RAFFLE for Alley Trash (great prizes) He needs our help!

seven58

• Members
Will do..

The only problem I was thinking; was if a Euro won them. No telling what it'd cost me to ship...

Let's stop worrying about a 'Euro' winning, there are not many of us and as I have said I would pay the extra for postage if it was me. Lets keep focused on raising some $ here :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I have an idea for international shipping...

Anyone even have a clue how much shipping a guitar over seas would be with packing, insurance etc?

We could just pay for it out of the raffle money.

I am sure we are going to do quite well for Alley by the time this is over, and we ARE saving the second paypal hit by sending money orders to Alley instead of paypaling it.

We could use some of that "saved" money for the shipping charges if one of our brothers(or sisters) over seas wins it............ IF it isnt just absolutley rediculously expensive to do so.

No worries. :thu:

• Members
Thanks sixtydriver. Are you in Afghanistan now or going? Either way that make you straight up crazy awesome... and {censored} as well.
:thu::wave:

Goin. Next week. Supposed to go last week but I'm not complaining a bit. I think my room at the Jalalabad Hilton was probably not ready.:thu:

• Members

Goin. Next week. Supposed to go last week but I'm not complaining a bit. I think my room at the Jalalabad Hilton was probably not ready.
:thu:

Hey, Six, just remember, when you are over there doin what you do, there actually ARE those of us over here that think about you guys every single day and what you are doing for us and your country. I know after a while, it can start to seem just like a job to some of you, but you really are special people.

You went out of your way and voluntarily put yourself in harms way, for your country, your beliefs, your faith, your famly, friends, and your buddies that you stand with on a day to day basis.

We know you also do it to uphold the freedom that keeps a place like this forum alive and ready and waiting for you when ever you need it. I, for one, dont take it for granted, and I know there are millions of people just like me that appreciate the hell out of it.

So, go over there, fire up that whirly bird, crank up some AC/DC, and kick some ass!! And never forget we are thinking about you guys(and gals).

• Members

hey dave any chance of getting a rolling total and the names of those who donated, so everyone can make sure you got there donation? just asking

Dave and I will work on this well enough and way before the raffle ends so everyone can make sure their entry is correct. But I think I can speak for Dave too, that we both have a million and one things going on. Jobs, family, obligations and hell, even picking up a guitar every once in a while make it tough to keep up with these things on the spot. I'm late for a dinner now with the wife's family. :facepalm:

• Members

Dave and I will work on this well enough and way before the raffle ends so everyone can make sure their entry is correct. But I think I can speak for Dave too, that we both have a million and one things going on. Jobs, family, obligations and hell, even picking up a guitar every once in a while make it tough to keep up with these things on the spot.
:facepalm:

Yeah, the total is right around 845.00 so far.

As far as the names list, it is going to takle me at least a couple of hours just to catch it up to what we have so far.

I will get to it, because once I get it going, it will be easier to maintain, but I wont be able to catch it up for a while. Maybe today, maybe tomorrow, but there will be plaenty of time before the dawing to make sure all the donations, money, entries, and matching names are accounted for.

• Members

Yeah, the total is right around 845.00 so far.

As far as the names list, it is going to takle me at least a couple of hours just to catch it up to what we have so far.

I will get to it, because once I get it going, it will be easier to maintain, but I wont be able to catch it up for a while. Maybe today, maybe tomorrow, but there will be plaenty of time before the dawing to make sure all the donations, money, entries, and matching names are accounted for.

I might be able to take a few hours out of my busy schedule to help with the names.

Send me a PM with info.

Thing is, I'm allotted only an hour a day on the library PC, but I'll do what I can this weekend, if you like.

• Members

I might be able to take a few hours out of my busy schedule to help with the names.

Send me a PM with info.

Thing is, I'm allotted only an hour a day on the library PC, but I'll do what I can this weekend, if you like.

Naw, thanks anyway. But I have to look everything up one by one, and I cvan just as easily make the list as I do that as it would be for me to send you all that info. It is no big deal. I can take care of it, no problem. I just cant get to it tonight.

Thanks anyway though.

• Members

OK!
Let's get this party started!

I'm throwing this Spectacular Danelectro Hodad 12 String guitar into the raffle prize pot!

It's in great condition and plays nicely with good action. The varitone knob and lipstick pickups make for a wide variety of sounds!

It even comes with an incredibly retro kischy, very well padded gig bag!

C'mon, you KNOW you want it!

Pop for a raffle ticket (or 5) and this could be yours!

Dano-hodad.jpg

• Members

I'm throwing this Spectacular Danelectro Hodad 12 String guitar into the raffle prize pot!

It's in great condition and plays nicely with good action. The varitone knob and lipstick pickups make for a wide variety of sounds!

Dano-hodad.jpg

Okay, I'm getting in. *goes to reread thread and donation info*

• Members

Dano-hodad.jpg

Good God, that's a sweet prize!

• Members

There's now TWO guitars up for grabs!

Everybody can afford 5 bucks! Let's pop the top off this thing!

Here's a chance to help a great guy who has helped ALOT of us out, and have a chance to win some great prizes!

You KNOW Alley would do it for you! :D
If you don't know that, I'm telling you, he would.

Talked to him tonight, he sounds better.

But he's facing a new place to live, and all the bills that entails, and getting his shop set back up. And even after a generous cash injection, he's tight.

We can't help his heartache. We can offer him our support as friends, letting him know that there are people who care about him.

But we can help this great guy get back on his feet! It's as if his life was hit by a hurricane and everything was taken away!

He's put up flyers in every town within 20 miles of where he is, offering his carpentry, logging, painting, plastering, plumbing and other general handyman skills. He IS DOING what he can with what he has! He's a WORKER!

This man has heart, and you'll be blessed if you can count him as a friend!

Can you maybe sell something you don't use anymore and buy a couple of raffle tickets?

If you win nothing, you've at least helped a friend, uncluttered your life, and sold something to a happy new buyer.

But if YOU WIN? :eek:

HoBoy!

There's not just two guitars on the line (one of them a premium NEW one!). There's miscellaneous stuff that people throw in the pot!

Let's see them raffle tickets fly!

And if you have something to donate to the raffle, contact Marc at the gmail address in the first post.

TNKS

Archived