New Pedal Day (X8!!!!)

cratz2

• Members

I traded into an entire set of Marshall pedals last week. I'm not really a pedal guy, but what the hell. The entire thing is brand new and is exactly as the display is in many stores... 8 pedals, info tags on each pedal, jumper cables to hook them together, nice quality powder-coated steel pedal board, and a power supply to run the entire thing.

Bad new is, so far, none of them are really blowing my hair back, but it sure looks neat!

Not sure where these are all coming from but in the last 3 weeks or so, there have been three separate sellers with these boards. One sold it for cash quickly, I had a trade worked out with seller #2, but he ended up selling it for cash as well so I went with seller #3 and he said he'd be getting a couple more boards if I knew anyone that was interested.

I don't know if Marshall is changing the actual board itself, or if they've discontinued one or more pedals, either way...

P1060431a1.jpg

:idk:

• Members

HNPDx8!

I have the delay and I absolutely love it. It requires some tweaking, but the "analogue" setting and the echo are excellent. I really enjoy running it as a stereo rig with two amps. :thu:

I don't know much about the others, but there have to be some useful settings in there somewhere!

• Members

I haven't had enough time to play with them much other than to make sure they all work. I used to have an original Guv'nor which did it's thing pretty well. The reverb seems decent so far, but I think I prefer the Digitech RV-7. The Jackhammer sounds surprisingly good considering I'm not a high gain guy at all, but based on 5 minutes play time, I think I prefer the Jackhammer at it's lowest settings to the Guvnor or the Blues Breaker.

• Members

I haven't had enough time to play with them much other than to make sure they all work. I used to have an original Guv'nor which did it's thing pretty well. The reverb seems decent so far, but I think I prefer the Digitech RV-7. The Jackhammer sounds surprisingly good considering I'm not a high gain guy at all, but based on 5 minutes play time, I think I prefer the Jackhammer at it's lowest settings to the Guvnor or the Blues Breaker.

The jackhammer into my laney was my only distortion for about 4 years before I bought my mesa! Its a great pedal once you get that weird contour knob figured out. The contour knob has the potential to totally destroy your tone if you're not careful. Once it sounds good remember where that spot it! The overdrive at about 75% absolutely smokes on this pedal! The high gain sounds a bit muffled for me though.

Happy new pedal day!

Archived