who has written something lately?

jjpistols

• Members

The last few practices we have been working on five new songs that I wrote (the music anyway, not the lyrics), and it has been a ton of fun arranging, letting our singers lay down lyrics, etc.

It has come at just the right time too, because it feels like we are are getting kind of bored with some of our songs after having played them hundreds of times now in just a few short months. The new songs have gotten me really excited. We are hoping to use at least 2 of the new songs in our setlist next week.

• Members

This is my latest. I don't do lyrics. Or singing. Screw that stuff. I just like to do stupid little instrumentals. Unfortunately, I'm never gonna be good enough to get anyone to pay attention to my stuff. But JJ's right. It feels good to discover a riff and build a tune around it.

[YOUTUBE]9I9my1gYRDk[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

I've been doing some writing lately (and it does feel good). Our singer says he doesn't want to learn any more covers. Actually he doesn't seem to have a problem with covers that he suggests. He only seems to have a problem with covers that I suggest. So, he says he wants originals, I'm going to give him originals!

A lot of my songs are about negative things that happened to me. If I can turn it into a song it makes me feel better.

• Members

I'm writing three bands at the moment.

Black metal - my serious band

Punky metal rock - my playing band

Dark gothwave depressive {censored} - my home thing that may never see the light of day.

Here's my last (completed) effort. It was a while back and I have a lot more newer stuff but nothing I would consider finished. Saving for new monitors to make sure everything is awesome first.

www.soundclick.com/jonsick

Yeah. Wrote a sliding guitar rag that was a classic tale of loss because of impulsive behavior that couldn't be helped and that probably turned out okay even though it meant I am spending the rest of my useless life in a prison occasionally feeling anguish over the loss of my imagined raising a family and enjoying the love of a good woman.

I think it's been done before but I like how I did it.

• Members

Yes - got one song finished and another two in the pipeline.

It's a great buzz, even if you are one of the only people who really likes it (ie the song).

I'm also going to do some busking for cherity, with a friend - we'll be doing Soul classics in the style of Chaz and Dave, dressed up cockney 'n all.

• Members

It's creative so why not.

I wrote
{censored}tycuntbollocks
, on a toilet wallso that makes me the winner I do believe:)

You've been to the Hobgoblin again? On topic, I have written three songs for the band recently and am currently working on another fingerpicked instrumental for myself.

• Members

I wrote a short mellow song recently for something different from the usual stuff I do. It was very satisfying, I get bored writing the same old metal stuff so this new direction is a breath of fresh air. Hopefully I'll be writing more complex and unique sounding stuff.

Archived