So, what's a tele look like with a strat pickguard?

aldridt1

• Members

Is it really different from the Nashville Teles, which I really like?

I mean, isn't it sorta just that, but w/the Strat knob/switch/pickguard configuration rather than theTele?

No, nothing like the Nashville Tele. It's simple a Strat without the upper cutaway, if you look at it. There's really nothing Telecaster about it at all, other than the vague body outline and placement of the jack socket.

• Members

I think those white Streles look pretty nice!

But Personally - I'd rather go the other direction: A Strat Body shape (with the tummy cut & forearm cut) but with Tele pick-ups, Tele (three-barrel) Bridge and control configuration (no middle pickup).

But that's just me.

• Members

Probably not what you had in mind, but...

100_1200.jpg

It's still, basically, a test bed in need of further development, but it now has a SD SM-1n in the neck and a GFS Hot 60s in the bridge. I think I still need to go a little hotter in the bridge.

D

• Members

But Personally - I'd rather go the other direction: A Strat Body shape (with the tummy cut & forearm cut) but with Tele pick-ups, Tele (three-barrel) Bridge and control configuration (no middle pickup).

Like my brother's Stratosquire (post #31), but with a neck pickup.

I've been thinking about adding a P-90.

• Members

No, nothing like the Nashville Tele. It's simple a Strat without the upper cutaway, if you look at it. There's really nothing Telecaster about it at all, other than the vague body outline and placement of the jack socket.

I'm looking at it again, and you're right. It's not a Strat-like Tele at all. It's a STrat with a little extra wood.

This whole thread has been a waste of time.

Now I wouldn't mind seeing one with a Straight up Tele body, a string-through bridge, and two PUPs (the Nashville config. would be okay, though.)

• Members

Me too!

The third PUP is what's doing it. That and the knobs/switch positioning. My first reaction is to say "some idiot totally didn't get it and posted a picture of a Strat," and then it dawns on me that I'm the idiot.

yeah...my eyes and brain are confused...

anyhow...those aren't exactly teles with strat-guards...those are strat setups on a tele 'frame'...

i wanna see a tele rig with a strat guard, you now, lipstick at the neck...all that.

• Members

Now I wouldn't mind seeing one with a Straight up Tele body, a string-through bridge, and two PUPs (the Nashville config. would be okay, though.)

Yeah, that would be more interesting to me to. Or, hey, an Esquire version, with a kill switch in place of one of the tone knobs....

BTW, you ever see the earliest known Strat prototype? Came to light avbout fifteen years ago, iirc... can't find a photo online, but it was basically a Tele body but with an upper cutaway and elongated horn, two Tele neck pups. Not unlike a Nashville, barring the difference in body shape. Xan't find a photo online, though....

• Members

Nice
. You think of trying a SD Firedbird mini-hum neck pup / stacked sc sized HB bridge pup, a la Johnny Ramone's customised Mosrites? That would fit right in with the vibe, I think, and probably give you the extra balls you fancy in the bridge as well....

I like the SD mini in the neck. I'm not really looking for a ballsy bridge pup, but I started with a GFS Vintage Alnico and the difference in output between the pups was extreme. They also didn't sound at all good together. The swap to the GFS '62 was an improvement in the balance, but it's still a little lacking in vibe. I may just be looking for a higher quality vintage-output bridge pup.

D

• Members

Probably not what you had in mind, but...

100_1200.jpg

It's still, basically, a test bed in need of further development, but it now has a SD SM-1n in the neck and a GFS Vintage '62 in the bridge. I think I still need to go a little hotter in the bridge.

D

I like this concept and would like to see it further developed.

Archived