Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

On a Danelectro kick, post some pics of your Danos here.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by xStonr
    View Post

Same here. It's a long hard wait.

I never posted my acquisition. Tons of fun to play.

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal
    Love leaves a memory no one can steal

Comment

I've had this one for a while, sold it several years ago, then bought it back...

Comment

Comment

the 12 is gone now, but everything else remains.
          The Common Sense Mets Fan

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov, Newsweek (21 January 1980)

Comment

Not mine, but I want this one SO bad.

Please take a moment to check out my podcast, Two Average Dicks. Thank you.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Amputation
              View Post

Not mine, but I want this one SO bad.

That's like the one i just got off ebay, i can't wait til it gets here!

It's got a real cool black binding on the side too.

just 249.99 shipped... couldn't pass it up, it'll be my secong Danelectro 56 model.

I'm thinking that perhaps the crackle design might have been a little too radical for most folks.
              I've had good transactions with: that mullingskid, theweight, Puckman, Hand Amputation.

My Band, One Adam 12's Facebook page.... like us on facebook

http://www.facebook.com/pages/One-Ad...96285173763464

The Danelectro Fan Club

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Da...31414573630286

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by citizens_X
                View Post

That's like the one i just got off ebay, i can't wait til it gets here!

It's got a real cool black binding on the side too.

just 249.99 shipped... couldn't pass it up, it'll be my secong Danelectro 56 model.

I'm thinking that perhaps the crackle design might have been a little too radical for most folks.

I want one REAL bad. I was hoping to find a used one on eBay.

Doubt they sold many of those...

Comment

slightly off topic, but does anyone know who makes hardshell cases that a dc-59 can fit into?

thanks fellers.

Comment

Comment

I have 6 Danos: The Innuendo 12 String shown here, a '67 Hornet resissue, a Hodad, a U2 reissue with humbucker + the single coil, and 2 Convertibles. I love 'em all.

carguy

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by animalwithin
                        View Post

Where are you all finding these sparkle blue 12-strings. I want one!! How much?

I found mine in a used guitar shop when I was hunting for a bass amp for the wife. Couldn't find an amp but she paid 1/2 of the Dano; it cost me $375 before taxes. The shop went out of business about 6 years ago.
                        Originally Posted by Warren Buffett

“There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning.”

Member of the Hamer Squad

Founder of the Danelectro Horde

Third Cousin of The Orange-y Family

Good dealings with: GreatDane, Norcal_GIT_r (x2), solly, puckman, rydia is hot, 98 les paul, JerEvil

MY GUITARS

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Danhedonia
                          View Post

Love the Hornet, don't see many sunburst ones.
                          I've had good transactions with: that mullingskid, theweight, Puckman, Hand Amputation.

My Band, One Adam 12's Facebook page.... like us on facebook

http://www.facebook.com/pages/One-Ad...96285173763464

The Danelectro Fan Club

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Da...31414573630286

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Danhedonia
                            View Post

I love these!

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Red81
                              View Post

slightly off topic, but does anyone know who makes hardshell cases that a dc-59 can fit into?

thanks fellers.

LP type cases should fit.
                              SPAM:

Custom Wired Strat Pickguard Assemblies - PM me to discuss specs & pricing

Good Trades: PunkKitty, mfergel, Norcal_GIT_r, Chuck1016, Elias Graves, hrcnsfan, ugameus, RosePickups, jelloman, Hookandcanman, Danocoustic

Comment

You say "Hornet," Google says "Dead On '67 Reissue."

Who knows? Not me. I just know that as I was shopping cabinets, it caught my eye and the pickups were absolutely fantastic - amazing sounds. $150; sold. Just got it Tuesday July 3rd.

It's in ok shape - nothing unplayable, but the vibrato was just a rivet and flops like a dead fish. Which is alright; it actually does an upward gliss well, which is something I like to do. And there are a few cosmetic flaws.

The things that have floored me besides the pickups are that the bridge actually seems to work - I mean, that just looks so sketchy, but the intonation is spot-on perfect.

And the fretboard is an aircraft carrier deck: 14" radius! 1.65" at the nut ... and a profile that would make an Ibanez product manager proud: it's thin. Action's too fast; there's a tiny buzz on the 4th fret when I restrung with 10's, I'll think about going to 11's or doing a teensy turn of the truss rod (next to no relief at the moment) once it settles a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X