Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Offical DIY Thread

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ever use a spring chicken? If so, how does this one sound. it would be nice to build a clone of one or something similar
    Decolonize

Comment

• I haven't tried a Spring Chicken, but I am more than happy with how this pedal sounds. I reccomend the Sabro schematic to anyone looking to build one of these bad boys.
      I Build/Mod/Repair Pedals.

Good deals with: Aaron_SS, ShortScaleMike, DRGUN

Comment

• All that work and then you put the lock washer on the outside...

Yes, I noticed most here are irked by that. :P It was either this or the plastic washer, which I'm not a fan of.

Do teach me on where the proper placement of the locking washer should be. Since it doesn't come with a metal one we'll need to source for them on our own?

Comment

• lock washer should be on the inside of the enclosure. If you want a metal washer you can get them from most of the diy places.

http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=740

http://www.pedalpartsplus.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PPP&Product_Co de=9005&Category_Code=SWI

http://www.mammothelectronics.com/Washer-Replacement-for-4SFS-Footswitches-Metal-p/1300-1003.htm
          Good Deals: Hangwire, mhuxtable, Travybear

Comment

• Dano put posted an update (for all of you interested in the future of Beavis Audio) :

"Hi all, sorry for the delay in responding. Yes, life has interfered with beavis over the last few years. As you've probably noticed, there haven't been any updates or new projects for quite a while.

What can I say? Difficult times, a big change in my personal life, health issues, the whole shebang.

I'm going to try to find time next week to get the domain renewed and get the site back up and running.

Thanks to all for the concern, however PLEASE NO DONATIONS. I'll work over the next few days to issue refunds to all those kind souls who have been so generous, but I really need to fix all this on my own, part of the healing process you know Smiley Please do not take offense, your kindness has been really incredible, and speaks volumes about the family-like nature of the DIY community.

Onward and upward, and hope to have the site back online.

Best,
            -dano/beavis"
            Love,
            Matthew

✌ ♥☺

Comment

• ^^^ YAY!

Comment

• Very glad to hear the site will be back up. Too much good information to lose.
                Originally Posted by Rainer Maria Rilke

Sound, no longer measurable
                with sense of hearing. As if that tone
                outstripping us on every side
                were space maturing.

Comment

• Very glad to hear the site will be back up. Too much good information to lose.

I concur.

Comment

• So i was building the second attempt at a SHO today, and i planned this one a little better than the last one (as far as layout and how it would fit in a pedal) but it isnt working. I am getting a bypassed sound fine, but when turned on, no sound at all. The led works, but thats about it. If i touch the back of the board, i hear a buzzing on one half of the board, but not on the other half, so i am thinking it could possible be something in there? It seemed to be done neat enough, but who knows. Any ideas as to what it could be with that info? Also, i had 4 wires going to one lug on a jack for ground, and i think they are soldered well, but to be honest its a little hard to tell. Could that be this issue? I was thinking since i had bypassed signal, that wasnt the issue, but i am new to this so anything helps! Thanks fellas!
                    Good Deals with: spitfireme123, lovEd, benintexas, eor, rydia is hot, BloodBros, downer01, rabbot13, mewithoutlouie, Faldoe, VTM, thesockmonster, Dark Aegis, Unclemeat, Snare227, tashiattack, joaocunha

Agile Al-3000
                    Peters Gryphon
                    Mesa Traditional 4x12

Check out my band, it would be greatly appreciated

www.myspace.com/velaofficial

Comment

• Pictures would be great!
                      Love,
                      Matthew

✌ ♥☺

Comment

• curse of teh zvex

Comment

• Pictures would be great!

Yeah, i will take some a little later! Im not at home right now!
                          Good Deals with: spitfireme123, lovEd, benintexas, eor, rydia is hot, BloodBros, downer01, rabbot13, mewithoutlouie, Faldoe, VTM, thesockmonster, Dark Aegis, Unclemeat, Snare227, tashiattack, joaocunha

Agile Al-3000
                          Peters Gryphon
                          Mesa Traditional 4x12

Comment

• Try reflowing all your solder joints. Check to make sure all the components are the correct value and are in the right place. Check for solder bridges as well.

Comment

• Try reflowing all your solder joints. Check to make sure all the components are the correct value and are in the right place. Check for solder bridges as well.

I did check for solder bridges, which i didnt see any. I also reflowed most of the joints (the side that wasnt buzzing when touched) but i can go back and do all of them. I will make sure about the values when i get home, but assuming they are not correct, it should still make some sound, right? I just got a cheapo continuity tester, so i will give that a shot too, if i can get it to work with an alligator clip

Agile Al-3000
                              Peters Gryphon
                              Mesa Traditional 4x12

Comment

• if you socketed your transistor, try a new one/flipping it around (maybe you have it in backwerds?)

Comment

Working...
                                X