Collapse
No announcement yet.

inspirations

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my day Ace Frehley was the man. Page and Hendrix had already made their mark (which I wouldn't realize until later in life). My 13 year old was awed by Kurt Cobain. It's kind of weird that Kurt Cobain would be looked at as any kind of guitar hero because he really wasn't. Great songwriter though...

Comment

The existence of the vagina.

I think you're probably right and Cobain is high up there. I remember reading somewhere that guitar sales went through the roof during the whole "grunge" explosion, so that would make sense.

Now it might actually be John Mayer.
      Good transactions: warriorpoet, lowbrow, Puckman, BlackHatHunter, DracoAran, brianeharmonjr, natasmi, id-man, nbabmf, Splendor, angelhair0, d_dave_c, dcindc (x2), dogbone94, chiro972, coolwaterz, Radiohead, lol (x2), roadscholar, Hammer97e, teleman, torgeot, metalhead666666, zakadams, tincob, Doctor Morbius, HanSolo, danhauk, bennnintexas, Overwhelmed987, The Bear, 9-Pin-Phoenix, Dmerge, D34dBaWx, TomCray, Timmott, Tupelo Son, dogfish, ae3753, Gearhunter, virtuzoso, Meowy, RooSTER-b, mrbrown49

Comment

Leo Fender
        1 Jay Turser JTLT standard
        1 Vox AD30VT
        1 Alvarez Koa Acoustic
        No job, 3 kids, a wife, and a mountain of debt.

Comment

The Beatles more than anyone.

And there still doing it.

+1 for the Beatles- and I'm not a huge fan!
          Loud 'n' Proud member of the Mazi Bee Militia - "It don't matter what brand it is, as long as it's playable" - NO ESTEBANS PLEASE!
          Member of the SG ARMY
          Grand Poobah of the Oddball Brigade
          Always looking for Jammers in Jersey! PM me if interested! My styles are classic rock and jam bands.

Comment

Frank Zappa, Euroboy and Robert Fripp.
            Originally Posted by Motorik

If I were a boxer my walk-in music would be 'Do You Really Wanna Hurt Me?"

Originally Posted by vikingrat

America because we have more dead people on Mt Everest and we have Lake Tahoe which the native Asians believed to be the mouth way to hell. Also Blackmore, Malmsteen, Page, Hackett, Howe, Fripp etc were all born in America. Futhurmore the best bands to come out of the British Invasion wre Americans. We also have fat homeless people.

Comment

Leo Fender

You get an A+.

Comment

What inspires people to play guitar the most? The prospect of getting laid.
                BAND
                CRABCORE
                e-peen:

G&L ASAT Classic
                Fender American Roadhouse Strat
                ESP Hybrid II
                Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce Stage II
                Orange PPC412

Originally Posted by guitarbilly74

That thing tickling your throat? It's my cock in your mouth, suck it. Suck it good.

Comment

Unfortunately you nailed it there. Although it's hilarious when they find out they still need actual social skills.

Comment

EVH, Randy Rhoads, Jimi, Keef, Clapton, Page, Ace. Although for me it was that guy in the guitar shop with his wild hair and ugly Yamaha shredding away and throwing in some twang...">" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Good Deals With : Rand-o-monium, metalhead666666, dcindc, danhauk

Originally posted by aenemated
                    that costs less than like 3 hours of boozin on a tuesday

Nothin for sale.. but always lookin for a new number two....

Comment

For me and a lot of my friends it was actually David Gilmour of Pink Floyd. Yea I grew up listening to the Beatles, Clapton, Hendrix, but once I heard "Echoes" I wanted to learn guitar. I had been playing piano and bassoon for a while, so I loved the way he created melody within his guitar lines, it wasn't just some guy shredding, like Malmsteen or something.
                      pianoboy3333

Guitars:
                      Custom Red Stratocaster - Rosewood Neck, Lace Sensor Hot Gold Pickups
                      Martin D-16
                      Amps:
                      Traynor Custom Valve YCV50BLUE - 50W, All Tube 1x12 Combo Amp, Celestion Speaker
                      FX (in sequence):
                      Boss TU-2 -> Vox 847A ->
                      Keeley Modded Boss BD-2 Blues Driver -> Electro-Harmonix Little Big Muff ->
                      Ibanez DE7 Delay -> Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Electric Mistress

Comment

Chuck Berry insipred guys like Clapton and Keef who in turn inspired guys like EVH who in turn inspired like......a **************** load more people.

Comment

Eric Clapton
                          LearnTheUkulele.com * SongwritingCircle.com * MojoCaster.com * GuitarVideoReviews.com * ThreeChordGuitar.com Listen to my music at www.UkenSmile.com!Now on twitter: @MojoCaster - offering private lessons via Skype

Comment

Chuck Berry, Johnny Ramone... the whole punk thing got a lot of kids who knew they would be **************** at guitar to not care about being **************** and pick up guitars anyway...
                            Member/cofounder of the Fender Benders.

Originally Posted by Dom1412

Anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Originally Posted by V-man

My uncle got into a bar fight with a tele wielding blackbear and lost an eye, and my ex wife's name was Fender Stratocaster.

Good trades with- adlo76, Doctor Morbius, V-Man

Comment

Whoever played the fingerpicked acoustic intro to Dust in the Wind.

Comment

Where I grew up at it was AC/DC & Kiss & Ted Nugent. Nugent hunts up where I grew up & a lot of people love him in Michigan and he use to do a Christmas concert every year & 1/2 the time Kiss would to.
                                16' Gibson SG Std.
                                15' Ibanez JEM Jr.
                                OD9 Pro+>1962x>BC-2>Wylde Phase>Gravy>Flashback
                                Marshall JCM800>V212(Vet.30/ET-65)
                                Ibanez TSA15H>1x12 (G12n-65)

Comment

Working...
                                X