Did anyone catch The Big Bang Theory last night?

DeepEnd

• Members
Are you sure it's not a Crafter or a Bihn? smiley-wink

Variety says he makes in "the mid six-figure range, [up] from around $100,000 per episode in recent years." (http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/big-bang-theory-contracts-1201276350/). Various sites give his net worth as $5-25,000,000. I doubt he'd be satisfied with a Crafter or even a Bihn. sm-wink

• Members
The name on the headstock was blurred out...why do they have to do that?

I noticed that too. It looked like there was a sticker or something over the "Taylor" name. I assumed it was for legal/copyright reasons but I don't really know. He could have put it on there himself for some reason. Still, if you know guitars it's pretty clearly a Taylor.

• Members

Sure looks like a Taylor. Bridge and all.

Looks like they put a sticker over the name on the head-stock.

I tried to pin it down a bit on which model, by the shiny head stock, sunburst color, neck inlays and body, but I really have a few things I need to get done.

I have never seen the show, but it was online

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_bang_theory/video/03C01953-AE42-7574-3E67-49DBF9179908/the-big-bang-theory-the-2003-approximation/

fetch?id=31614469

• Members
. . . I tried to pin it down a bit on which model' date=' by the shiny head stock, sunburst color, neck inlays and body, but I really have a few things I need to get done. . . .[/quote']

It's a 600 series based on the rosette and position markers, and the X14 Grand Auditorium body shape is their most popular so it's a good guess IMHO. Here's a for sure pic of a 614ce for comparison:

fetch?id=31614525

Nice guitar. Sitka/maple, typical retail around $3200 new. As for the sticker over the name, the Martin name on Andy Griffith's D18 was covered as well. Must be a TV thing.

• Members
Dang' date='Deep...you are going back a bit quoting Andy Griffithsmiley-veryhappy...I bet they would have to pay Taylor to show the name. Thats why the sticker.[/quote']

Probably. Personally, I'd think it would be free advertising for Taylor but what do I know? As for Andy Griffith, there haven't been that many TV shows that featured guitars on a regular basis and I couldn't remember if the Monkees had the brand names of the guitars obscured or not. I don't think they did and all the images I can find that show them playing instruments feature what appear to be Gretsch products with the name uncovered.

• Members

It's a 600 series based on the rosette and position markers, and the X14 Grand Auditorium body shape is their most popular so it's a good guess IMHO. Here's a for sure pic of a 614ce for comparison:

fetch?id=31614525

Nice guitar. Sitka/maple, typical retail around $3200 new. As for the sticker over the name, the Martin name on Andy Griffith's D18 was covered as well. Must be a TV thing.

I've not seen The Big Bang Theory but I have seen lots of Taylors.

I've seen lots of Crafters too:

Crafter GAE650 $1000

http://www.crafterusa.com/#!product/prd14/4041116801/gae-650-tm-vsb

1/3rd of the price and just as good.

Archived