Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many hours do you think you've spent playing in you life?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many hours do you think you've spent playing in you life?

If you had to guess.

A few hundred? Tens of thousands?

Do you think you are where you would like to be musically for the amount of hours you have played or where you imagined yourself being by this time when you first started?

I don't care what kind of playing, could be on stage, jamming with your records or cj's or just strumming watching tv or whatever.

Just wondering.

"You´╗┐ people keep on raining. I'll still be the parade." - Diamond Dave.

TO HEAR MY COUNTRY BAND: ADRIAN RAY, click THIS or this

Official endorsee of:Breedlove Guitars

http://www.ghsstrings.com

http://www.rocktron.com

http://www.monsterenergy.com/

Myspace.com-Dave Aronow

You're welcome here if you're of the spirit to make a sound.

Comment

roughly 2 or 3 thousand I suppose.
      Information is not knowledge
      Knowledge is not wisdom
      Wisdom is not truth
      Truth is not beauty
      Beauty is not love
      Love is not music.
      Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

After just some ballpark estimates I would say it's most likely in the 30,000 hour range. Maybe more...
        "Born to Play" MP3 album at iTunes & Amazon.

Comment

It would be quite an exercise for me to calculate since the amount of time playing every day changed alot through the years. Between 9 and 15, I played little but some so it counts for, let's guess, 350 hours. Then at around 15, I became crazy about playing guitar, played electric in a cover band. Hard to remember how much but I played every day almost so I'll say about an hour/day for the next three four years. That's a thousand, roughly counted. Now, around 19 or 20, things become different, I switch to acoustic guitar and I have guitar playing for breakfast, lunch and supper. For many years, 15 or so, I played at least two hours a day, some days as much as five or six hours. At 38, I married, moved to Germany, had kids, etc. that made me play less but still played most days. The single thing that had me reduce my playing time is THIS FORUM. But hey, it made buy a bunch of stuff, most of them I regret buying (I'm getting out of topic...)

That's a bit of a long story, So I'm gonna say I have played between 10,000 and 15,000 hours, a very rough guess but it sounds about right.
          __________________________________________________ ___________________

Yamaholic --- PpP --- Old geezer with a grey beard

Comment

Hrmm... I played a fair bit from 6 to 10 and a whole lot from 10 to 13 when girls got to be pretty cool. Still played quite a bit from 13 to 19 then less from 19 to 22. Since then, a fair bit.

I would guess about 8,000 hours between 6 and 13 and prob another 5,000 since then.
            Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius:

"When it comes to gear vs talent I'll be the first to admit that I sit in the Mayor's seat in Poserville."

Comment

I'd guess somewhere around 5200. I guessed a half hour per day on average since I started playing seriously (as a hobbyist) in '84
              A '57 Classic, MIJ from USA parts.
              HCEG Existentialism: I buy guitars, therefore, I am.
              Well Dick, it's got a good beat, and I could dance to it, so I give it a 10!
              I have opinions of my own,strong opinions but I don't always agree with them.

Comment

30,000-40,000

Comment

10 minutes a day for the last 5 years. Its all a blur.
                  Add Tag...

Comment

It's safe to say that my playing time doesn't come close to the time I've spent searching for good gear deals. If I spent that many hours playing, I'd have been the next Randy Rhoads.

Comment

I would have to say at leas 30K but it may even be twice that

started before the age of three - got serious about it at 11 - started playing professionally at 17

been a full time guitarist for 40 years - still put in a full day at least four days a week

hard to do all the math

you can't control the wind but you can learn to sail

contentment is true wealth

Comment

I'm guessing around 6,500 hours or so. I've been playing for 25 years, probably averaging 5 hours a week or so. Maybe closer to 5,000 hours, just to be conservative.

Comment

rough ballpark, 8500 hours.
                          Besides being a guitar player,
                          I'm a big fan of the guitar.
                          I love that damn instrument.
                          -Steve Vai

Comment

9,999. In one more hour I will be an expert. I better get to work. I'm expecting great things to happen when I reach 10,000.
                            Originally Posted by customtele

And I hate it when my G string goes up my ass.

Comment

A million billion.

Comment

Working...
                              X