RAFFLE for Alley Trash (great prizes) He needs our help!

seven58

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So has anybody spoken to Alley lately?
I am one of the people that has been waiting for a guitar from Alley bought during the Balthazar fundraiser some months ago. He donated an SX if someone would pledge 99.00 for balth. I decided to have him do a whole upgrade and sent money for stuff from GFS and for labor. Unfortunately that is about when the {censored} hit the fan.
I am glad we raised some money for him and I contributed to this as well, but eventually I would like to recoup the few hundred I put into original deal.
Hence my question. I am sure someone is in contact.
I have spoken a few times on the phone, but I really don't want to bother him.

• Members

I haven't spoken to Alley directly, but I know he is still working hard to get back on his feet. I know it is important for him to get everything out to everyone. You have had gracious patience. I am sure when Alley is able he will take care of you. I wish I had something more.

• Members

Popping in to say happy new year to all & a tond of thanks too! Its hectic. I've got somelocal work & getting up to speed on what I can. I'mnowhere near being completely solvent yet, but with the help you guys supplied, I do feel much better about how long it will be taking me to get there & consider myself VERY (very very) blessed!

My ups account is paid off now & I can start shipping again. Sorry tht part took so long, but there was a lot to try and cover a little at a time by bits & pieces here & there once my dust had settled.

Again, I feel that you guys (and gals!) have been the greatest blessing I could have had while all this was going on!

Hope everyone is having a blessed new year themselves!

• Members
Popping in to say happy new year to all & a tond of thanks too! Its hectic. I've got somelocal work & getting up to speed on what I can. I'mnowhere near being completely solvent yet, but with the help you guys supplied, I do feel much better about how long it will be taking me to get there & consider myself VERY (very very) blessed!

My ups account is paid off now & I can start shipping again. Sorry tht part took so long, but there was a lot to try and cover a little at a time by bits & pieces here & there once my dust had settled.

Again, I feel that you guys (and gals!) have been the greatest blessing I could have had while all this was going on!

take care and hang in there Alley !!! :thu:

• Members

Nice to see you popping in. I look forward to when you are able to be more regular again. Take care of yourself Alley.

• Members

Guys, let me give you a little insight into Alley's situation.

Without getting too specific, it's improving but still a long LONG way from ideal. He left his previous life with not much more than his clothes, and boxes full of guitar parts. His workshop and most of his other posessions had to be left behind.

He's living with a friend temporarily until he can get his life sorted out. Work is hard to come by. He's found some here and there, but it's not a steady paycheck. Without a vehicle, he has to hitchhike to jobs -- in freezing temperatures.

But he's getting by, because of his faith and strength of character.

Alley knows that he owes some people here guitars. I happen to be one of them. He's chipping away at them the best he can. But it's been an uphill battle, to say the least, without a workshop.

Though I have no doubt he'll honor his obligations, it's taking longer than anyone would like. I'd just ask for continued patience. I look at it this way -- any troubles I have pale in comparison to what Alley's been through.

• Members

I got the crap that Alley owed me, but he came across it while going thru the boxes, and shipping it away, made it easier on him.

For those where he is doing work on the guitar, it's gonna take longer. And he is facing a challenge just going thru the boxes.

With that, things are found almost according to chance.

I would hope that if he owed you something, you could just think of it as having something on loan to a friend. A friend you trust.

I still don't think I said that right. I hope you can get it.

And Alley we're all pulling for you!

• Members

sorry if my previous post seemed too brief to some. I do owe you guys a lot (a few tons) of thanks! I just didin't want any explination I gave to sound more like compaining & boo hooing. I have surely been blessed lately!

My previous work place was a 36' X 48' shop with a new furnace I installed 3 years ago, a seperate spray booth, heated drying area, seperate wood working area & 24' of bench with 24' of peg board with organized parts at my disposal. With tunes blaring all day, I could turn out 4 guitrs a week very comfortably.

curretnly, I have an 8x10 corner of a garage with boxes piled in it & a small bedroom where I am doing my assemblies. This is NOT a complaint. I am lucky to have fallen into the place I am at for now, otherwise I would not have any way to get by at all. BUt when my friend & his wife are around, I try to stay pretty invisible & not get on their nerves. thismeans no dust or paint fumes in the garage & no music in the bedroom. When they are not here, then the tunes are blaring of course! When they are not here, I sleep on the couch, so I don't have to clear what ever parts I am going through off of my bed at night. Little by little I am getting through stuff & getting the last of my projects finished up. SOmetimes something does stay on hold for lack of parts that I haven't located yet.

I've also been pounding the pavement for local work & doing that when ever possible to keep chipping away at thebills that followed me out of my previous shop & home. (funny how that always seems to work in someone elses favor!)

Anyway, none of this is a complaint, just a better explination of me seemeing slow to respond on things. I do hitch hike to work when I find it, but I am still blessed to have found it! And each day I am thankfull that I have a really warm jacket & can arrive free of frost bite! HOw much luckier can one person be!

I would surely love to jump right into another shop & get things going full steam ahead again. BUt it will probably be at least 3 or 4 months before I am financially solvent & able to do so. But again, I consider myself blessed & very lucky to have what I do have for now & am chipping away at the future a little at a time each day. (and night)

Thanks again for all the help you people have befriended me with. that is something that I feel very blessed to have found... the friendship & caring that I got here is the best that I could have ever hoped for this winter & I AM a lot more thankfull than my lack of posting might show right now.

• Members

sorry if my previous post seemed too brief to some. I do owe you guys a lot (a few tons) of thanks! I just didin't want any explination I gave to sound more like compaining & boo hooing. I have surely been blessed lately!

