X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronnie Montrose died. NOT A JOKE.

R.I.P. Ronnie.

Legendary American rock guitarist Ronnie Montrose died earlier today (Saturday, March 3) after a five-year battle with prostate cancer. He was 64 years old.

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=170627

Long career with allot of great musicians. RIP.

Comment

Certainly one of my guitar heroes.
      Cancer sucks.

Comment

That's sad news. I bought the 1st Montrose album when I was in college.

One chord is fine. Two chords is pushing it.
        Three chords and you're into jazz
        - Lou Reed

Comment

Man, prostate cancer is a weird thing. You can literally remove the entire organ and still die from the cancer it was producing - years later even. It's the third most deadly cancer (that is to say that the third most amount of people die from it - not that it's the third least curable), almost matching the second most (breast cancer [lung cancer is the first most, of course]).

Guitars: Music Man JP6; Jackson USA Select SLS; Hand Made Customs / Amp/Effects: Fractal Audio Axe-FX Ultra
          Bass: Schecter Stiletto Studio-4 / Amp/Effects: Roland CB-30
          Drums: Roland TD-20 / / Amp/Effect: lolwut?

Comment

That first album was awesome. RIP Ronnie. I was just thinking the other day about his suit against Gary

Moore. Now they are both dead. In the grand scheme of things, that guitar wasn't very important.
            Harold Horatio Heckuba (Triple H)

Comment

RIP Ronnie
              Good trades with: d_dave_c

Comment

WOW! I saw Montrose when I was a little kid with Sammy. Rock Candy baby! RIP.

Comment

R.I.P.
                  "Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more."
                  Nikola Tesla

Comment

SPAM:

Custom Wired Strat Pickguard Assemblies - PM me to discuss specs & pricing

Good Trades: PunkKitty, mfergel, Norcal_GIT_r, Chuck1016, Elias Graves, hrcnsfan, ugameus, RosePickups, jelloman, Hookandcanman, Danocoustic

Comment

R.I.P. Ronnie
                      Geezer Brigade Trooper #30
                      1st generation Irish

Comment

http://loudwire.com/ronnie-montrose-dies-at-64/
                        i have come to the conclusion that he is some form of god. no mere mortal has that many guitars/pedals/amp/anything. "It boggles my mind. His collection is the most glorious and true expression of GAS.To each his own though. Amazing collection of beauties. It takes some seriously messed up OCD to compile a collection like that.I hate BBreaker. Damn, I hate him.Suck it.We learned that bbreaker is some sort of god. A god of whine.fk this guy.

Comment

Seen him w/Haggar a couple of years ago and it was excellent! One of the best RIP...

From his site:

Ronnie Montrose ~ 1947-2012

A few months ago, we held a surprise party for Ronnie Montrose's 64th birthday. He gave an impromptu speech, and told us that after a long life, filled with joy and hardship, he didn't take any of our love for granted.

He passed today. He'd battled cancer, and staved off old age for long enough. And true to form, he chose his own exit the way he chose his own life. We miss him already, but we're glad to have shared with him while we could.
                          > .

Comment

RIP Ronnie
                            ...when I'm 64...

Comment

Wow, terrible news, I've been a fan since seeing him with Edgar Winter on the old In Concert series. RIP, Ronnie

Comment

Working...
                              X