On a Danelectro kick, post some pics of your Danos here.

citizens_X

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by PeaveyPlayer

View Post

Years ago, I had looked at buying a Danelectro but was concerned about the construction. The guitar was feather light even compared to the Peavey Raptor that I was playing at the time. I didn't buy the guitar because the sales help was actually no help at all. I read one post that the body is constructed of particle board. Is this true? Oh, by the way, I still own the Peavey Raptor. Even though I haven't played it in years, I still can't bear to part with it.

Not particle board but masonite, the construction is just fine.. they are really light but that's a good thing IMO

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Did I mention Danelectros are awesome? Not so great for teh brootalz but they'll cover jingle-jangle, punk, garage rock, blues . . . any style where a clean or snarly tone is welcome.

I'm still kicking myself for not snapping up a black MiK Convertible several years ago for $275. Would have made an amazing slide or alternate tunings guitar. Looked a lot like this one:

img10494616993.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Verne Andru

View Post

Very nice!

I've wanted one since I drooled over them in the Sears Christmas catalog's when I was a kid.

I just put mine on Ebay yesterday, it's a great guitar but I don't see me using it much... gonna use the proceeds to buy a Danelectro Jimmy Page DC-59.thumb.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Lacking Talent

View Post

2i88yh3.jpg

My first year reissue MIK 56-U2. Almost made the mistake of selling it last year in a big purge. Really glad I didn't.

I have one that looks identical (except its not upside down wink.gif) that I am selling. I find I like the sweet spot placement of the pup int the u1 better

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by BEMUSofNthAmrca

View Post

I love this 12-string. Are these an official model, or a custom job? How much do they sell for? Thanks

The blue sparkle Danelectro DC 12 string is an official model.. not a custom job. They pop up on Ebay frequently, however they aren't currently in production.thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by citizens_X

View Post

The blue sparkle Danelectro DC 12 string is an official model.. not a custom job. They pop up on Ebay frequently, however they aren't currently in production.thumb.gif

Yes and no. While Danelectro isn't currently offering a 12-string, Musicians Friend has an exclusive in a range of colours from black to black. A DC 12 is never more than $299.99 away.

DV016_Jpg_Large_423552.001_black.jpg

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guita...lectric-guitar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived