No announcement yet.

Worst names of guitar pedals

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst names of guitar pedals

Some people do it right with these names of greek or egyptian gods.
    Other names are obviously just trying to be clever and wind up sounding pretentious. Like "Organizer" and "Brigadier".
    Many of the names also just have this marketing stench to them like "Ola".
    What happened to more descriptive, suggestive names like Big Muff, Super Fuzz, Tonebender, Flying Tomato, Super hard on, Tube screamer, Holy Grail, Swollen Pickle and Electric Mistress?

Now we have names like "Big grey distortion"..
    but my least favorite of all has to be "Mojo mojo".
    It's sickening I tell you.
    Pedals FS/T updatedGood deals hereBuy, sell and trade pedals on Facepuke

One day I will do a publicly-available **************** You Hitler Overdrive
    www.shoepedals.com

Comment

lol mojomojo really pisses me off for some reason. I think it's because it sounds ridiculous when you say it out loud. They should've just named it Mojo Jojo

Comment

Mojo Mojo is pretty lame... but I really don't have an issue with most of the other pedals you named.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Coming Messiah Overdrive is just ridiculous.
          Guitars: G&L ASAT Classic Custom & Gibson Les Paul Studio || Amp: Dr. Z Maz 8 Studio
          Pedalboard: Disaster Area DPC-5 > Diamond Compressor, Skreddy LMMD, Timmy, Turbo Tuner, Strymon Timeline & Flint

My YouTube Channel

Comment

I hate all of skreddy's pink floyd themed pedal names. There's a million of them and they all sound the same to me. That's the only reason I never think of skreddy.

Comment

Coming Messiah Overdrive is just ridiculous.

Maybe it's a double entendre and less lame than we think.
              www.shoepedals.com

Comment

MXR badass

Comment

Maybe it's a double entendre and less lame than we think.

Only a genius would make such a conjecture.

Comment

One day I will do a publicly-available **************** You Hitler Overdrive

Put me down for 12.
                    Blakemore Effects (I now sell Dr. Scientist and DMB pedals in addition to my own.)
                    My pedal company.
                    Facebook page for Blakemore Effects

Comment

oh, and the FUHO gas begins! I'll be gooping it and naming mine the "**************** You Anne Frank Distortion".

How about the Philosopher's Tone? Whyever that's always bothered me. Dano with the food themed bucket. Way Huge crosses the line. Mike's Salty Romance Explosion (dwarfcraft). I take it back, that one is awesome.
                      Yes Spa'am:
                      CHEAP Bass gear FS

Comment

oh, and the FUHO gas begins! I'll be gooping it and naming mine the "**************** You Anne Frank Distortion".

How about the Philosopher's Tone? Whyever that's always bothered me. Dano with the food themed bucket. Way Huge crosses the line. Mike's Salty Romance Explosion (dwarfcraft). I take it back, that one is awesome.

I finally realized like a week ago that it was Philosopher's Tone and not Philosopher's Stone. To be fair I don't like compressors so i never paid attention.
                        www.shoepedals.com

Comment

There would have been some jealous sorcerers.
                          Yes Spa'am:
                          CHEAP Bass gear FS

Comment

How is Flying Tomato descriptive or suggestive? What am I missing here?
                            PDY: The new forum where pages don't take forever to load.

"With print you substitute an ear for an extra useless eye." MES

Originally Posted by zero=infinity

I have been forced to register after years of lurking. This is truly epic.

I'm from Waukesha, currently living in Milwaukee. Where does this **** live??

I want this to make national news.

Comment

I like my Mojo Mojo.

Also, I think the TCE Rotweiler is a cool name for a high gain distortion pedal.

Comment

Working...
                              X