So, what's a tele look like with a strat pickguard?

aldridt1

• Members
  • Members

That {censored} is tripping me out, man. {censored}

Me too!

The third PUP is what's doing it. That and the knobs/switch positioning. My first reaction is to say "some idiot totally didn't get it and posted a picture of a Strat," and then it dawns on me that I'm the idiot.

• Members

As I recall, the next couple of issues of that mag featured a whole bunch of upset idiots writing in to bitch about how "wrong" it was - folks that couldn't accept something other than the norm of a bunch of sixty odd year old designs. :rolleyes:

Ironically, I didn't much care for it myself..... simply because it did so little new. A Strat with a body shaped more like a Tele - big whoop. Tell me when they've created something genuinely different and interesting out of the two.... like a Tele bridge in the Strat, for a start.....

• Members

As I recall, the next couple of issues of that mag featured a whole bunch of upset idiots writing in to bitch about how "wrong" it was - folks that couldn't accept something other than the norm of a bunch of sixty odd year old designs
:rolleyes:

Ironically, I didn't much care for it myself..... simply because it did so little new. A Strat with a body shaped more like a Tele - big whoop. Tell me when they've created something
genuinely
different and interesting out of the two.... like a Tele bridge in the Strat, for a start.....

I remember the camotion it caused :rolleyes::D

And that strat/tele as they called it was prety bloody expensive too :facepalm:

I can build the same quitar, via Warmoth with probably better 'after-market' components for unsed 1K.

Back then, is was 5995.00 Quid :eek:, i.e. 12thou USD. (exchange rate back then)

• Members

As I recall, the next couple of issues of that mag featured a whole bunch of upset idiots writing in to bitch about how "wrong" it was - folks that couldn't accept something other than the norm of a bunch of sixty odd year old designs.
:rolleyes:

Ironically, I didn't much care for it myself..... simply because it did so little new. A Strat with a body shaped more like a Tele - big whoop. Tell me when they've created something
genuinely
different and interesting out of the two.... like a Tele bridge in the Strat, for a start.....

Is it really different from the Nashville Teles, which I really like?

I mean, isn't it sorta just that, but w/the Strat knob/switch/pickguard configuration rather than theTele?

Archived