Post pics of your uncommon/rare guitars

peavey_impact

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
That's an image finish isn't it? The inlays are very tasty.

it's painted... I believe(at least it looks like it anyway). the "swirl" job goes all around the guitar(headstock to match!) and doesn't appear to be an "image"... But, the inlays are what made me buy it!!!:thu:

• Members
Dunno, bought it that way. Is it routed only for the bridge bucker?

Btw, they're P-90's, not humbuckers.

pearlwstratswitchtipclonk1.jpg

Last time I checked, I think so. But it was a while ago and didnt spend much time looking or have much light.
Ill take a look in the morning.

2nd part,
Sorry, newb mistake. Is a P-90 (which Im starting to see a lot of) like a fat single (shape/function wise)?

• Members

Last time I checked, I think so. But it was a while ago and didnt spend much time looking or have much light.

Ill take a look in the morning.

2nd part,

Sorry, newb mistake. Is a P-90 (which Im starting to see a lot of) like a fat single (shape/function wise)?

Kind of like a halfway point between a regular single coil and a bucker, tone wise. A very cool sound to my ears, sweet, yet very raunchy.

Still is technically a single coil, so it will still hum.

I beleive Gibson is credited with inventing them?

• Members

Kind of like a halfway point between a regular single coil and a bucker, tone wise. A very cool sound to my ears, sweet, yet very raunchy.

Still is technically a single coil, so it will still hum.

I beleive Gibson is credited with inventing them?

Yes, prior to inventing the humbucker (Seth Lover, I think) P-90's were sorta the standard-issue Gibson pickup, including on the original Les Pauls. Now just about everyone has a version.

Many guitars come with a set that features one of the pickups "reverse-wound/reverse-polarity" (often abbreviated rw/rp) so that when both pickups are on there is hum-cancelling between the 2.

• Members
_6MB2631.jpg

Strat, the prototype. Built in late 53 and given to my father in 54. Leo Fender photographed this guitar and those pictures appear on pages 127 & 132 of Richard Smiths book "Fender, the sound heard around the world"

JMPRO

Apart from the Gibson 55 Les Paul prototype with wrapover bridge and humbuckers that Strat is the winner on this thread or any other come to that. Thanks for showing to us.

• Members
After 20 odd years of playing and some subtle mods:

01l.jpg
02l.jpg
03l.jpg
05l.jpg

That thing is cool as hell! I see you have the Wilkinson WK5 bridge on there. Did you add that or did it come stock? My Starfield has the same bridge (except the baseplate is black) and I've never seen one for sale separately.

• Members

In the front is a Valley Arts Baritone Esquire. Got this in a trade with a forumite. I love it.

P1010002.jpg

Carvin CTs. Not rare, but the black matte finish was at one time unique :D

P1010004-1.jpg

Couple of oddballs in this pic. Note the Jagermeister guitar, the lefty tele, the Ibanez doubleneck, and the Electromatic Bo Diddly.

P1010003-3.jpg

Got two of these too:

P1010006-3.jpg

...and of these...

P1010008-6.jpg

The Jager again, what we've nailed down as a 70 SG (transition model, has volute, but not the square inlays), and a handmade (not by me) solid rosewood tele.

P1010002-10.jpg

• Members

That thing is cool as hell! I see you have the Wilkinson WK5 bridge on there. Did you add that or did it come stock? My Starfield has the same bridge (except the baseplate is black) and I've never seen one for sale separately.

No, it's an add - I had a Steinberger trem on before and the original before that (which is why I inlayed the flame maple - to hide all the damage). It actually came as the hardtail version of the Fishman Powerbridge and has Fishman branding on it. I eventually got tired of replacing Fishman saddles due to piezo elements dying, and swapped out the saddles for Graph Tech Ghost.

• Members

There are lots of Schecter Tempests around, but most are arch-tops with humbuckers. Tempest Specials, not so much:

207025704_4ce5ab591f_o.jpg

I think these flat-tops with P-90's were only in production a couple years. Came in cherry and TVY.

:wave:

bad pic

Picture003-4.jpg

Then there's this

DSC08510-1.jpg

Archived