Worst names of guitar pedals

solewheelin

• Members

FTFY

That's a far worse sounding name and would piss off A LOT more people.

Oh, the FYHOD wasn't intended to be offensive really.

It's dedicated to my grandmother. She's Polish and was enslaved in Bavaria during the war.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, the FYHOD wasn't intended to be offensive really.

It's dedicated to my grandmother. She's Polish and was enslaved in Bavaria during the war.

Sorry to hear.

It would definitely be controversial if you did make a {censored} you Hitler OD. And to some, there is more than enough room for that in the pedal market.

You have pedals named from history, greek gods, torture devices etc.

I just don't think anyone has gone in that direction with pedal naming.

You'd never see a pedal with the word Hiroshima, Pearl harbor or Osama in it.

Food for thought I guess.

I'm sure your grandmother was a sweet lady.

• Members

Sorry to hear.

It would definitely be controversial if you did make a {censored} you Hitler OD. And to some, there is more than enough room for that in the pedal market.

You have pedals named from history, greek gods, torture devices etc.

I just don't think anyone has gone in that direction with pedal naming.

You'd never see a pedal with the word Hiroshima, Pearl harbor or Osama in it.

Food for thought I guess.

I'm sure your grandmother was a sweet lady.

Yeah, I dunno, though. I mean, is it really that controversial to tell someone like Hitler to go {censored} himself? If so, then who else is more deserving?

• Members

Yeah, I dunno, though. I mean, is it really that controversial to tell someone like Hitler to go {censored} himself? If so, then who else is more deserving?

For starters, some horrible {censored}er who is still alive. :p:lol: 1000 ways to die? jeez..

What if you named a pedal "{censored} the cops"?

I guess it all depends on that. If the guy is dead it's just not controversial. So you're right.

Maybe controversial isn't the word. Excuse my inarticulateness.

I see what you are doing here though and it's definitely cool. I'm just thinking about how the market would receive it.

Now I just need to try 1 or 2 of your pedals.

Weren't you in Greenpoint at one time?

• Members

The '{censored}' overdrive is probably the worst. Laughably crass and infantile and not even remotely funny. I'd expect a 13 year old to think of it. I can only hope that the perpetrator might grow up one day. :idk:

Beyond that, anything by BJFe and anyone else that names their pedals similarly. Unless he has synthestesia there's nothing 'red' about that distortion or 'yellow' about that tremolo, etc. The marketing strategy couldn't be much more obviously aimed at living room warriors and TGP users; they even have unnecessary pretty handpainted enclosures.

Unless it's cheap and quirky (eg. EHX), give it a name that describes what it is, and then put it in a simple box. One thing that Boss generally does right. :thu:

• Members

That they haven't made one called The Wanker yet is really hard to fathom. It should have two controls. One called Steve and one Vai. :)

Interestingly, pedal popularity or succes has nothing to do with names, it seems. Phase 90 is the most recorded pedal ever, yet how lame is that name?

Archived