My previous work place was a 36' X 48' shop with a new furnace I installed 3 years ago, a seperate spray booth, heated drying area, seperate wood working area & 24' of bench with 24' of peg board with organized parts at my disposal. With tunes blaring all day, I could turn out 4 guitrs a week very comfortably.

curretnly, I have an 8x10 corner of a garage with boxes piled in it & a small bedroom where I am doing my assemblies. This is NOT a complaint. I am lucky to have fallen into the place I am at for now, otherwise I would not have any way to get by at all. BUt when my friend & his wife are around, I try to stay pretty invisible & not get on their nerves. thismeans no dust or paint fumes in the garage & no music in the bedroom. When they are not here, then the tunes are blaring of course! When they are not here, I sleep on the couch, so I don't have to clear what ever parts I am going through off of my bed at night. Little by little I am getting through stuff & getting the last of my projects finished up. SOmetimes something does stay on hold for lack of parts that I haven't located yet.

I've also been pounding the pavement for local work & doing that when ever possible to keep chipping away at thebills that followed me out of my previous shop & home. (funny how that always seems to work in someone elses favor!)

Anyway, none of this is a complaint, just a better explination of me seemeing slow to respond on things. I do hitch hike to work when I find it, but I am still blessed to have found it! And each day I am thankfull that I have a really warm jacket & can arrive free of frost bite! HOw much luckier can one person be!

I would surely love to jump right into another shop & get things going full steam ahead again. BUt it will probably be at least 3 or 4 months before I am financially solvent & able to do so. But again, I consider myself blessed & very lucky to have what I do have for now & am chipping away at the future a little at a time each day. (and night)

Thanks again for all the help you people have befriended me with. that is something that I feel very blessed to have found... the friendship & caring that I got here is the best that I could have ever hoped for this winter & I AM a lot more thankfull than my lack of posting might show right now.

Alley, you are a class act. It is an honor to know you. Your positive attitude should be a lesson to us all.

• Members

My goodness, Alley. I respect your positive attitude and your appreciation of the necessities over the luxuries. I just can't imagine how someone as good and generous as you could ever be put in such a situation.

I was pretty confused over that for quite a while too! But I think I have it broken down to an understandable level now. The simple version is "bad match up". If I care about someone, then I put all their needs before my own. In a perfect situation, that person would be doing the same. Then it's easy to take on the world together, because you've got each others needs covered. I just happen to have been with someone who decided to worry about themselves more than they worried about me & I never realized it. Once you take off the rose colored glasses that you've been viewing them through, then it does get easier to see. That part just took me too long.

Someone else explained it to me, so I'll use their words here. They said that "because I care so much & love so deep, I tend to view the world through a childs eyes & only see the good in people. When you are unable to understand that they have some bad in them too, then it is really easy to get blind sided."

I guess everyone has both good AND bad in them. If you're a passionate person, then most likely you don't have the free will that some people do, to just flip over to bad when it's best for yourself. Life hands everyone plenty of things to be angry & bitter about. But if you can figure out how to keep those emotions out of your heart, then that leaves a lot more room for love in there. It's kind of like being on "auto-inflate". If you do what ever it takes to empty your heart of anger, bitterness & resentment, then love & passion can fill up that space.

Most people reading this might do that with guitar. When your sad you play some blues & when you're mad, you pound out barr chords. WHat ever it takes to get rid of the residue from the world coming at you will help! I do pray. I was not afraid to ask the Lord to help me get the anger bitterness & resentment out of my heart. If you're Native American, then it would be The Great Spirit. Maybe it's Buddah for some. If you're athiest, then it's Kharma? I don't know. I just know that I would rather be happy than sad, angered & resentfull.

It will be a lot easier for me to continue looking at the rest of the world with compassion if I don't let what just happened to me build up a crusty residue around my heart, so I'm just choosing to focus on what's good in my life rather than what's "missing" right now.

Thanks again everyone for the help! That is actually the biggest blessing I have had in a long long time!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

"If I care about someone, then I put all their needs before my own. In a perfect situation, that person would be doing the same. Then it's easy to take on the world together, because you've got each others needs covered."

"Life hands everyone plenty of things to be angry & bitter about. But if you can figure out how to keep those emotions out of your heart, then that leaves a lot more room for love in there. It's kind of like being on "auto-inflate". If you do what ever it takes to empty your heart of anger, bitterness & resentment, then love & passion can fill up that space."

hey, your are a good man, to know and write these feelings. I have been there too .as a woman, a mom, the nurturing and putting everyones needs before mine is something i just do.perhaps too much.since i was a kid. my downfall, being too nice. finally i have a relationship that does not take advantage of my good nature. I met my true love 1 year ago.. I am 47 and it took that long to learn and find him.Slow learner!. I had a bad marriage to a selfish man with some domestic violence,(he died AIDS but i have a great son) there was a short 6 month relationship with me working myself sick, literally,to support a dead beat and more DV me and son fleeing to my mothers with a few clothes!! Man, I learned the hard way...I was beginning to think all men sucked. then years alone with a heart of stone. till i met Bryan :)

life sure is interesting...the hard parts are over. did my learning, now i can live happy and with love... i have someone special i can count on now.

best of luck to you..spring will come soon and lighten the load..

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I have to say I spent about an hour yesterday reading through this thread and that is what inspired me to joing HC. Looks like you have a really solid group of people here.

There are some GREAT people here. You will run into the trolls as Gilgators mentioned. Just keep the people in this thread in mind when you come across a troll and remind yourself trolls are the exception... not the rule. Welcome aboard.

Archived