US predicted to fall in 2010

Phait

• Members

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123051100709638419.html

For a decade, Russian academic Igor Panarin has been predicting the U.S. will fall apart in 2010. For most of that time, he admits, few took his argument -- that an economic and moral collapse will trigger a civil war and the eventual breakup of the U.S. -- very seriously. Now he's found an eager audience: Russian state media.

"There's a 55-45% chance right now that disintegration will occur," he says. "One could rejoice in that process," he adds, poker-faced. "But if we're talking reasonably, it's not the best scenario -- for Russia." Though Russia would become more powerful on the global stage, he says, its economy would suffer because it currently depends heavily on the dollar and on trade with the U.S.

Mr. Panarin posits, in brief, that mass immigration, economic decline, and moral degradation will trigger a civil war next fall and the collapse of the dollar. Around the end of June 2010, or early July, he says, the U.S. will break into six pieces -- with Alaska reverting to Russian control.

California will form the nucleus of what he calls "The Californian Republic," and will be part of China or under Chinese influence. Texas will be the heart of "The Texas Republic," a cluster of states that will go to Mexico or fall under Mexican influence. Washington, D.C., and New York will be part of an "Atlantic America" that may join the European Union. Canada will grab a group of Northern states Prof. Panarin calls "The Central North American Republic." Hawaii, he suggests, will be a protectorate of Japan or China, and Alaska will be subsumed into Russia.

Take Alaska, and you ******s will eat my bullets.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well the world - which includes the US - is in a season of transformation. For something to truly transform it has to die to the old in order to make room for the new. Seen in that light this may not be a bad thing; just a necessary thing.

Not that I think it will happen the way he lays it out; but a transformation of the US is indeed underfoot.

• Members

I must be a little fringe, cause I do think there is a chance of a serious social collapse in the USA in the near term, but, I am also hopeful that Obama has the skills we all hoped he does. The Russian article makes some valid points, but, as usual with Russian speak/write, severely overstates their capabilities to make their view look rosy.

Fat chance Russia would EVER get Alaska ( or any other part of the USA for that matter). I am not a gun nut by any means, and I still own three long guns. My circle of friends have more weapons than I have ever dreamed of owning. Any foreign invader here, especially up in AK, would be pecked to death by guys with deer rifles.

I do think, in my lifetime, we have a greater chance for a civil war or regional war inside our borders, but, I remain an optimist that the American people as a whole are smarter than that...but, I am a realist when flipping through channels and realizing how many Jerry Springer communities exist here as well. In case of a melt down, I am hoping to establish a Dumplomacy here on Grosse Ile.

• Members

Hey Deanmass; that makes you a Michigan boy. I have a good buddy that lived on Grosse Isle for a few years. A sax player named Rocky Tatterlli. He is in Reno now, but I used to have to cross that free bridge often.

Happy New Year to you.

• Members

I predict a fall in 2010.

Some people call it autumn.

Best,

Geoff

Yeah, that's my favorite time of year, so I'm looking forward to the fall of 2010... I hope the colors are nice.

But seriously everyone, Predictions of the fall of the United States have come and gone since 1810.

Trying times are ahead for the whole world, but a disintegration of The States isn

• Members

I'm trying to remember how many times I've read that the world was coming to an end soon, but I can't count that high.

We're having a civil war in the US right now, but the thing is, it's a "civil" war in the sense of being civilized. We've had an orderly transfer of power to a new government, counterbalanced by the "last chance to feed big-time at the trough" bailout.

I don't believe Obama is the messiah who will save us all, BUT his candidacy got people involved in politics who had not given a damn before. In New Mexico, IIRC the voter turnout was around 70%. I've never experienced that in my lifetime.

All that is necessary for this country to turn out well is that people start caring about the political process and raise their voices when appropriate. And by that I mean Republicans, Democrats, liberals, conservatives, stupid people, smart people...the whole ball of wax. The truth lies in a synthesis of approaches, not sticking to rigid ideologies.

• Members

I'm trying to remember how many times I've read that the world was coming to an end soon, but I can't count that high.

All that is necessary for this country to turn out well is that people start caring about the political process and raise their voices when appropriate.
And by that I mean Republicans, Democrats, liberals, conservatives, stupid people, smart people...the whole ball of wax. The truth lies in a synthesis of approaches, not sticking to rigid ideologies.

That my friend is a great definition of the Aquarian Age which we are entering into; Aquarius is the archetype of Synthesis and that is where we are heading. Obama is an example of Synthesis as he is biracial.

The world is not coming to an end, but an age certainly is; and that is not a bad thing. But holding onto the past is not going to be the answer. We are in rapidly changing times and those who get it and move into the future will do just fine, while those who cling to the old way will struggle.

It is an exciting time to be alive and see it all happening.

• Members

If we saw the deterioration and eventual collapse of our government as we know it, the people will do what we Americans do best; take it into our own hands and fix it.

The fact that we Americans keep re-electing the current Congress proves you wrong beyond all measure. ;):D:wave:

I AM worried about one thing, and in 2010 this could very well happen: our Government and economy are running on fumes and borrowed money. If China suddenly decides we're too big of a credit risk anymore (and there's arguments out there that they could go either way) and stop lending us money, we're toast. Absolute toast.

And no telling what'll happen then. :cry:

Archived