So! What did you get for ChristMas?

ViLo

• Members

Originally posted by songrytr

Pocket trumpet!

:cool:

2 ways 2 B horny?

I didn't know these things existed until I visited a Mars store right after they opened. How does it play - differences in effort, sound? I know that tone is hard to judge when you are projecting it forward.

Oh, and I got a Crate Power Block and a Tube Screamer. Tomorrow morning, I should get my fretting hand back into better action. I'm having carpal tunnel surgery.

• Members

A Korg DT1000 rack tuner and a load of patch cables, a Django dvd, Pink Floyd's Pulse and some books and a shed load of wine. Ould Blackpig (the Da) is spending Christmas with us for the first time since Ould Mrs. Blackpig (the Ma) died which is the best gift of all.

:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by thankyou

I didn't know these things existed until I visited a Mars store right after they opened. How does it play - differences in effort, sound? I know that tone is hard to judge when you are projecting it forward.

Oh, and I got a Crate Power Block and a Tube Screamer. Tomorrow morning, I should get my fretting hand back into better action. I'm having carpal tunnel surgery.

I got it to re-learn the horn. I played in Jr. High and the first year of HS - put it down in favor of the keyboard. After all these years I can still get a decent tone, but I can tell it's going to take some time to get rid of the clams.

Once I get some lip back I'll take it over to Phil's place and see how it records.

Good luck on the surgery.

:)

• Members

While not overtly exciting, I got a kick ass pair of really nice shoes from a manufacturer I did not know existed that are like walking on pillows...

I also got the coolest little mini tripod (desktop)

Sheets, which while again, pretty boring, as so boring I will not buy them cause I am just flat out unqualified to choose them.

And!

Johnny Cash at San Quentin on CD plus (!!) the 2003 ACL Music Festival CD:)

AND AND!

an iPod shuffle, which is freaking amazing....It is almost zoolander small, but, sounds great, works great, totally tiny.

All things told, very happy Christmas camper.

• Members

Originally posted by deanmass

While not overtly exciting, I got a kick ass pair of really nice shoes from a manufacturer I did not know existed that are like walking on pillows...

I, too, want to walk on pillows. Comfortable shoes are key to a happy day. Please share a link to the shoes you are describing. Thanks. I wish you happy pillow-walking in the new year.

• Members

In a rare departure from our usually conservative gift giving policies, I gave the wifey a digital camera, and the wifey gave me the Zoom H4 pocket recorder, which will be the subject of more detailed observations in a future thread.

The boy, as only children often are, was deluged with booty.

• Members

A very nice Christmas, indeed. My sweetie got me the Variax Workbench, I'm really looking forward to experimenting with it.

I am also the partial recipient of my gift to my fiance. Celine Dion is her favorite singer, so I got us tickets to see her at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas next June. Although I'm not a big fan of Celine's (pretty much unfamiliar with her music), it should be a fun time.

• Members

Originally posted by Martin Kantola

A perfectly matched pair (sequential serial numbers) of... kittens!

Martin

kaat2b.jpg

PS. The tend to place themselves on my laptop, anybody know of a key-lock software designed for cats? :-)

Great looking kitties. I raised a pair of brothers and they were a great source of joy (and more than occasional consternation).

Congratulations!

• Moderators

A week vacation and the new Harris book, Hannibal Rising. How could Lecter do those things? One hint: Nazis!

My wife and daughter got iPods from me and now I will spend the next week or so trying understand how this is supposed to be "easier". Then I'll probably want one. :)

Archived