RAFFLE for Alley Trash (great prizes) He needs our help!

seven58

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm in for Alley.

Just saw this today as I'm not able to access a pc unless at a library which were all closed yesterday.

I'll donate my Morley Wah/Vol pedal since living in motel parking lots doesn't give me opportunity to use it. lol

Only thing is, I can't afford to pay for shipping with no income at present.

• Members
550HB_E.jpg

This pic is simply a great shot. I would like to see a picture of the setup for getting that pic. Also, not one smudge on the guitar. It seems like when I go for nice shots, I always end up finding at least one finger print.

That is a great shot.

It seems that Jay is a pretty good photographer as well.

Is that the Honeyburst, or Amber burst ?

• Members

I have a set of Hagstrom Custom 58' LP pick-ups,chrome covers in like new condition just removed from my Swede if this would be an acceptable prize? They do sound decent & would have been better if my pots were good but I just replaced everything so they are avail.,lmk

soundclips :
http://www.hagstromguitars.com/swede.html

Thanks. I will add the pickups to the prizes. Thanks for helping Alley Trash. :thu:

• Members

I'm in for Alley.

Just saw this today as I'm not able to access a pc unless at a library which were all closed yesterday.

I'll donate my Morley Wah/Vol pedal since living in motel parking lots doesn't give me opportunity to use it. lol

Only thing is, I can't afford to pay for shipping with no income at present.

I will add the pedal to the prize list. Thanks balthazar. I've wondered how you have been getting along. I hope you are doing well.

• Members

Here is an updated prize list... Please tell others in other forums and here about the raffle. Thanks.

THE PRIZES (so far): (updated 11/12/08 at 8:04pm)

Grand Prize: Brand New 2009 model Xaviere XV-550 Semi Hollowbody guitar and Xaviere hardshell case offered by GuitarFetish.com.

modded Boss DS-1 including shipping ("sounds wayyy better than stock" - from Gilgators

Stacked pedal or choice of $109 or lower (very cool stuff, check the site) - from pureanalogeffects.comhttp://pureanalogeffects.com

brand new Matched Pair Telecaster vintage Style Pickps, GFS blowout never installed - from blueshawk1

Hagstrom Custom 58' LP pick-ups,chrome covers in like new condition - from twisty571

Morley Wah/Vol pedal (winner pays shipping) - from balthazarr

• Members

I hope everybody gets on here and helps as much as possible. I know times seem tough right now, but this is a good person in real need. It may seem like you are poor because you dont have as much equity in your house, or your 401K went down by a bit in the last few months, but really....not much has changed as far as cash on hand for most folks. Hell, gas is cheaper than it was 6 months ago, the stores are throwing sales at us right now, we should have plenty of play money right now!!

Anyways, lets get serious about helping out someone in need.

• Members

Paypal sent Dave! I'll see if I can dig up some prizes also. Without sounding too corny. Where else would you find a group of knuckleheads that help each other out like this?!!!! Even though he's going through hard-times, I'm honored to be able to be helping Alley for a change. He is a great guy! And all you guys ain't so bad yourselves. Keep it coming.

Mike

• Members

Do you accept international donations? I don't live in the US but I wouldn't mind paying for shipping if needed.

Are you talking about donations of gear? Or just paypalling moolah for tickets?

If it is gear, then take into consideration shipping charges.

We made the tickest really inexpensive so everyone could take part without feeling too much of a pinch. If shipping of gear is going to be VERY expensive, we would rather see you contribute another way.

Anyone have any ideas, for international donators/contributers to participate without getting raped by paypal or shipping?

• Members

I hope everybody gets on here and helps as much as possible. I know times seem tough right now, but this is a good person in real need. It may seem like you are poor because you dont have as much equity in your house, or your 401K went down by a bit in the last few months, but really....not much has changed as far as cash on hand for most folks. Hell, gas is cheaper than it was 6 months ago, the stores are throwing sales at us right now, we should have plenty of play money right now!!

Anyways, lets get serious about helping out someone in need.

Brian's right. Times are tough right now.

If you own a house, and have lost equity - be thankful you have a house. If you have a 401K and its value has decreased - be thankful you have a 401K.

Alley's told me more than once he could live in a cave, if he had to. I believe him. But I hope it doesn't come to that.

He lives in the north, where winters can get really bad. When he had his guitar shop, he used to chop wood for a wood stove to keep it warm.

He knows the meaning of the words, "working for a living."

So to everyone who's contributed, either financially or with words of support, thank you. It's for a great guy who can really use it.

• Members

Well I donated to everyone of these always atleast $30 I am in the UK. If I ever won I would offer some $ paypall to help with postage.
To be honest its more about helping someone than winning

Bingo.

Good on ya, Mrrikki. Love your attitude. If you win something, I'll help pay your postage to the UK.

• Members

Are you talking about donations of gear? Or just paypalling moolah for tickets?

If it is gear, then take into consideration shipping charges.

We made the tickest really inexpensive so everyone could take part without feeling too much of a pinch. If shipping of gear is going to be VERY expensive, we would rather see you contribute another way.

Anyone have any ideas, for international donators/contributers to participate without getting raped by paypal or shipping?

I quoted the question and Dave's response because I thought it was a good one. My two cents... If you have a PayPal account and are making a donation then it should work fine. If you are mailing a donation the mailing might not be here before the end of the raffle. If it is about winning an item and you are willing to pay the shipping for something you win, I don't see a problem (doesn't mean there might not be one). But of course if you win an item that cost more to ship than it is worth, it doesn't make much sense.

Jay would have more knowledge and expertise on shipping a guitar internationally. But Jay is not expected to be held responsible for the fees or concerns of shipping a guitar internationally.

Long story short. If it is something that can work out relatively easy, then great. If it ends up being more trouble than it's worth, then no. I don't expect any of the people offering prizes to be held responsible for shipping items internationally. If you decide to donate, please donate knowing that it may not be something that will work out internationally. I hate not having a better answer. If anyone has any better info to add, please feel free.

Most of all, thanks for wanting to help.

Archived