with a spoon and it's almost like they enjoy being superior. I find that very disturbing and indicative of a serious personality disorder.

I guess I'm not cut out for this forum even though I enjoy good guitar talk. On Open Jam at least the flaming is funny and never that serious.

ps. The replies so far were exactly what I expected.

• Members

Thing that pisses me off about this place over the last eight to twelve months or so - and the main reason I visit way les often than I used to - has been the OJification of the whole place. Regularly, at least half of the first page EG threads are OT; often everything on page 1 at GJ is way OT.

(Weirdly enough, the other day on the politics thrad I even saw a topic about amps...).

Obviously this place evolved in such a way that people tend to hang out in one or two 'rooms' and ask all their questions there - hence bass stuff in EGs, amp questions in EG, etc. IMO what this place really needs is some serious top-level management to sort the whole mess out.

Ironically, when it was bought out by the big music store chain, I had expected things to tighten up a lot, not devolve into even more of a free for all!

• Members

I agree with you, I shut the thread down when it starts getting silly but what really gets me is the attitude of "I'm right and you're wrong that exists here". I take no pleasure in correcting someone when they have erred but others lap it up with a spoon and it's almost like they enjoy being superior. I find that very disturbing and indicative of a serious personality disorder.

I guess I'm not cut out for this forum even though I enjoy good guitar talk. On Open Jam at least the flaming is funny and never that serious.

ps. The replies so far were exactly what I expected.

Pretty much 100% right on with that observation. Shame too because at any given time a individual will give a wealth of information in a post. Then the very next post will be someone nit-picking a mute point. Then in reality what happens is it totally invalidates everything that was correct?

Your right its very disturbing. But I have also noticed that it depends on when you chose to come here Tom. For example I rarely am here at this time of day anymore. I'm usually here late at night now. And at that time I've found this place to be very different. There are the same members here and a much smaller amount. I don't notice this late at night. I see members being sincerely considerate of others feelings then. As much drinking or whatever that takes place in the wee hours, and as many {censored}-Yous that are going around. Its really coming from a different place. And I've noticed than when someone gets serious over whatever issue may be bothering them. That the attitude becomes genuine concern and seriousness.

And you know what, I don't want t invalidate what your saying by playing down what goes on here late at night by speaking on the prevailing attitude that exists then!

I think there is just a lack of controll during the day hours because of the amount of members here and how impersonal this place becomes at these times?

I could be way off, again I'm just talking off the top of my head.

• Members

Thing that pisses me off about this place over the last eight to twelve months or so - and the main reason I visit way les often than I used to - has been the OJification of the whole place. Regularly, at least half of the first page EG threads are OT; often
everything
on page 1 at GJ is way OT.

(Weirdly enough, the other day on the politics thrad I even saw a topic about amps...).

Obviously this place evolved in such a way that people tend to hang out in one or two 'rooms' and ask all their questions there - hence bass stuff in EGs, amp questions in EG, etc. IMO what this place really needs is some serious top-level management to sort the whole mess out.

Ironically, when it was bought out by the big music store chain, I had expected things to tighten up a lot, not devolve into even more of a free for all!

This is an excellent observation also. Maybe the answer is a Free For All Room. Then to keep the Topic Areas strickly on topic?

• Members
i thought it was clear, but i'm an english speaking nerd.

I read it again and, for some strange reason, I understood quite clearly the second time... :o Sorry! :facepalm: I think the (absence of) punctuation threw me off a bit... :poke: :D

Archived