NGD!! Explorer GC deal $324

ksguitars

• Members

Swung by GC on my way home. Asked one of the sale people thier about the Explorers and if they had any over the weekend. He said that they had some but they never even hit the floor. The employees that worked thier bought them with thier discount for working there and got an even lower deal! :cop:

• Members

Congrats to all who got this deal! I knew this place would go nuts from my original posting on this sweet deal, and now we have a bunch of new explorer owners.....

I'm glad they are in the hands of harmony central forum members rather than........but I think whoever got more than 1 should sell to those who missed out

I myself bought 1, and decided others should share in this amazing opportunity!

• Members
Congrats to all who got this deal! I knew this place would go nuts from my original posting on this sweet deal, and now we have a bunch of new explorer owners.....

I'm glad they are in the hands of harmony central forum members rather than........but I think whoever got more than 1 should sell to those who missed out

I myself bought 1, and decided others should share in this amazing opportunity!

Happy New Explorer Day! :thu:

... and I wish I would have seen the Jensen P12N you were selling sooner. :(

• Members
Swung by GC on my way home. Asked one of the sale people thier about the Explorers and if they had any over the weekend. He said that they had some but they never even hit the floor. The employees that worked thier bought them with thier discount for working there and got an even lower deal!
:cop:

I own some retail stores(marine industry). When we have major cloe outs like that on popular stuff my employees are no allowed to gobble them up instantly. Its not fair for our customers. I came up with a 3 day rule as follows: If the item on sale is still there after 7 days of it going on sale then they can buy what they want but before then they can not purchase it. If they want they can have a friend come in a purchase it but they would not get their employee discount then so they have to pay what every one else pays. I find that this makes everything fair becaue if my employees purchased all my GOOD deals up then my customers would have no reason to come in and shop ya know?

{censored}in GC employees are mostly idiots. Just from my experience. One of the funny things is that no matter what GC I go in the employees all look the same. There is always a punk kid and metal kid and old roady dude and etc! ha.

• Members

I just called my GC to try and score one, and he said there aren't any left in the country. There were a couple that showed up in their system, but after calling those stores, they said they didn't have any. :( Oh well, I didn't need one anyway. Congrats to those that gobbled them up!

• Members
I just called my GC to try and score one, and he said there aren't any left in the country. There were a couple that showed up in their system, but after calling those stores, they said they didn't have any.
:(
Oh well, I didn't need one anyway. Congrats to those that gobbled them up!

Thanks for the update. I'm sure this is for the best, as I don't need a new guitar, and I've never really wanted an explorer...just hard to pass up an obvious good deal!

• Members
Agreed, I just couldn't swallow $176 for a case...I'll order one from somewhere or another. In my haste and excitement, I forgot a stand
:facepalm:

i could only buy with the case, GC said package deal for 500. so i rationalized it by thinking the guitar is actually still a good deal to me at 400 and then that brought the case down to 100.

100 is a great deal for a gibson hard shell case and i'm happy.

they were selling these for 599.00 at the last sale so another 100 off is sweet

• Members
wow even nicer. you, i think, got the best deal on the explorer!

Yeah, but I bought it just cause it was a deal. I've got an offer to trade it for an 04' Les Paul Studio. Thinking of doing it since I'm on a LP kick, but I have 2 LP's already but not a Studio. :idk:

I should probably keep it.

• Members

i could only buy with the case, GC said package deal for 500. so i rationalized it by thinking the guitar is actually still a good deal to me at 400 and then that brought the case down to 100.

100 is a great deal for a gibson hard shell case and i'm happy.

they were selling these for 599.00 at the last sale so another 100 off is sweet

My local GC tried to tell me that too...but i called another store that actually had one and they sold it and shipped it without the case..

The guy at my local GC was going to get me the same price off their website, but he said if i ordered one from the website it had to be purchased with a case..

Archived