SWEET BABY JESUS! MY ULTIMATE NGD!!!!

Alchemist

• Members

as you can tell from the shaky photos, my hands are actually trembling from excitement!!!

Larrivee D-50... WOW

here are the details for anyone interested

http://www.larrivee.com/3_products/products_loadMovie/50%20series/D50/load%20movie/D50.html

really

just WOW

I promise better pictures in good lighting this weekend, maybe even tomorrow morning, but now I have to leave and am in too much of an excited state to take them lol

006-5.jpg

007-7.jpg

• Members

Congrats :thu: - believe it or not - a "be all/end all" dreadnaught is still the one thing the GAS Man is yearning for. I recently bought the $2800 street price Alvarez MD5000 with Brazilian rosewood back and side for a mere $1,000 on the MF blow out, but although it's a nice guitar, it still didn't have the dreadnaught voice I was hoping/looking for. It's a bit more top-end jangly where I was hoping for more of a bassy Martin tone. So my search will continue. I also have a Martin EC 00028 but it's more middy.

One of these days I'll head to "Dusty Strings" in Seattle and poke through their used selection. Although I've bought a lot of electrics on line, I've never thought that was a good idea on acoustics. Too much variation even within the same model.

So I hope you did indeed find your "Ultimate NGD".

Archived