X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i like all of the ones i've seen.

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! There's a few here that I haven't seen, I'll chase them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil O'Keefe
      View Post

Tom Dowd & The Language Of Music. Yes, it's largely the story of a record producer / engineer (one of the very best - a true legend), but there's a ton of great music and artist / band appearances and stories in it.

It's definitely a great documentary, and I highly recommend it.

I saw this one the other day, it was really cool! I'd heard of Tom Dowd from the Clapton stuff and the Atlantic stuff, but didn't realise how much stuff he'd done.....
      Great deals w/ placebo62, candletears7

Originally Posted by EL KABONG

just cause Aussies cant have guns (=no freedom) doesnt mean other people cant have them either.

Originally Posted by Naterel

Those meatballs came out right

But that rocket ship is ****************ed up

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfKFvavNmQM
        Whores. Facebook bandcamp

Rig Guitars Board

Duane Denison, Steve Albini, Ron Ashton, Buzz Osborne, Rowland S. Howard, Steve Turner, Jon Spencer, Chris Spencer, Kurt Ballou and Josh Homme

Originally Posted by pasteface

I want to Make a sound like on doors where It Gose PPPPPPPRRROWWWWWNNNN like a Bridg falliing Apart and When it Ecchoes

Comment

Scratch the Movie (its about turntablsim and Hip-Hop/Skratch DJ's)

Modulations Cinema for the Ear (about electronic music...)

and Standing in the Shadows of Motown (...iirc)

the DVD by Marco Minnemann (he is just a hell of a drummer and its great to watch him...)

Strapping Young Lad DVD about the prodution of the Alien album...

Metal - A Headbanger's Journey (its more about history and the culture in the different genres)
          Good Deals with: CM1000, Hides-His-Eyes, HeartfeltDawn, Kayzer, kpd78, Neoflox, Sikor, SilenceSketches, Snufkino a. WAWBanks... !!"Sometimes you've got to stand out to fit in."

Comment

Autoluminescent: Rowland S. Howard

Charles Mingus: Triumph of the Underdog
            GOOD DEALS: solewheelin (X2), gkelm, tattooedsailor, seblo_15, twinkletoes (x2), pedalhoundz, silver-seven (x2), claytonjohn18, adee1970, Vidarr, Josh33, kreeper_6, DRGUN

Originally Posted by ispunk

It's the Golden Age of Internet forum reflection and speculation

Comment

Anvil
              Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense
              Stones - Shine a Light
              Queen Rock Montreal
              Pixies - Loud quiet Loud
              Spinal Tap
              Almoust Famous

Comment

Charles Mingus: Triumph of the Underdog

Yes
                Originally Posted by Naterel "All bands suck period"

Comment

fearless freaks - flaming lips doc
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I do love me a good music documentary/live film

Here's some stuff I have and recommend.

Scratch - as mentioned above, 90s hip hop, sampling, DJ Shadow etc. deffo worth a watch

Hype! - story of Grunge from start to finish

Meeting People Is Easy - Radiohead 1996/7 world tour footage, interesting and depressing

DIG! - Brian Jonestown Massacre and Dandy Warhols over about 7 years or so, good tunes and funny

Stop Making Sense - classic Talking Heads concert

Wesley Wills's Joy Ride - Wesley Willis makes me happy

Scott Walker 30th Century Man - Scott Walker history, interesting stuff

Originally Posted by RoboPimp

doesn't everyone have a psychedelic dungeon?

Cool people : Tengo, jah_vengeance, Supernova9, scott_tele, 21rush12, HeartfeltDawn, Kaz2550, Kayzer, daysofspeed, kpd78, RoboPimp, jrkirkish, WAWBanks, PerFusionist, Pointer, wiklund87, tubezipper, Foamoi_refreshe, melx, JRBain, arcaneaether, Barnaby, Hardly, strtdv, sh333, RadioSilence, deftoneboy, Poltergeist, Snufkino, Mogwai, Soapbars, fuzzface71, JDE and loads more...

Comment

The Beatles Anthology - about 10 hours of The Beatles!

1991: The Year Punk Broke - Sonic Youth, Nirvana, Dinosaur Jr. European tour with lots of skits thrown inbetween

American Hardcore - history of 80s hardcore scene

Upside Down - History of Creation Records, Jesus+Mary Chain, My Bloody Valentine, Primal Scream, early Oasis etc.

24 Hour Party People - Tony Wilson (Factory Records) biopic

Vieuphoria - Smashing Pumpkins around the release of Siamese Dream, tons of live stuff with skits and interviews

Backbeat - Stuart Sutcliffe biopic while with the Beatles in Hamburg

End Of The Century - complete history of the Ramones

LoudQuietLoud - Pixies on reunion tour

Lemmy - Lemmy!

Cool people : Tengo, jah_vengeance, Supernova9, scott_tele, 21rush12, HeartfeltDawn, Kaz2550, Kayzer, daysofspeed, kpd78, RoboPimp, jrkirkish, WAWBanks, PerFusionist, Pointer, wiklund87, tubezipper, Foamoi_refreshe, melx, JRBain, arcaneaether, Barnaby, Hardly, strtdv, sh333, RadioSilence, deftoneboy, Poltergeist, Snufkino, Mogwai, Soapbars, fuzzface71, JDE and loads more...

Comment

Under Great White Northern Lights - White Stripes touring Canada

It Might Get Loud - Jimmy Page, The Edge and Jack White talking about themselves and having a jam

Which one's Pink? - great BBC documentary on Pink Floyd from their start up until the final Live 8 gig

The Filth and the Fury - history of the Sex Pistols told by the band

When You're Strange - history of the Doors narrated by Johnny Depp for some reason

Live! Tonight! Sold Out! - Nrivana live and with interviews etc. in-between

Moog - nice documentary about the late Bob Moog

Comment

Lots of good ones mentioned.
                          As for me Jim Jarmusch's "Year of the Horse" is excellent, since I'm a HUGE Neil Young fan.
                          Rarely screened, but legendary for a reason, Robert Frank's "**************************************** Blues" about the Stones' '72 tour of America. You rarely see or hear the music, but OH you get to see what happened backstage and in the hotels.
                          "Gimme Shelter" about the '69 tour and Altamont was another that sticks in my mind. Weird vibe to it, as you can imagine.
                          Oh, yes: "This is Spinal Tap."
                          ... puppets jerking on their strings ...

Comment

Comment

The T.A.M.I. Show

Comment

New Order - Taris Schervechko or sometging, great early New Order gig. I haven't seen the doc part yet and only half of the concert, but the new LCD Soundsystem one is pretty awesome so far.
                                Cause sometimes the rhetoric don't go with the contents

Comment

Working...
                                X