Post pics of your uncommon/rare guitars

peavey_impact

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

84 gibson. not sure what model.best answer i got on here was a modded challenger.my nephew who gave me the "thing" said he thought it was a invader.havnt had time to really research it,but any way....

• Members

84 gibson. not sure what model.best answer i got on here was a modded challenger.my nephew who gave me the "thing" said he thought it was a invader.havnt had time to really research it,but any way....

:thu: get some pickups for it.

if you're going for single coils, i have a pair of DiMarzio red velvets if that interests you any.

• Members

Framus guitars are rare around here, especially a 1966 acoustic

Framus.jpg

Speaking of "uncommon" guitars,

My Wilson Brothers VM-75

WilsonBrosVM-75.jpg

And back to rare and a fave of mine

This is a 1983 Les Paul Studio (Custom Shop Edition). A lot of guitar books don't even acknowledge that the Studio was made before '84. Note the dot inlay, body & fretboard binding, and nickel hardware.

Lester65.jpg

This molded case now looks odd

Lester001.jpg

"Custom Shop Edition" Insignia (sorry for the blur)

Lester003.jpg

• Members

it had some dead ibanez buckers in a plexi glass pickguard that my nephew made when he gave it to me.you can see it laying to the side in one of the pics.....i quickly got rid of that......was saving up for some pickups.might be interested in the dimarzio's.let me research them alittle so i can get a better idea what they sound like......i was wanting a rail or some sort of single sized bucker for the bridge cause i never really liked s/c in the bridge,but may change my mind just to have something different since my other 3 guitars are dual hb

• Members

And back to rare and a fave of mine

This is a 1983 Les Paul Studio (Custom Shop Edition). A lot of guitar books don't even acknowledge that the Studio was made before '84. Note the dot inlay, body & fretboard binding, and nickel hardware.

Lester65.jpg

That is very cool. I love plain top LP's and I prefer dot inlays to anything else. But my LP's really need to have binding. I didn't know they made anything that fit that description.

Here is mine, kind of uncommon. Another forumite had one, but I beleive he sold it. Fender MIM Palo Escrito Tele. Very nice guitar, totally stock sounds awesome. A bit darker than most teles I have played. I wonder if that has anything to do with the Palo Escrito top (not a veneer).

SDC10009-1.jpg

SDC10010.jpg

SDC10011.jpg

HPIM6590.jpg

• Members

it had some dead ibanez buckers in a plexi glass pickguard that my nephew made when he gave it to me.you can see it laying to the side in one of the pics.....i quickly got rid of that......was saving up for some pickups.might be interested in the dimarzio's.let me research them alittle so i can get a better idea what they sound like......i was wanting a rail or some sort of single sized bucker for the bridge cause i never really liked s/c in the bridge,but may change my mind just to have something different since my other 3 guitars are dual hb

no problem. shoot a pm if you're interested.

• Members

All of my guitars are your common fenders, gibsons, gretsch, and two custom made, but......

GEDC0063.jpg
2854526332_834cdc41b1.jpg
2853691643_5f9bd963bc.jpg

Only seen three other ones ever.

It's an EMEX (European Music Express) Londaxe.

Not much info on it that I can find, but from what I've gathered it was designed by Jerry Auerswald, but is czech made. The shape obviously makes it stand out, but there's also a bottle opener on the headstock (!) and a zero fret..everything else isn't too out of the ordinary. sounds a lot like a telecaster in my opinion. some high quality parts on it like the sperzel tuners, but the overall build quality was a bit questionable...got it fixed up and it is great now.

• Members

Is it some kind of Framus?

Nope, it's an F, built by Canadian luthier George Furlanetto. F Basses are a particularly beloved boutique make; they've got incredibly thin-flat necks (think: Ibanez Wizard), though, so I can't play them without my hand cramping up.

That guitar is {censored}ing sexy.

Archived