Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Gibson 2013 models at Sweetwater - whoa!!!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just picked up my 2013 SG Standard from local GC after I had ordered it online. Got home, and damn, the neck pickup doesn't work! WTF...so much for Gibson QC. Tomorrow it's back to the store and will order a new one that hopefully will work. And next time I'll try it before leaving the store. Very disappointing, to say the least.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by RaVenCAD
      View Post

Looks a lot like "more of the same" to me. Gibson is either stuck with the tried and true, or they go ape-**************** and make some weird, ridiculous thing no one would ever want. I guess "more of the same" is their best bet.

That's not really true. They've had lots of subtle variants of their regular models in the past and continue to make some today. What would you like to see from Gibson?

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by thozzman
        View Post

Just picked up my 2013 SG Standard from local GC after I had ordered it online. Got home, and damn, the neck pickup doesn't work! WTF...so much for Gibson QC. Tomorrow it's back to the store and will order a new one that hopefully will work. And next time I'll try it before leaving the store. Very disappointing, to say the least.

****************, you should just buy Chinese. Goddamn Gibson pinkos.

Comment

The sgj and lpj are probably the worst made gibsons out right now, the pickups are ****************, the materials are ****************, and they were supposed to be priced a lot lower.Plus, the silk screening is super cheesy in person.

Comment

I've seen a lot of those bargain-basement Gibbos out there and agree that they're pretty crap. They're obviously targeted at people who buy guitars solely on the brand name.

Comment

I

Comment

I've never picked up a Gibson that had glaring QC problems. Setup issues aren't the same thing as QC issues although I think no nut slots would still qualify, lol.

Comment

The SG needs locking tuners cause the Klusons, while cool looking, slip.
                  Good deals with - Yarbicus, CBH5150, BozzofAngels, Alvin Wilson, Harris Quinn

Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

Comment

I wanna see a non Custom Shop version of the Axcess LP
                    Korg DTR-1000
                    Rocktron Voodu Valve online
                    VHT 2562
                    Framus CS2x12
                    Ibanez S5470
                    Ibanez JEM 7VSBL
                    Jackson PS-2 (black)
                    New York's so pretty at this time of night

-Pro-Pain-

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by thozzman
                      View Post

What do you think of the new neck shape? I'm hoping it is the same neck shape as the 61 Reissue SG. I don't like the old SG standard neck shape.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by deanmass
                        View Post

The SG needs locking tuners cause the Klusons, while cool looking, slip.

I severely doubt it. Gibsons tend to have inherent tuning stability problems, but it's not the fault of the tuners. In fact, tuning machines have essentially nothing at all to do with tuning stability, unless they're worn to the point of physical deformity. If your Gibson has tuning stability issues, it's almost certainly the nut.

Sorry to derail the thread, but this myth that tuning issues are the fault of the tuning machines themselves really needs to be squashed.

Comment

My LP Traditional has the stock klusons and they work fine. And even though I hear the strings ping in the nut when tuning it sometimes, it holds its tuning really well. I like that the 2013 SG standard looks like a '61 reissue and comes in white.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Combo
                            View Post

I wanna see a non Custom Shop version of the Axcess LP

You're in luck - Gibson Shred Les Paul - http://www.musiciansfriend.com/searc...les+paul+shred

- Gibson ES-335
                            - Gibson Hummingbird
                            - Fender Strat MIM
                            - Ovation Tangent & Tangent Bass
                            - Vox AC15C1 - British Racing Green

F-Holes

Originally Posted by GreatDane

the player plays, but the instrument should inspire.

Comment

Some of them are quite pretty. They are using a lot of rubbed finish. I am still happy I got my 2 LP Tributes with baked maple fingerboard when I did.

GOOD DEALS WITH: ae3753, Buckethead99, CBH5150, DCinDC, Dogfish, Drawdeep, Drivelikejoewho, Duderanimous, Jelloman, Marc758, Newbuilder, Orion23, PunkKitty, Scottd23, tomh777, Weather.at.8, Xupernaut, Zemmy

SPAM: HOHNER TB1 - $225

MY MUSIC:
                              My Music Sampler

Originator of the "can I get free picks with that " phrase TM 2011

Originally Posted by Bob411

Nice ass Mrs. Woody.

Comment

Wow, really surprised to see all the hate in here! hah

If you ask me, I'm actually quite impressed. Yes, they're the same old Les Pauls and SGs, but they're finally affordable. A USA Gibson under $1k? That was "fairy snuff" a few years ago. I gotta applaud them on that, at least.
                                rockin' for life

Originally Posted by GAS Man

Thrash the establishment, strip it down, and let it rip.

Originally Posted by Deadbeat Son

There's no "just a" allowed here. There's no reason to denigrate a great guitar that does the trick for you just because it's less expensive than someone else's.

Good Trades with: boonestunes, smithshred

Nox P

Comment

Working...
                                X