Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inspirations

I am not asking who inspired you. I am not asking who your favorite guitarist is.

I AM asking:

Who do you think has inspired the most people to pick up and learn to play electric guitar?

Who is it, who is your best guess?

I'm thinking maybe Cobain or Ace Frehley - if acoustics were included it would probably have to be The Beatles, maybe it still is... but **************** acoustics in this thread
    Hey, Cancer! **************** You!

EVH

Comment

Jimmy Page
      Mandatory Gear List:
      Ibanez Guitars: 1991 RG570/2005 RG7321/1992 RG 470/2005 RG 321MH/1996 SF420/2002 S-Classic/2001 RG320/1986 Charvel Model 1
      /Jackson JDX-94/Jackson+LTD mutt/Squier Bullet Spec./Squier Affinity Strat/Squier P-Bass Special/Crate Power Block/Carvin 4x12/Epi Valve Jr. Head/Marshall Lead 12 Combo/Marshall Mini Stack
      /Peavey Vypyr 30/Marshall Lead 15 mini stack/Many Pedals
      Band Site:
      http://www.myspace.com/blackholecaravan

Comment

Anybody with a Strat
        Good dealings with ~dcindc x2~alleytrash~ashasha~jjegg~Yavin

Comment

Knopfler
          member of the sg armyin alliance with the mazi bee militia"we rock the world"

Comment

Knopfler

was the original post too long? you should have read it before answering

Comment

Anybody with a Strat

well at least you're building up a post count

Comment

I think that these days people are more prone to pick up the guitar because of personal friends and family/or aquantances that already play. They usually dont become inspired by the big boys until they learn the basics. After that then they start looking to identify with the famous players.
                R I P Leopardstar

Originally Posted by jjpistols
                yeah it's funny to watch internet idiots talk **************** knowing they've never accomplished a ****************in thing musically

Comment

Who do you think has inspired the most people to pick up and learn to play electric guitar?

For the kid's these days, its not "who" but "what". Definitely its "Guitar Hero" thats turning the kids on to the electric guitar.

Comment

When I hear baby boomer guitar pros interviewed, a large number of them point to the Ventures.

For the younger boomers and post boomers, I'm betting Hendrix and Clapton.
                    Good Day. I said Good Day!

Comment

Jimmy Page, EVH, James Hetfield, and Cobain. Those'd be my guesses.

EDIT: Oh, Slash too.

Comment

When I hear baby boomer guitar pros interviewed, a large number of them point to the Ventures.

For the younger boomers and post boomers, I'm betting Hendrix and Clapton.

They were definitely one of my main influences.
                        R I P Leopardstar

yeah it's funny to watch internet idiots talk **************** knowing they've never accomplished a ****************in thing musically

Comment

I AM asking:

Who is it, who is your best guess?

And again I would guess Mark Knofler....wheres the confusion here?
                          member of the sg armyin alliance with the mazi bee militia"we rock the world"

Comment

I really dont know who the greatest inspiration is but ive seen more people play AIR GUITAR to ACDC than any body else
                            R I P Leopardstar

Comment

Eric Clapton
                              Jeff Beck: "I don't get the guys who all want a very special guitar to create a unique sound. I get a way better kick out of making an unique sound with a guitar that has been around for 50 years"

Comment

Working...
                              X